What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• oh i bluetooth to it so its not that, but i want the radio to work. i put a power attachment for the antennae and still no radio.

I bought one of those antenna amps from Slingmods and, like you, no improvement with reception at all. I think I'll take chavey2 advice and play around with the positioning of the stock antenna and see what happens.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• This pollen is a real killer this year and they say it is going to go on longer this year. First we had Pine pollen and for the last few weeks it's Oak pollen. My sling lives out side and I drive it enough that it don't get covered like it should.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• The higher an antenna is, the better its reception is likely to be.

On vehicles with a metal body, the body serves as a ground-plane.Corvette owners used to attach a metal plate underneath the area where the antenna mounted to the fiberglass body to act as a mini-ground-plane for improved reception. IIRC, some Corvette owners just placed self-stick aluminum tape in a radial pattern underneath the antenna mounting point instead of a metal sheet. Using either the metal sheet or a radial pattern of the aluminum self-stick tape, it is best to ensure that the metal sheet/radial aluminum tape placement is grounded to the frame. In the case of the self-stick aluminum tape, the adhesive may also necessitate grounding each strip to the other tape strips and then grounding the entire assembly to the frame.

I haven't bothered to reconnect my antenna yet, but the last time I tested possible antenna locations, I found the higher the antenna is placed above any surrounding metal objects (like a metal-framed top, for instance), the better the reception. Also ensuring the base of the antenna is grounded to the Slingshot frame should also improve reception by allowing the frame to act as a ground-plane.

• I've been doing it wrong all these years. It says to add the fresh oil through the oil fill cap. Then reinstall the oil fill cap. If you do it that way, won't your oil pan STILL BE EMPTY? Shouldn't you add the fresh oil through a FUNNEL into the hole in the cam cover where the oil fill cap WAS?

I guess now that I know the official way to change the oil, I need to out and get me some black rubber gloves and use my blue ones for other jobs.

Don't hold it against me. it's been a LONG day and I'm tired and sore as hell. Off to bed in a couple seconds and get ready for another long couple of days

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I've been doing it wrong all these years. It says to add the fresh oil through the oil fill cap. Then reinstall the oil fill cap. If you do it that way, won't your oil pan STILL BE EMPTY? Shouldn't you add the fresh oil through a FUNNEL into the hole in the cam cover where the oil fill cap WAS?

I guess now that I know the official way to change the oil, I need to out and get me some black rubber gloves and use my blue ones for other jobs.

Don't hold it against me. it's been a LONG day and I'm tired and sore as hell. Off to bed in a couple seconds and get ready for another long couple of days

You could sure make a big mess!;)

• Polaris doesn't have the best tech writers a lot of there stuff in the manual leaves me with a lot of questions.

What do you think helped to make the SlingShotinfo site as good as it is. The people that bought the Sling's in 2014 and 2015 telling other's how to fix stuff and what mods and how to install them. All of us were on the dark side until we had continuing problems there and rabtech started this site up

• My Assault hood vent was just delivered. Once again excellent and prompt shipping from slingmods. The vent came with the raw aluminum vent plates installed so the first thing I did was to switch them out and put on the faster red plates: not really enough light right now to finish the install so I will wait until Saturday morning. Just to get an idea of how it will look and see if I like it I set it in place on top of the factory price and snapped a pic. I like it, different from other vents and I think it pairs well with the double bubble windshields

165517299_3957990150889585_6392586897821787909_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=IAdXoZm34MUAX9my0-9&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=8ccb054eba246c605cc27f60a4d7cf2e&oe=6084A5F7

165223218_3957990174222916_4607282825808700003_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=I9w3GoRGrOYAX-2rzvg&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=264fcdabead81853537efe6ecf15fbe5&oe=6083F4D7

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• My Assault hood vent was just delivered. Once again excellent and prompt shipping from slingmods. The vent came with the raw aluminum vent plates installed so the first thing I did was to switch them out and put on the faster red plates: not really enough light right now to finish the install so I will wain until Saturday morning. Just to get an idea of how it will look and see if I like I set it in place on top of the factory price and snapped a pic. I like it, different from other vents and I think it pairs well with the double bubble windshields

165517299_3957990150889585_6392586897821787909_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=IAdXoZm34MUAX9my0-9&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=8ccb054eba246c605cc27f60a4d7cf2e&oe=6084A5F7

165223218_3957990174222916_4607282825808700003_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=I9w3GoRGrOYAX-2rzvg&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=264fcdabead81853537efe6ecf15fbe5&oe=6083F4D7

That looks pretty sharp!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• My Assault hood vent was just delivered. Once again excellent and prompt shipping from slingmods. The vent came with the raw aluminum vent plates installed so the first thing I did was to switch them out and put on the faster red plates: not really enough light right now to finish the install so I will wait until Saturday morning. Just to get an idea of how it will look and see if I like it I set it in place on top of the factory price and snapped a pic. I like it, different from other vents and I think it pairs well with the double bubble windshields

Sweet. What made you decide for the Assault one vs the others on the market like Twist Dynamics etc?

• Sweet. What made you decide for the Assault one vs the others on the market like Twist Dynamics etc?

I wanted something different - seems like almost everyone has the Bullet Speed vent or the knockoff from twist and they really don't look much different from stock - heck many non slingshot people probably couldn't even notice the difference. When I first saw this one it was different and the more I thought about it I came to think that it would really look good with my double bubble windshields

I also think by coming up above the hood as it does it has a bit of that old school muscle car hood scoop look - - like it was needed to make room for a blower or something.

there is the other vent that slingmods sells the paramount plastics that also is different and I like the looks as well, but I don't like that it seems to be blow molded plastic

I will say the way this think opens in the back it should do a great job at venting underwood heat

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I installed my antennea in the rear by the fin next to the roll bar, I wonder if that might be causing the interference?

I can definitely say yes. If you move your antenna away from the roll hoops, that will help some. Better would be to mount it to the top of the SlingShade. I did some testing with the stock antenna a few years back, just moving it to different spots. The higher and further away from interfering metal, the better.