What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Make sure they sent you the little floppy plastic cutout along with the roof to help remove it. It will sit between the rear lexan panel and the door "hinge" and protect the rear panel from the hinge scratching it as you slide it off. Don't try removing them without it. I emailed them to let me know I didn't get it with the roof, and they sent me one by USPS.

I can post a pic of it later when I get home (unless someone else beats me to it).

Cman this is the plastic piece I was talking about. I would show you how it works on the gullwing roof but mine isn't installed at the moment. If you don't have this, email Twist Dynamics and ask for one. If you need directions on how to use it, just ask.

• ok so i bought the master cylinder brake support and read the instructions quite a few times and they look really simple. I opened the hood to the sling and was looking at where the instructions say the brace should go and well in my 2017 there is zero movement of the master cylinder from front to back due to the way it is mounted on the bike but putting that aside, I am including a pic that hopefully someone can help me understand. For some reason i thought doing this very first thing in the morning after waking up was a good idea and not drinking coffee first lol. and yes i know its dirty lol.

• Cman this is the plastic piece I was talking about. I would show you how it works on the gullwing roof but mine isn't installed at the moment. If you don't have this, email Twist Dynamics and ask for one. If you need directions on how to use it, just ask.

Thanks I will take another look

• NNEVES57

Here is a picture

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Images

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• thank you, that helped quite a bit. I was trying to figure out the direction of the bolts seeing as how the one that it said to remove from the fender panel was going from the outside inward but the part being installed is the opposite so i was just not catching on lol. Like i said, just got out of bed and didnt have coffee yet lol. The second hole that it mounts with doesnt have threading at all and is rather a larger hole so i am going to have to use washers on it to close that gap a little. Thank you Edward Neal for your help.

• NNEVES57

Here is an install video that shows exactly how to install the brace

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Just curious how many are running NOS in their slings.... Elena Smith is... https://www.facebook.com/Polar…ot/videos/447558886355490

I've been running it for about a year. I have not used it in any races yet. I was just using a small 35 shot to spool the turbo faster. This year I am going to go to a 2 stage setup using a 50 shot and a 100-150shot on the big end. It'll all be controlled by the Haltech.

I do not THINK the system on that sling is active yet but do not quote me on that. I've spoken to the owner Antwan several times as he is planning on having us install a Haltech setup in it and I'm not sure the nitrous has been tuned in on the dyno yet.

Here is a quick video of the purge

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Well my yellow calipers didn’t materialize. The only yellow I could find was a little too screaming for me. I did find a burnt copper that I really like. It is just a little darker than what I did on my last SS. It’s 9 o’clock on the West Coast and I’ve got two coats on the front right now and hopefully will finish up this evening. I have some tufskinz add-ons, a homemade goodie that I’ll show tomorrow as well.😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Like that color .......

• Well my yellow calipers didn’t materialize. The only yellow I could find was a little too screaming for me. I did find a burnt copper that I really like. It is just a little darker than what I did on my last SS...

SoCal, I like the idea of painting with the caliper in place. For some reason, I had assumed the caliper needed to be removed for painting. Did the caliper require much prep before painting? What did you do to get it ready?

• SoCal, I like the idea of painting with the caliper in place. For some reason, I had assumed the caliper needed to be removed for painting. Did the caliper require much prep before painting? What did you do to get it ready?

I agree because i took mines off to paint but like what he did and the back of the brake pad got sprayed also, matching it, nice.........i have a 2020 coming for some work & i just bought caliper paint for and was planning on taking em off but dont know now

• I’m still on my first cuppa coffee and I did finish up last night. I will give my dissertation a little bit later on this morning. getting the cobwebs out right now.

I did this the same way on my last SS and the paint looked brand new til the day I wrecked it!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Installed DDM short shifter. Very easy but the I went to install the assault gt shift knob. Install was easy if you don't like things fitting properly. Like knob but it's fit leaves something to be desired. The knob screw hole is alittle to low. To get it to align with the hole in the stock shifter shaft you have to raise it on the shaft. Thus the silver ring is very loose. I had to put a zip tie on the shaft so the ring would sit on it. Thus raising the ring so the balls shaft can keep it from flopping around. Also the logo doesn't line up north to south when the ball is screwed in all the way. They should do away with the logo on top of the ball. I have a 2015 SL. Maybe they updated the hole postion on the shaft for later models. I would not buy again.