What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Got the gauge installed and filmed another quick video while we were making sure it worked. Man oh man do I love the way the exhaust turned out and sounds. Can't wait to get it on the street and hear all the turbo noises!

I like the sound, but will you need to trim the trim the console cover to fit? Also, how's your sight-line to the gauge? I originally had my Innovate SCG-1 AFR/Boost gauge mounted in the cubby area before I relocated the gauge underneath the dash cover between the console and the steering column using a tilting gauge mount mounted to the bottom of the dash and a little left of center so I could easily see the gauge thru the steering wheel spokes.

Original setup -

Current setup -

Better view of gauge placement under dash -

• Here's another pic of the gauge that's not the best, but can see the ring that was added to the holder to fix that line of sight issue. Your right, without it would of pointed towards passenger more based on how that line flows. It's low enough on that side panel that the top panel still fits down.

Buddy noticed the tilt issue right away and we scoured his garage for something to make a ring out of to cut one side shorter and install between gauge and pod holder to correct that line. Craftsman wetvac plastic tube, at least his had 2 1/4" - ID perfect for the ring. Cut as shown to fix that angle. Thought it was a pretty cool idea that I'd of never thought of. Not the best pic but you get the idea

• Awaiting my 1320 exhaust and header (on order). Today just removed the passinger side panel. Room in my garage is really tight but it can be done. Original plan was to wait till warmer weather for install but warmer weather is for riding! Plan is after installing the exhaust I'll move the bike to the back and turn the sling around for the supercharger install. For now I kept the bike in front just in case we have a nice day in between installation. No hurry, it's cold in South Jersey.

• Not exactly today's project, but did finally get the DDM coil overs and short shift kit installed over the weekend (Santa was good to me this year). Everyone said the coil over upgrade makes a huge difference, but didn't really believe it until I took the sling for a short test drive. Significant improvement in ride quality. Can't believe I waited this long to do that upgrade. Rear shock was easy since I removed the rear panel (only a few screws to take out) which made the job much easier. Used the scissor jack from my truck to get the rear swing arm in place and it bolted right up. Took a bit longer to finally figure out to use my foot to push the front suspension down to make enough room to get the top bolt in since the front suspension didn't drop like the rear did once the stock shocks were removed to just slide the bolt into place. Drivers side took awhile, but once I figured out how to use those extra Christmas pounds to make enough room to get the bolt holes lined up the passenger side went quickly.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• Awaiting my 1320 exhaust and header (on order). Today just removed the passinger side panel. Room in my garage is really tight but it can be done. Original plan was to wait till warmer weather for install but warmer weather is for riding! Plan is after installing the exhaust I'll move the bike to the back and turn the sling around for the supercharger install. For now I kept the bike in front just in case we have a nice day in between installation. No hurry, it's cold in South Jersey.

As a side note I've ordered a whole bunch of push pins, U style clip on nut plates and m6X1 bolts in various lengths. Most appeared to be that size attaching body panels. I hope my eyes were correct in the m6x1 bolts. My eyes aren't what they use to be measuring the bolt and thread pitch.

• The Slingshot related thing I did today is put in a bid on a house in Maggie Valley today. It is 5 minutes from the fairgrounds and is on the creek with Mountain View’s. Here is the kicker - it has a huge horseshoe driveway that can probably accommodate 20 - 25 Slingshots. If they accept I can tell you where the MV rally party house is gonna be 😬😬😬

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• The Slingshot related thing I did today is put in a bid on a house in Maggie Valley today. It is 5 minutes from the fairgrounds and is on the creek with Mountain View’s. Here is the kicker - it has a huge horseshoe driveway that can probably accommodate 20 - 25 Slingshots. If they accept I can tell you where the MV rally party house is gonna be 😬😬😬

Good luck!

What about sleeping arrangements??? And pool or free use of the creek?

• Good luck!

What about sleeping arrangements??? And pool or free use of the creek?

Actually it has a large apartment over the detached garage - 2 creeks pass thru - one in front and one in back converging at end of property. We been lookin hard and this place is perfect for a coonass that is still getting used to these houses hanging off cliffs - ITS FLAT 👍👍

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it