What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Just some food for thought, if you end up biting the bullet and purchasing a new one. I spray-painted all of mine black for two reasons; first, I like the way they look, and two, it makes them fit tighter, so there's less chance of them being jarred loose and falling off.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Hey bro, I was serious about where to attach those clamps you mentioned. I was hoping you could tell me what they look like or a part number and do they replace something there or attach in addition to what is there? Thanks

They are clamps that go on the sway bar just outside the sway bar mounts and keep the sway bar from shifting back and forth. See Post # 8 in this thread - DDM sway bar install Quick Question for pics. Just measure your sway bar diameter to know what size to get.

• No mods today either but I did check the oil. One for the things I am not good at doing when I should. I haven't even finished the Chaser lights project yet as I need to hook the brake light to the back wheel up yet. That requires crawling under to run the wire and not sure my back can handle it. I can't see the rear wheel when driving so I don't really care.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• 74 here and been driving since I was 14. Did run my 58 Chevy nearly out of oil one time and my dad put me straight on that. Every Ford I have ever owned seamed like it was always a quart low even when new so I had to check every now and then. When you only change every 30 to 50k you kind of need to keep a eye on it.

• Today I would like to get Apple CarPlay working on my 2020 R. I am just not having any luck. I bought the Bluetooth transmitter that was recommended on another forum but I must be missing a step some where.

• Today I would like to get Apple CarPlay working on my 2020 R. I am just not having any luck. I bought the Bluetooth transmitter that was recommended on another forum but I must be missing a step some where.

I only have Apple CarPlay on one car, My wife's 2020 Volvo, and in that vehicle CarPlay required a wired connection with a USB cable - With bluetooth the phone will link to the cars system and you can make and take calls through the cars sound system, but if we want CarPlay and the apps and maps from the phone to be available on the cars screen the direct connection is necessary - Apple even talks about the fact that there are two ways for CarPlay to work - Wired and Wireless and not all vehicles support connecting with bluetooth

anyway I know nothing about the newer slingshots or what type of CarPlay they support - Just wanted to point out that some vehicles do not support wireless CarPlay - - You may want to plug in with ta USB cable - if its anything like our car it will go directly into setting up the connection

Actually its kind of interesting - with my wife's Volvo when I get in my phone automatically links with bluetooth for phone functions - if I then plug it in with the cord I get a message on the screen telling me that a phone is already connected do I want to disconnect it and use CarPlay - - -

anyway Like I said I know nothing about CarPlay in the Slingshot of if it needs the cable or not - - just thought it might be worth trying

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I will give that a try I just wish Polaris would provide more info about it. Going to look at the users manual again to see if I missed something. Thanks @Edward Neal

no problem - - like I said the Volvo is my only experience using CarPlay - - just seemed to me that if a rather advanced Volvo would require the wired connection then Polaris might also require it

Also when running apps and all of the other things CarPlay can do I would think it would kill battery life of the phone if not using a USB cable to keep it charged

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• no problem - - like I said the Volvo is my only experience using CarPlay - - just seemed to me that if a rather advanced Volvo would require the wired connection then Polaris might also require it

Also when running apps and all of the other things CarPlay can do I would think it would kill battery life of the phone if not using a USB cable to keep it charged

I think it's just a carplay thing. Need to be plugged into my Kia to use it. I can stream bluetooth audio, but not navigation. Perhaps in a few years as the bluetooth protocol developes.

• Hence I have my SS jacket up for other mods I prepared today for an oil change, you can see I play it safe

Under the race ramps I put some 2x4s so my skinny but fits underneath 😂😂

I have got to do the same thing to Sling II, I have put the first 5,000 miles on it. I have got to get it done before Clarkesville. I think Sling I also needs an oil change.

• Well I didn't completely get CarPlay working today but was able to get music from my IPhone via USB cable. I prefer using a memory stick anyway as I just put on what I want to hear. I do now have the sound going to my hearing aids and get awesome sound even at highway speeds with no outside noise.

• They are clamps that go on the sway bar just outside the sway bar mounts and keep the sway bar from shifting back and forth. See Post # 8 in this thread - DDM sway bar install Quick Question for pics. Just measure your sway bar diameter to know what size to get.

this is what I fit got the clamp and powder coated them

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch