What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• I would call tric led. I think they will work with you. If not you can remove the tape on the back of the strip apply 3m primer with a q tip then cut double sided tape to match the width of the strip.

• Anyone have the under dash sub kit installed? I'm tackling that next week. I have tunnel runners so I don't expect it to go smoothly.

I have one of those. Pretty easy install. Easier too if you have someone holding it up from cab side as you tighten and when I thought it was tight had to go tighter on those bolts, but eventually it snugged right up. I'm not sure what tunnel runners are? Ran sub wire down and behind passenger speaker and then up and over through rear deck and down to sub under driver seat. Only did it that way as was apart already, mounting that sub box definitely easiest part.

On that box... had issues with my wires inside and that red/black power plug. As I put speaker in couldn't route the wires where they wouldn't interfere with that plug... Ended up soldering the wires and yanked that plug out. Figure it's a little "ported" now :D I'm still waiting on my amp cable for ride command and then will test it all.

• Anyone have the under dash sub kit installed? I'm tackling that next week. I have tunnel runners so I don't expect it to go smoothly.

I have the under dash sub woofer and it WILL NOT fit if you have the JL Audio speaker pods setup, ask me how i know......but because i wanted them both i didnt let that stop me......i just sanded down the edge where the issue was for fitting and it created a hole in the JL Audio speaker pod , which made me go out and get some fiberglass & resin to cover back up and painted & made it fit......and love it

• Thanks.

I have the stock side speaker pods with an upgraded speaker. If it doesn't fit with those that is a sign of poor planning. I'm trying to decide if I will put the sub under the passenger or driver seat. I'm leaning towards passenger since I have to do something with the interior led wires in that side as well.

I ordered a jl mx300 1 and plan on installing two 6.75 compact kickers in the box. UAS only offers a single on their site. I'm fairly certain two will fit based on the measurements in the manual. The 6.5 jbl they offer as duals have a very similar cut out. I can't imagine 1/8" will not allow them both to fit.

• Thanks.

I have the stock side speaker pods with an upgraded speaker. If it doesn't fit with those that is a sign of poor planning. I'm trying to decide if I will put the sub under the passenger or driver seat. I'm leaning towards passenger since I have to do something with the interior led wires in that side as well.

I ordered a jl mx300 1 and plan on installing two 6.75 compact kickers in the box. UAS only offers a single on their site. I'm fairly certain two will fit based on the measurements in the manual. The 6.5 jbl they offer as duals have a very similar cut out. I can't imagine 1/8" will not allow them both to fit.

I dont see why not , i have the 2 JL Audio 6.5 woofers in there running off of a JL Audio 300.1 off of my pioneer headunit (which different headunits do matter)

• @Cman no the strip is back on but no longer working. Pulling on the strip on doth broke a wire connection in the strip. Slingmod is trying to get me just a light strip replacement for me but those are the color changing strips and probably won't be cheap. the Kit was $280. Two long strips and a few short strips.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Update on Chaser Lights. Only have the brake to rear wheel left to hook up everything is now working. It is supposed to rain till next Friday so I will have to wait on running the wire under the sling.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Well the 102" strip is bad after having to pull it off and turn it around. Will have to try to order a new one today. Don't know if I should call Slingmod where I bougth the kit or TricLED guess I will figure it out.

I'll share a tip with everyone. For all of my under body glow, I didn't use strips, I preferred these, from Walmart, and love them. They're extremely durable, you can mount them to just about anything with self-tapping screws, and they light up the ground as good as any strip I've seen.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/4-6…-Trail-Rig-Lamp/409663199

Hope this helps someone...

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• How many total do you have under yours and do you have pics from different angles? I have friends with rock lights on trucks and rtvs they are durable

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• How many total do you have under yours and do you have pics from different angles? I have friends with rock lights on trucks and rtvs they are durable

I bought the kit with eight pods and it's expandable if I want to add more later. Sorry, I didn't take any side pics, but they look the same. I installed two of the pods in the wheel well to light up the suspension.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Roadhawg i’m with you on the Walmart lights and they look really good. Nice job.

I just ordered this from eBay and installed it behind the front of the front spoiler and I’m very happy. Nice soft glow all done for about 15$ total.🙂

Can cut them too!

That looks terrific and looks like it would be easy to tuck away if you want to hide it. I may use something like that for "mood lighting" inside the cockpit... 😉

• Looks super bright!

• Picked up the trailer today. Was supposed to be 2k when I got the quote 8 weeks or so back now, but agreed to 2500 before they started as material costs did go up from what I could tell doing my own research. Bottom line, I'm happy. Too cold to see how the sling fits but with the dovetail and ramp, should be good. He's built 3 other sling trailers so had a good idea of what I was after. The Brush guard is nice and will keep crap off the sling hopefully. I really like the hitch, super simple and way more secure than my other utv trailers. Electronic breaks worked good testing in the snow on the way home and couldn't get it to sway much doing fishtails but we'll see how it does with sling loaded.

I'm going to add some of those strap ratchet points once I get sling on there and see where everything ends up. Tiedowns in corners, but will feel better bout tire straps and then around frame to those tiedowns as a safety thing. My thoughts - suggestions or ideas on how to secure greatly appreciated!

• Picked up the trailer today. Was supposed to be 2k when I got the quote 8 weeks or so back now, but agreed to 2500 before they started as material costs did go up from what I could tell doing my own research. Bottom line, I'm happy. Too cold to see how the sling fits but with the dovetail and ramp, should be good. He's built 3 other sling trailers so had a good idea of what I was after. The Brush guard is nice and will keep crap off the sling hopefully. I really like the hitch, super simple and way more secure than my other utv trailers. Electronic breaks worked good testing in the snow on the way home and couldn't get it to sway much doing fishtails but we'll see how it does with sling loaded.

I'm going to add some of those strap ratchet points once I get sling on there and see where everything ends up. Tiedowns in corners, but will feel better bout tire straps and then around frame to those tiedowns as a safety thing. My thoughts - suggestions or ideas on how to secure greatly appreciated!

I use these in my enclosed trailer

Up front 1 to each A arm and in the rear I use an axle strap around the rear tire then I have on strap to each side of the axle strap.

Works great. I do the same thing to hold my SXS to its trailer.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!