What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Edward Neal ... ya think??:00008172:

My Sling is staying in the garage this weekend! Going to be a “floater” all weekend!

I think you might have a hiccup in your weather app no way are we going to be down to 98 next Wednesday - - my I phone weather shows 114 for Tuesday and 100 for Wednesday - - and the weather guy on our local news has been saying those 118's this weekend could end up being 120's

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Okay, that's really funny. Mine just dropped off the side too a couple days ago. I had it up on the plastic right about where your right knee would hit. Figured it was the heat. When I went to put it back, I could tell the adhesive on the back of the velcro was still very sticky, so I just pushed it back in place.

I figured it was the heat. We were 100+ degrees and 85% humidity - I know you're 110+ & 0%.

• Okay, that's really funny. Mine just dropped off the side too a couple days ago. I had it up on the plastic right about where your right knee would hit. Figured it was the heat. When I went to put it back, I could tell the adhesive on the back of the velcro was still very sticky, so I just pushed it back in place.

I figured it was the heat. We were 100+ degrees and 85% humidity - I know you're 110+ & 0%.

A small flat-head sheet metal screw thru the Velcro (at each corner) into the plastic underneath will ensure the Velcro stays in place and should keep things from falling off.

Drove home this afternoon with out the pedal commander installed and frankly I kind of liked it. For now I have boxed the commander back up, I'm going leave it off for now and see what I think - - may just end up not putting it back.

dont get me wrong, the commander does make a big difference and I really get a kick out of the instant response I'm just starting to think that with my slingshot being my daily driver and 90+ percent of my driving being around town the more relaxed stock setup might be more appropriate and also easier on the rear tire.

If and when I decide I may just end up paying it forward to someone who spends more of their seat time out on the open road.

• New tires, went back to some sidewall , what a difference in handling and ride . 315x35x20 and 245x40x20 . the sidewall on the fronts makes the most difference, the lower profile 25series were cool to look at and would make a great show car , but not very realistic for running hard miles . these give me 1'' larger diameter on rears which is what is needed, up to 1.5'', to keep my ecm from spitting codes. with the 315's my speedo reads about 4 mph slower at 75mph and someday I'll remember to pull those mag lites for dollying out of the front end , they're wireless and magnetic, so you would think it would be easy enough to remember lol

• Lol, no screws. I did a lot of looking at the parts diagram of a 2020 and I could not see any reason why these would not just bolt up. They bolt up using almost all factory hardware. Two bolts and two clips on inner side, 1 factory pushpin on each side, and 1 bolt and nut on lower part (I did drill the one hole in the factory bracket as our front subframe does not have this hole. On the upper outer part I have the brackets ordered but they are on factory backorder. For now it is just one zip tie slightly loose on each side. The way that outer bracket works is it slides into the hole in the gap filler and the gap filler actually moves and flexes up and down on this bracket. Hope this helps.

• New rubber. New continental sportcontact for the SLR rear.

Ok, nubie here... as far as Slingshots anyway... I thought if there is only one tire... Can-Am Spyder or Slingshot we were supposed to use a symmetrical tire... not an asymmetrical tire... because of the difference in how those tires handle moving water from the tread area.. Just curious.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Lol, no screws. I did a lot of looking at the parts diagram of a 2020 and I could not see any reason why these would not just bolt up. They bolt up using almost all factory hardware. Two bolts and two clips on inner side, 1 factory pushpin on each side, and 1 bolt and nut on lower part (I did drill the one hole in the factory bracket as our front subframe does not have this hole. On the upper outer part I have the brackets ordered but they are on factory backorder. For now it is just one zip tie slightly loose on each side. The way that outer bracket works is it slides into the hole in the gap filler and the gap filler actually moves and flexes up and down on this bracket. Hope this helps.

yes sir thank you

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Ok, nubie here... as far as Slingshots anyway... I thought if there is only one tire... Can-Am Spyder or Slingshot we were supposed to use a symmetrical tire... not an asymmetrical tire... because of the difference in how those tires handle moving water from the tread area.. Just curious.

Well billythekidd I'm not the qualified expert but have read a bit on this subject here on the forum and I'm pretty sure that the main reason for choosing a symmetrical tire is purely aesthetics for those who care. There are several people that have reported running asymmetrical tires with no negative issues or consequences. The asymmetrical tire will move water to each side differently but it does NOT create a lateral force that requires a mirror image tire on the opposite side to neutralize.

I copied this from a Goodyear site:

Asymmetrical tires are designed to enhance traction, handling, and cornering capabilities while reducing noise. These tires are often found on sport performance vehicles. The tires can rotate in either direction when mounted with the correct side facing out, as indicated on the tire sidewall.

These tires feature certain road-holding characteristics and wet traction technology in very specific areas of the tire, such as in the outer tread block. When mounted incorrectly on the inside of the tire, this tread—designed to be on the outside of the tire—proves less effective at performing its intended function.

If you think about it, both sides of the Sling rear tire can be considered outside so there would be no decrease in performance mounting it either way on the rear.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I run asymmetrical Nitto Motivos on the front and was running one on the rear until I wore it out, I am now running a symmetrical Nitto 555g2 on the rear - - - I never noticed any real difference in lateral traction from one side of the back to the other, but then again I never really drove it that hard

Now having said that with the tread on one side being different than the other I can see where sideways traction might not be the same pushing right on the tire as pushing left - - when run in pairs they offset each other when pushing right on the pair the right tire has the "outside" tread outside and when pushing left the left tire has the "outside" tread outside - - - - I could see where with a single tire that in the back that having the back slide out due to a loss of traction might happen easier going to one side than it is to the other.

Now as I said above, under normal riding conditions I never noticed any difference or had any issues - - switched to the symmetrical 555 g2 for the overall softer rubber compound and as others have said - symmetrical just looks better on the back

• Ok, nubie here... as far as Slingshots anyway... I thought if there is only one tire... Can-Am Spyder or Slingshot we were supposed to use a symmetrical tire... not an asymmetrical tire... because of the difference in how those tires handle moving water from the tread area.. Just curious.

I have run an asymmetrical tire (Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's) on the rear for over 20,000 miles. It is the best tire that you could want in the rain and it as been good to me on numerous occasions. The second one is down to the wear bars and there will be a third. I have them all the way around and will stay with them now as long as they are made. That being said, years ago I swore off Firestone's, but for this vehicle, they are my go to. Anyone who knows anything about tires will tell you that there is no reason not to use them, it's all in what the eye perceives.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Not really sure if it qualifies as a mod, but today I replaced the standard factory style paper air filter with a K&N filter. Considering the fact that I only open my hood when I am working on my slingshot added to the results Kyle D got in his NA tests Link Here I didnt see any point in going with a CAI so this seemed like a good alternative.

i-k4gc7ps-X2.jpg

i-CRkDFKR-X2.jpg

not expecting any performance gains, just happy not to have to buy any more air filters 8o