What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Guys I know this is not a John Deere Lawn Tractor thread but I got to get the lawn mowed before I ride the Sling. The mower won't run unless I hold the choke fully engaged. It runs fine that way as soon as I let go it starts stumbling bad. I suspect it is the carburetor but some of you guys were born with a wrench in your hand I believe. I have replaced the air filter and the fuel filter is one of those glass ones and looks clean.

Typically a choke does just what it says. It cuts of the air flow thus enriching the fuel/air mixture. Some systems add fuel to enrich but most of the basic engines cut off the air supply until the engine warms up to proper running temperature and then requires less fuel to achieve the correct ratio for proper atomization.

Typically there are three fuel Jets in most carburetors with the pilot jet used at low throttle range. This jet has the smallest opening and typically clogs when stored over time. If the engine runs with the choke on it's telling me it's deprived of fuel and thats why you need to keep the choke on restricting air compensating for the loss of fuel through the piolet/starter jet. My experience tells me it's a big probability the piolet jet is clogged and need to be cleaned.

• Not sure if I post this yet, Had an issue with my rear fender so I modified it,.... just a little.

that was my fender before, then I had my hitch pin from my trailer make a hole after hitting a pot hole.

so I made my own mod

cut out the center and added this. It's the same screen as my hood. Won't stop water but the look is pretty cool. Just need to finish the fiberglass

• New carb will be here tomorrow. For $30 I am not going to mess with the old one. The tractor is run everyday as I ride it to the roar to pick up my mail so I just burn the normal gas in it. My boats and generator only get Alcohol free gas.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• @Carbon_One yep that was one of my first thoughts as I had just filled up the tank from a 5 gal can. I drained off about a quart into a glass jar. No water. New carb will be here tomorrow but I am going to back out the needle jalve and try some more spray carb clean first.

• Looking to do a mod soon. I would like to add the Afterburner Tail Lights from Tricled but I have the Chaser wheel lights installed and they have a adapter that connects to the driver side tail light. So does the Afterburner Tail Lights. I need to know if I can install both like plug one adapter into the other. Does anyone know/ I have messaged SlingMod on their website last week but no reply. I have called twice but just get we will call you back which doesn't work for me.

Next mod I would like to install the Tufskinz Peel and Stick Spoke Accent Kit and the wheel trim. Question is the video on Slingmod.com only shows using the alcohol pad. Should I not use the 3M primer also?

• Dang, first Mitch and now you. We're gonna miss you both. Hate to see you have to leave enjoying the Slingshot, but fully understand that life has commitments that need attention. You're always welcome to still hang with us even if you don't own one anymore.

Good luck finding that buyer soon

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Powder coated my wheels black. Truth be told I've always wanted the black wheels on my Sling. Looked at a couple sets of stock wheels for sale but it was just cheaper to powder coat plus it looked better and they powder coated the lug nuts red for me as well.

• Well I did it again! Pulled out the center rubber appliqué underneath the handbrake and painted it a dark gray but instantly I didn’t like it. So went back to gloss black again. For all of you who look down at this yellowy black ugly piece of rubber it takes paint very well and I think makes a big difference when it’s painted. It pops out and in very easy.

I know I know I have been told to get the aftermarket boot and handle but I’m not a fan of that or the Slingshot one. Are there any other aftermarket brake handles out there?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Well I did it again! Pulled out the center rubber appliqué underneath the handbrake and painted it a dark gray but instantly I didn’t like it. So went back to gloss black again. For all of you who look down at this yellowy black ugly piece of rubber it takes paint very well and I think makes a big difference when it’s painted. It pops out and in very easy.

I know I know I have been told to get the aftermarket boot and handle but I’m not a fan of that or the Slingshot one. Are there any other aftermarket brake handles out there?

Will it crack with heat or moisture or both?

Either way, probably not to difficult to retouch... Good show! 👍

I didn't realize that popped in and out so easily. The gloss black looks great. I've had my eye out for an aftermarket handle and/or leather boot, but the one on Slingmods is the only one I've seen.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"