What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Oh shit, this went where?

no worries I got out the hammer!

cycled it several times, went for a test ride and no leaks, coolant right where it is supposed to be.
    Should’ve bought the hose clamps for the side, not happy with the zip ties! Oooooo DDM...... I need a few more things.

• Love it! and Red makes everything faster when under the hood, at least that's what I tell the wife!

Notice the green hammer? lol sometime things just need a good pounding (try explaining that to the wife....)

• DDM hood vents installed tonight. Pretty easy job and of course top notch quality. Measure 100 times, then cut.

Will take it for a test drive tomorrow to see if it stops the flappy fenders. If they still flap then it’s time for those fancy aero catch hood latches I read about. Now that I already cut the hood what’s a few more holes in it.

ACarl, or anyone who's done this mod. Think it's easier to do with hood off or on? Have hood off now and been wondering if I should do this before it goes back on or wait. Heard they can shift a bit when off but tend to go back to alignment wise once back on - so not sure if that's a factor. Appreciate the input!

• ACarl, or anyone who's done this mod. Think it's easier to do with hood off or on? Have hood off now and been wondering if I should do this before it goes back on or wait. Heard they can shift a bit when off but tend to go back to alignment wise once back on - so not sure if that's a factor. Appreciate the input!

I would suggest doing it with the hood on because it is a good height (I also had mine up on blocks due to some other work I was doing, that made it even easier) and you need access to both the bottom and top of the hood at the same time. I also have the ZZP extended range hood hinges, so if you don’t have those it may be a different experience but either way I think hood on is the way to go.

• [quote='3GunSteve','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8916-what-was-today-s-sling-project-mods-goodies/&postID=329633#post329633']

DDM hood vents installed tonight. Pretty easy job and of course top notch quality. Measure 100 times, then cut.

Will take it for a test drive tomorrow to see if it stops the flappy fenders. If they still flap then it’s time for those fancy aero catch hood latches I read about. Now that I already cut the hood what’s a few more holes in it.

ACarl, or anyone who's done this mod. Think it's easier to do with hood off or on? Have hood off now and been wondering if I should do this before it goes back on or wait. Heard they can shift a bit when off but tend to go back to alignment wise once back on - so not sure if that's a factor. Appreciate the input!

[/quote]

I had my hood off adding extended hinges, and cut it while hood upside down. My bracing on the underside didnt match up with instructions. But easy to field adapt to your hood. As for cutting I used a dremel multi max, liked having hood solid on saw horses.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• always think of the positive

I love those bags, what brand are they and are they waterproof?

Are they on a luggage rack?

Thank you - These are off my Nomad as I used them for touring. When I sold the Nomad I kept them. They are waterproof yes as they are the "fake" leather. I made brackets to fit the roll bars and to be as unseen as possible. They have a 10" x 3" strip of velcro on the bottom so they "stick on" with a very small bungie cord at the top with two small D rings. Undo the bungie and pull off - away you go. I put them on for a tour and never took them off. I am not sure but I think they are tourmaster. They are 15 years old and shine up like new to this day. They hold their shape as well empty or full. Makes a huge improvement in storage and access too.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• First of all. I'm not this smart or nowhere near this handy. I had help. More than just help. I was just the monkey that turned the screws.

The hardware has since been painted black.

The tolerances are unreal on this and it doesn't touch anywhere.

I have ran it at 100+ and it holds up really well.

To the couple that made this possible. I know you don't want to be singled out. Once again, thank you so much. I won't say who did it but their Sling is a sweet color.8o8o

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• I know who.....but it's your secret 😁

• =:00008862:

Not great but not horrible either. I assume your insurance will pay all but your deductible and you'll get your baby back. It doesn't look like much labor for the number of parts involved. Were you able to converse with Alfredo during the process? When I went through this, I gained confidence from conversing with the tech at his station after disassembly. Leaving a bottle of cough medicine for Grandma on his toolbox at the end of the deal ensured similar treatment next time.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Not great but not horrible either. I assume your insurance will pay all but your deductible and you'll get your baby back. It doesn't look like much labor for the number of parts involved. Were you able to converse with Alfredo during the process? When I went through this, I gained confidence from conversing with the tech at his station after disassembly. Leaving a bottle of cough medicine for Grandma on his toolbox at the end of the deal ensured similar treatment next time.

I ended up with the bad dealer. They claimed to build custom bikes was why I used them and it was about 250 miles from home. The story is on here somewhere.

• Not great but not horrible either. I assume your insurance will pay all but your deductible and you'll get your baby back. It doesn't look like much labor for the number of parts involved. Were you able to converse with Alfredo during the process? When I went through this, I gained confidence from conversing with the tech at his station after disassembly. Leaving a bottle of cough medicine for Grandma on his toolbox at the end of the deal ensured similar treatment next time.

It is in the hands of the insurance company now. I will see what they do. I have the additional 3K of add on's available to me if they total it but boy O boy I hope they don't! Kelly blue book says it is a retail of 13,900. I think I have about 2500 + in goodies on it as well. Not sure.

I am only speaking with the service dept so far and they could not be nicer. Fingers crossed.

Any one know what the level of a "Total" is? 50%??

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• It is in the hands of the insurance company now. I will see what they do. I have the additional 3K of add on's available to me if they total it but boy O boy I hope they don't! Kelly blue book says it is a retail of 13,900. I think I have about 2500 + in goodies on it as well. Not sure.

I am only speaking with the service dept so far and they could not be nicer. Fingers crossed.

Any one know what the level of a "Total" is? 50%??

I can't answer that but I think it can be subjective and up to the adjuster up to the FMV of the vehicle. If it is totaled, you should be able to buy it back for salvage. Before I decided to buy mine for salvage, I had arranged with the insurance company to remove and keep the mods for which I had the original pieces (windshield, header, exhaust, shocks, steering wheel, and probably a couple others). That's one reason to hang onto your OEM equipment if you have storage space.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)