What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• I find it very funny to read someone say that any kind of cell phone is "old school" - - to me any cell phone is new technology to me a "old School" would be rotary dial phone on land line - ya know one of those black bakelite things that weight enough to use for self defence

yea I know you all were joking, but it reminded me of short the percentage of my life has been where cell phones are the norm - - - - some people these days think its odd that my wife and I sill have a land line, but to us it would just be wrong not to have it

anyway just something to ponder on your next ride

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Almost to the high for today temp wise, tomorrow warmer they say so thinking about taking it out to at least get gas this afternoon! I did get my vent mesh installed this morning and knocked out the sway bar upgrades. Can say the OEM rods were bent on both sides, must be those mountain switchbacks!

• I find it very funny to read someone say that any kind of cell phone is "old school" - - to me any cell phone is new technology to me a "old School" would be rotary dial phone on land line - ya know one of those black bakelite things that weight enough to use for self defence

yea I know you all were joking, but it reminded me of short the percentage of my life has been where cell phones are the norm - - - - some people these days think its odd that my wife and I sill have a land line, but to us it would just be wrong not to have it

In my case "old school" is defined as non streaming... i.e. Pandora, Apple Music, Spotify.. and such.. I still rip music from CD's, convert bit rates and such and store them on the Iphone... I guess that since the portion of the Iphone I am talking about really is just an Ipod... I should have said Ipod... In my Ford, I still have a 6 cd player with CD mixes that I put together.......

I know true old school would be a turn table with a crank... but I am not going back that far.

Real old school telephones are the kind you pick up the earpiece, click on the the on/off hook a few times and the operator would answer. I actually got to rewire a couple of those to work with our "modern" phone system a couple of times.... BTW... I worked at the "phone company" for 42 years....

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Almost to the high for today temp wise, tomorrow warmer they say so thinking about taking it out to at least get gas this afternoon! I did get my vent mesh installed this morning and knocked out the sway bar upgrades. Can say the OEM rods were bent on both sides, must be those mountain switchbacks!

Go to the auto parts store and buy you some stop clamps so the sway bar does not move from side to side, if you have not already done it.

• This is a 1942 telephone that I have. Still works great. It is “high tech” for the era as it has a switch for turning ringer on or off...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I was born in 46 and we didn't have dial phones I guess the farm land of Iowa was behind.

I was going to say that where a person grew up probably had an impact on when such things as party lines were fazed out - - bigger metropolitan areas that had to deal with larger numbers of people probably moved away from party lines sooner than small rural areas where the number of phone users was much smaller.. I was born in 1954, but I also grew up first in the Bay Area and then the suburbs of Los Angeles - as such by the time I was aware of how the phone worked the party lines were no longer in that area

I do remember when people used location names instead of numbers - - we were Hillcrest 78259 - - which was 447-8259 - - that would have been around 1960 - - back then with an area code and the Hillcrest part you knew exactly what area you were calling - - these days with cell phones area codes don't even guarantee the person is actually in that area

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• i had to cut a hole to mount it here, i would hate to have to move it lol. That is why i bought a longer whip. and put the power adapter to it. hoping that would boost signal.

Check with the various local or online auto supply stores and you can probably find a plug to fill that hole if you decide to reposition it. Before repositioning the antenna, you might want to see if you can run a small wire (18-22 AWG should be sufficient, I'd imagine) from underneath the nut or whatever mechanism the antenna uses to anchor it thru the hole and then connect that wire to the frame. This should allow the frame to perform like a ground-plane and may improve your reception.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

My house has two land lines and two cells

• The phones made for the old Ma Bell nationwide system were typically made to last just about forever, unlike the cheap crap introduced after the Bell system breakup. Modern cell phones are mainly limited with how many times the battery can be recharged before servicing replacement is needed or the OS becomes too old to handle newer apps and the only option is usually buying a new phone with a current OS.

• Well it looks like I am going to have to make a trip to the dealer seams the the center cover on the driver side of the rear wheel is missing. If it was the same as the front ones it has the Polaris symbol no it. Do these things fall off or did someone take a liking to it and popped it off? I don't even recall there being one back there.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• The phones made for the old Ma Bell nationwide system were typically made to last just about forever, unlike the cheap crap introduced after the Bell system breakup. Modern cell phones are mainly limited with how many times the battery can be recharged before servicing replacement is needed or the OS becomes too old to handle newer apps and the only option is usually buying a new phone with a current OS.

yes, I remember back in my youth the phone was built like a tank and it was actually the property of the phone company

• Well it looks like I am going to have to make a trip to the dealer seams the the center cover on the driver side of the rear wheel is missing. If it was the same as the front ones it has the Polaris symbol no it. Do these things fall off or did someone take a liking to it and popped it off? I don't even recall there being one back there.

Based on this site - https://www.cheapcycleparts.co…0a/wheel-rear-all-options, Polaris uses the same wheel cap on all Slingshot wheels. Just remember to check as many sites as possible to ensure you get the best price/shipping combo. The first 2 sites I checked both wanted $13.99 per cap.

• Go to the auto parts store and buy you some stop clamps so the sway bar does not move from side to side, if you have not already done it.

Hey bro, I was serious about where to attach those clamps you mentioned. I was hoping you could tell me what they look like or a part number and do they replace something there or attach in addition to what is there? Thanks

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.