What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• I picked up the Snailax brand of seat cushions and found the same. At first turn on......nice cool breeze across the butt and back. After the cockpit heats up, it moved warm air. Definitely better than without but, not what I was hoping for.

The cure:

My wife and I have a spritz bottle with water. Just spray down the back of your shirt and see the difference. Evaporative cooling!

It also helps to get under the dash and seal the openings to the engine compartment. I haven't done it yet, but there's at least one thread or post on doing it.

• It also helps to get under the dash and seal the openings to the engine compartment. I haven't done it yet, but there's at least one thread or post on doing it.

I sealed up everything on the firewall. Perhaps it does help but, I really can't notice much.

I already put a scoop with a floor vent under the front fender. That was a huge improvement for the feet and legs. I just ordered a different kind of vent to mount on each body side near the seat recline lever. That will allow some fresher air around where those Snailax covers have the fans. Unfortunately, the vent covers I chose are a long delivery time (mid Oct), and that was Amazon.

Also on the hunt for some nice looking, quality, insulated tunnel covers.

• Installed my brackets for the wing. Got the wing installed. Installed the pedal commander, and it works as advertised.:thumbsup:. Got my front lights hooked up. and got my fender in just have to paint it and re-drill one mounting hole, since the DDM lowering springs were put on the top mounting bolt needs to be relocated, shouldn't be a big issue. also had brackets made for the fender. I know I am beating a dead horse here, but again the people on this forum are greatttttt. much thanks to MACAWS , wokka , and EjFord . These guys helped out ALOTTT with there knowledge and support and parts. Again THANKSSSS:thumbsup:

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Front Splitter and Winglets

Installed my abs splitter with winglets. 1/2" abs. Painted with Rustoleum Glossy Apple Red that is a close match to 2015 SL red. Running lights were put on in 2015. They are led from Amazon.

• I’ve been needing a new rear tire, i’m down to the wear bars. One of my Sling Group buddy had a guy stop him and asked him if he wanted some tires for His Slingshot he said no but he would ask the people in the group. He gave me the guys number I text him and after some haggling we came to a price of 200 bucks for the set. They’re supposed to be off a 2018 SLR. When I got there to check them out I was surprised these tires are like brand new Even still have the name with arrows on the center thread, score!

• I’ve been needing a new rear tire, i’m down to the wear bars. One of my Sling Group buddy had a guy stop him and asked him if he wanted some tires for His Slingshot he said no but he would ask the people in the group. He gave me the guys number I text him and after some haggling we came to a price of 200 bucks for the set. They’re supposed to be off a 2018 SLR. When I got there to check them out I was surprised these tires are like brand new Even still have the name with arrows on the center thread, score!

Not saying they didn't come off an slr but originally those are base model wheels. 17" front 18" rear. Still at $200 a killer deal regardless of where they came from. Good find:thumbsup:

That is a good deal, wish I could find deals like that. Those are base model tires I am running the rear 18'' all around on mine and have the fronts put up, not really needing them. been on the look out for some black rear wheels to run all around.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• I bought this Mustang wheel (https://www.americanmuscle.com…x105-rear-only-28344.html) which I fell looks pretty close to the stock Base wheels which have 8 pairs of twin spokes compared to the 7 on this wheel. I think if I got all three wheels painted/powder-coated to match each other they'd be close enough. When I bought that wheel in Black with a shiny trim along the outer edge, I paid $150 and have seen it on sale for as low as $100. It's currently $125. I run a 315/35ZR17 tire on it that is almost the same diameter as the stock 18" rear wheel. The wheel does have one drawback in that it's only 28mm Offset, placing the rear right edge of the wheel in the same location as the stock wheel, but the wider wheel center around 1.5" to the left of stock center. I've placed around 12K miles on that wheel/tire combo and have never experienced any handling problems. American Muscle offers the wheel in a 17x9 size with a 30mm Offset for the fronts that will place the ire around 5/8" farther out compared to the stock wheels. Since the wheels were originally designed for the Mustang, they also need 66.1mm inner diameter to 70.3mm outer diameter hub ring adapters to properly fit the wheel to the Slingshot's hub rings.

• Today's Mod was an Un-Mod - - - on my ride to work this morning all of the adhesive backed clips and the mount holding my pedal commander and its cable in place decided to fail. the cable fell down around the gas pedal and my foot so when I got here I had to unplug the commander and I threw it in the cubby behind the driver seat. - - when I installed the commander I cleaned all of the locations where I would mount things very well with alcohol but it didn't matter the extreme heat was just to much.

Anyway I will be riding home with out the commander this afternoon and who knows I might just leave it off - - - - if this had happened out on a twisty road or in traffic the way the cable came down around my foot and the gas it could have been a real problem

as a side note my fear of the heat is why I haven't mounted any of the cosmetic stick on trim things that Slingmods sells - - - this just confirms my suspicion that the heat is too much - - heck I keep my garage door opener on a Velcro on the side of the steering column and it has come unglued twice before

Oh well

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies