What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• EjFord you are so correct I should’ve chosen my words more carefully. But you must admit there is a wow factor with what Trooper is doing!

thank you sir. I have been wanting one for a very long time. and finally the good lord blessed me enough to be able to get one. I figure since I am not getting rid of my slingshot just try to fix it up the best I can and how I want it.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• My friend liked my seats so much he bought a pair. We got them installed today only took about 4 1/2 hours.

......they are very nice .......do you know what did they secure the harness too.......(left side rear seat bolt & front roll hoop bolts , maybe) im interested in the harness

• It would probably be best if I didn't say what my Mod project was today or how it went. But here goes. I was on the way home from getting my first virus shot when my son calls and says it is a great day but it is going to rain Friday and the weekend lets get those lights on your sling. Well I got the sling into his garage and it was 80 degrees out. Perfect lets get er done. Did the drivers side front wheel and that went well so while that side was jacked up we just went ahead and put the light strips under that side. Well that was when the project went down hill. I can't get under the sling because of my back so my son and grandson started on that. I had them watch the slingmod install video and we kept the laptop right there on the video. Well it says put the male end at one end of the sling, I don't remember which now but my Grandson cleaned and put on two coats of 3M Primer and stuck the strip on and added a few zip ties. The strip was on the wrong way. He had to pull it off carefully but it was no longer stuck on now it is just zip tied. Here is the miss leading part. The connectors them selves the plastic are male and female BUT the female connector has male pins in it the male connector has female pins. I told them what they should have looked at. Explained male pins and female holes to my 20 year old grandson. But as you could see it was miss leading. We got all the light strips ond and cables routed but just tied down in the engine compartment. I will just have to do the hook up at home myself. We started at 2PM and I headed home at 9PM. Some one on here said it was harder then the video made it look and I will agree.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I said that in another thread... and it is true! I had an lol on you explaining connector types. Thanks for sharing. I'm working on lite the nite interior leds now and trying to figure out the wire path.

• ......they are very nice .......do you know what did they secure the harness too.......(left side rear seat bolt & front roll hoop bolts , maybe) im interested in the harness

yes, we secured the harness to the front 2 roll-hoop bolts then brought the straps between upper and lower panel, (this was suggested to me buy another member of the group) and the bottom of the belt is secured to the back 2 seat bolts.

• yes, we secured the harness to the front 2 roll-hoop bolts then brought the straps between upper and lower panel, (this was suggested to me buy another member of the group) and the bottom of the belt is secured to the back 2 seat bolts.

This is one of the very first mods that I had wanted to do ...... and gave up when slingmods stopped selling the harness bars after the 2016 and i even contacted the company who made em and they said they were discontinuing the bars which pissed me off..........but now i see others which gives me hope 😁

• My friend liked my seats so much he bought a pair. We got them installed today only took about 4 1/2 hours.

also i see the passenger seat doesnt have the harness, is that because you didnt want it on there or because of that PAIN IN THE AZZ sideways bolt in the rear of the passenger seat......

• also i see the passenger seat doesnt have the harness, is that because you didnt want it on there or because of that PAIN IN THE AZZ sideways bolt in the rear of the passenger seat......

One came damaged from the manufacturer, He should have the new one tomorrow.
    I agree with you, why the hell would they put the Bolt in sideways!! And why the heck didn’t they just use the same bracketing for the seats on both sides??

• Love those seats and that four point - one day! I really like how those look, just not sure about hooking into that harness each time!

The wife gave me my valentines day present early as it showed up today, so put those on tonight and I like them. Little flash for the interior

No I didn't get her parts for the sling for Vday...lol it would probably be cheaper though!

I also got my replacement Halo from TricLED today so swapped that out and pulled the rear tire for the wife to paint. I didn't realize she was waiting on me to pull it, she thought I had changed my mind on doing it. Should be getting a call and picking up the trailer tomorrow - things are coming together to where it's going to be an awesome riding season!

• Got my 4 Marine Kicker LED speakers, JL Audio M400 Amp, JL Audio JD500 mono AMP, JL Audio PowerSport Stealthbox behind the seat and Audiocontrol LC6i for the Equalizer/converter since i kept the stock head unit. Thanks to SoCal for the fantastic deal on the Stealthbox now I understand why it costs $800 MSRP its freaking awesome!! The whole system sounds clean and it hits HARD. I dont know how you guys with 6 or even 8 speakers do it for me 4 well placed are more than enough.

• It would probably be best if I didn't say what my Mod project was today or how it went. But here goes. I was on the way home from getting my first virus shot when my son calls and says it is a great day but it is going to rain Friday and the weekend lets get those lights on your sling. Well I got the sling into his garage and it was 80 degrees out. Perfect lets get er done. Did the drivers side front wheel and that went well so while that side was jacked up we just went ahead and put the light strips under that side. Well that was when the project went down hill. I can't get under the sling because of my back so my son and grandson started on that. I had them watch the slingmod install video and we kept the laptop right there on the video. Well it says put the male end at one end of the sling, I don't remember which now but my Grandson cleaned and put on two coats of 3M Primer and stuck the strip on and added a few zip ties. The strip was on the wrong way. He had to pull it off carefully but it was no longer stuck on now it is just zip tied. Here is the miss leading part. The connectors them selves the plastic are male and female BUT the female connector has male pins in it the male connector has female pins. I told them what they should have looked at. Explained male pins and female holes to my 20 year old grandson. But as you could see it was miss leading. We got all the light strips ond and cables routed but just tied down in the engine compartment. I will just have to do the hook up at home myself. We started at 2PM and I headed home at 9PM. Some one on here said it was harder then the video made it look and I will agree.

I totally understand! Watch the Slingmods exhaust replacement- video - looks like a simple affair. Hummm not so much 😖 The video’s are helpful but the time frame is not quite realistic. At least for me 🤪

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Well the 102" strip is bad after having to pull it off and turn it around. Will have to try to order a new one today. Don't know if I should call Slingmod where I bougth the kit or TricLED guess I will figure it out.

If the music is to loud you are to old.