What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• When I became “slingless” many on this forum reached out with well wishes and support. The camaraderie here has always been great and we all know how cool it is to be here! And anyone that has any kind of issue knows about the support.

THEN out of the blue I got a message from wokka that he reached out to Dave@DDMWorks and Angie@DDMWorks and put together a very thoughtful incentive to place an order with Dave - and I did. Very grateful and humbled by their thoughtfulness.

Sooo I got the padded armrests with the blue stitching and the coil cover. Beautiful! Both very well made, easy instructions, and couldn’t be happier!
    The hardware that came with the coil cover was all stainless well thought out and made the installation quick and easy. Armrests, stick and play!

They go well with my DDM 3 ways, kick plate, nut cover, gas cap, and the list goes on.

Super happy and appreciative!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Finished up the paint on the DDM nut cover, belt guard and bullet brake cover to match the swing arm or at least a try at it.

Time to get out of the garage and hit the road...

Curious when you painted that plastic what kinda prep did you do to it? I want to add some color back there on mine and don't want to buy something as 4 wheel conversion is probably in cards for next years winter project. Was thinking about finding some paint to try to match or I do have a powder coat guy, but hasn't done my yellow yet...options lol

• Curious when you painted that plastic what kinda prep did you do to it? I want to add some color back there on mine and don't want to buy something as 4 wheel conversion is probably in cards for next years winter project. Was thinking about finding some paint to try to match or I do have a powder coat guy, but hasn't done my yellow yet...options lol

I really didn’t do anything other than thoroughly clean and scrub all the parts with soap and water let them dry then spray them with their primer which kind of fills in the dimples on the plastic.
    Then multiple very light coats of paint. I actually had a few places as well where I had to stop let it dry and sand. Wasn’t trying to build a watch here but I did have this same deal on my last belt guard/ nut cover and it held up beautifully. Having a nice warm sunny day makes a big difference too. Sure speeds things up. Hope this helps you and you can get this paint at Walmart or any automotive store.

• I know! It is sold on the slingmods site and is "For the slingshot" But I have not found a way to rearrange the picture - Kinda looking a gift horse in the mouth thought don't think??

Turn my phone upside down...??

Go to the link https://my-fobo.com/uploads/fo…rGuidever2_4_04032016.pdf at foo, page 14. You have a choice of normal trike and reversed trike (can Am type picture, but two wheels on the front). The downside, you have to start from adding a new bike to choose reverse trike. That means you will also have to release the sensors from the current bike/configuration and reinstall. Maybe aa 10 min job.

• Go to the link https://my-fobo.com/uploads/fo…rGuidever2_4_04032016.pdf at foo, page 14. You have a choice of normal trike and reversed trike (can Am type picture, but two wheels on the front). The downside, you have to start from adding a new bike to choose reverse trike. That means you will also have to release the sensors from the current bike/configuration and reinstall. Maybe aa 10 min job.

Wow / Thank you! I was wondering if there was a way to do this appreciate the advice

• I will, originally I was gonna to install it under the passenger side for my Barbie, but she maybe would have a to big a smile 😃 😂😂😃

Barbie would kick your butt for that one - just when we get our brides off us - here you go again- you get me in trouble all the time :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• the red part is the NRG quick connector, and I think I have the hub too, but thx for offering. If it does not work I may ask you.

Actually, my comment was misunderstood. I was asking what all was required. I watched the slingmods video and yes they are both required. Now I am just wondering how much further it will stick out with the quick release vs with just the wheel bolted to the adapter. I have short legs. Lol

Can you measure the distance from that wheel to the table or whatever it is you have it on? That would be a huge help

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• Actually, my comment was misunderstood. I was asking what all was required. I watched the slingmods video and yes they are both required. Now I am just wondering how much further it will stick out with the quick release vs with just the wheel bolted to the adapter. I have short legs. Lol

Can you measure the distance from that wheel to the table or whatever it is you have it on? That would be a huge help

I’ll take measurements before and after, the horn ring from Slingmods does not fit so I should receive from Amazon a new one. Then I can finish the install.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Finished the heated seat wiring today and got the switches for them installed in upper center area. Can't remember who it was but big Thank You to the person who brought up using a relay to power their fuse block. This fuse block is in upper corner of driver side storage behind the seat and now has the two 10amp fuses/wire - onefor each seat and I rewired my underglow to put the RF receiver up by the battery vs in cab so it's now powered off this block as well. It's a amazon cheapo LED controller, so not worried if I did have water issues and honestly think it's more protected now than it was behind the seat! Relay is up under the deck and ignore the tape, one butt connector split on just the plastic so I taped it up. Wiring is slow, but want it neat and thinking about things like if I ever take this off etc... so taking longer but will be worth it and I'm really in no rush!

• Finished the heated seat wiring today and got the switches for them installed in upper center area. Can't remember who it was but big Thank You to the person who brought up using a relay to power their fuse block. This fuse block is in upper corner of driver side storage behind the seat and now has the two 10amp fuses/wire - onefor each seat and I rewired my underglow to put the RF receiver up by the battery vs in cab so it's now powered off this block as well. It's a amazon cheapo LED controller, so not worried if I did have water issues and honestly think it's more protected now than it was behind the seat! Relay is up under the deck and ignore the tape, one butt connector split on just the plastic so I taped it up. Wiring is slow, but want it neat and thinking about things like if I ever take this off etc... so taking longer but will be worth it and I'm really in no rush!

looks good. Will that relay be readily accessible if/when it goes bad. I mounted my switches under the mode switch and The relay is behind radio. I am needing to replace it now. The contacts are worn/sticking.

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• looks good. Will that relay be readily accessible if/when it goes bad. I mounted my switches under the mode switch and The relay is behind radio. I am needing to replace it now. The contacts are worn/sticking.

Good point. Yeah there was a non-marine relay under there already for the roll bar LED lights that I put in last year w/out removing that deck. This one won't be as easy to get to.. dunno got me thinking again now!

Do relays fail often? Any difference if this is marine grade vs cheaper ones? (had that debate with myself when I ordered these)...