What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Got those hood vents knocked out today and put on those convex mirrors. Driveway still snow packed so didn't take for spin, but looks good and I can see more in the mirrors. Vents were easier than I thought after you get going and funny how that fear of screwing up is what made me put off this mod for so long.

You know it's more fun when you spread the mods out over time right? lol

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• You know it's more fun when you spread the mods out over time right? lol

Hahaha, true. Glad I got it done though as yesterday we woke up to half the breakers tripped. Tried flipping them back and sent 240 to some electronics (my 3d printer :( ) - had to replace the underground from the pole, the moisture or whatever was allowing 240 to come in on one line vs only when combined via the two lines. Also took out the motherboard in the furnace. Buy surge protectors if you don't have already - not sure this was Mountain View's fault or old ground line - but buy surge protectors as everything on a surge besides my old Yamaha receiver made it (cheap surge on that one) survived. Oh by the way all those smart switches don't like 240 either - standard wall switches survived, all smart switches melted in the walls...Lucky we didn't burn the place down and even luckier one of my tenants is an electrician who works for rent money lol

• Whew, installed my DDMWorks Angle Drive Brace today. Not a hard install really but I could have used smaller hands and if I could trade in this 68+year body for just a couple of hours the getting up and down on the garage floor would have been easier.:P The shoulder that I had surgery on a few weeks ago wasn't much help either but I got it done. ;) Anyway, it's done and behind me now. I feel a better about the angle drive being more ridged. Tomorrow and Wednesday are supposed to be in the 60's so I may have to get out and play a little.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• drfubar Man I feel your pain. I was going to crawl under the ss to put the lights on. I got under there and could move around. Should have known my back hurts so bad I can hardly stand the pain when I try to turn over in bed. My son completed the install for me maybe I could talk him into doing the bracket.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• drfubar Man I feel your pain. I was going to crawl under the ss to put the lights on. I got under there and could move around. Should have known my back hurts so bad I can hardly stand the pain when I try to turn over in bed. My son completed the install for me maybe I could talk him into doing the bracket.

I keep mine up on ramps and that lifts it high enough so I could get around in under the SS but a lift would have been nice.

TheDonFather - Videos

• Whew, installed my DDMWorks Angle Drive Brace today. Not a hard install really but I could have used smaller hands and if I could trade in this 68+year body for just a couple of hours the getting up and down on the garage floor would have been easier.:P The shoulder that I had surgery on a few weeks ago wasn't much help either but I got it done. ;) Anyway, it's done and behind me now. I feel a better about the angle drive being more ridged. Tomorrow and Wednesday are supposed to be in the 60's so I may have to get out and play a little.

Were you able to do it in place without removing it?

If so did you need a torque wrench or any other special tools?

Slingshot beginner (Nov 2020), 2019 S White/Black, Bullet Speed V-Back, with Blue Fire accents

• This is a pretty personal mod... but I like it!

Before...

And after...

I must say, I'm enjoying these! Distance only contacts. They are comfortable, and I have enough close vision to see the dash instruments easily.

No more wobbling my head with bifocals. No more scratching my lenses with goggles, binoculars, or at the telescope!

Still have to wear reading specs (over the counter, not prescription), but that's just fine.

If the weather stays good, (and the snow melts off the driveway, I'll go riding tomorrow!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I got pulled over by a cop one time & of course he had to see my license. He said, “Hey, according to your license, you’re supposed to be wearing glasses!” I replied, “But I have contacts!” He said, “Look, Buddy, I don’t care who you know, you’re still getting a ticket!”

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Total stud either way... :thumbsup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Were you able to do it in place without removing it?

If so did you need a torque wrench or any other special tools?

Not sure what you are referring to when you say do it in place without removing it... Removing what? I didn't remove anything, only added the angle drive brace.

Yes I used two torque wrenches. My smaller one for most of the bolts and the large one for the last bolt which is 85 ft lbs.

TheDonFather - Videos

• Yeah, I thought everyone wore contacts...LOL.

TheDonFather - Videos

• Not sure what you are referring to when you say do it in place without removing it... Removing what?

Yes I used two torque wrenches. My smaller one for most of the bolts and the large one for the last bolt which is 85 ft lbs.

"Do it in place," as in did you have to remove the angle drive from your SS in order to add the reinforcement or were you able to remove all the necessary bolts, slip the support in, and install the new bolts. I'm assuming that's what you were able to do.

Slingshot beginner (Nov 2020), 2019 S White/Black, Bullet Speed V-Back, with Blue Fire accents

• "Do it in place," as in did you have to remove the angle drive from your SS in order to add the reinforcement or were you able to remove all the necessary bolts, slip the support in, and install the new bolts. I'm assuming that's what you were able to do.

Ahhhhhh,, yes you are correct. You can just pull a few bolts and add the brace parts. You can go to DDMworks website and read the instructions if you want. It gives you a pretty detailed and visual file to look at. I recommend it. Hell, I'm an expert now, just bring it by I'll talk you through it... :thumbsup:

TheDonFather - Videos

• Got those hood vents knocked out today and put on those convex mirrors. Driveway still snow packed so didn't take for spin, but looks good and I can see more in the mirrors. Vents were easier than I thought after you get going and funny how that fear of screwing up is what made me put off this mod for so long.

Have some upgrades coming out tomorrow for those vents, the black looks great on the yellow!