What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Thanks, I need to trim some off the L brackets they are just a bit long but think they will do great.

I would use blind nuts in the factory aluminum support rather than drilling completely thru and weakening the tube.

Plus it will make attaching them easier.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I would use blind nuts in the factory aluminum support rather than drilling completely thru and weakening the tube.

Plus it will make attaching them easier.

All right you had me here. I had to look. Never heard them called “blind nuts” before even though I’ve used them many times🧐

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• well received my 2020 conversion lights in yesterday from UAS. Went to put them on today and HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED. Now i knew I would have to some some minor tweaking to get them to fit but this is way to much of a gap. With the price of these it should almost fit that is just my opinion. To scared to see what the gap fillers would look like lol.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• I didn't buy the outside "lights" and I put that into quotes, because they are not head lights, they are parking and blinkers only. The only headlight on the 2020 is the one in the center.

Fitment of the center light kit was spot on.

Yes sir I know they are just running lights I have different set for my headlights. I am glad your's fit good.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• I did a thing today while awaiting my ECM’s return from a holiday in CA.

The instructions were easy to follow, except for step 2. I used the dremel multimax tool to cut the hood like butter. Took about an hour to complete solo. In the end, it looks as mean as I expected. Happy with it and wife approved. Nice work DDM team.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Can't say enough good things about TrakHamr and his customer service and attention to detail.

Back when I ordered my kit, I already had the DDM big brake kit in mind and got the front wheels done by Dave@DDMWorks, but Trakhamr didn't offer a kit by Wilwood, but they were using Stoptech I think. Anyway, Troy heard my request and built up a kit for wilwoods and I ordered last fall and installed over the winter.

One of the challenges was the change in parking brake, the wilwoods used a different setup, and Troy took the opportunity to set it up to use both wheels for the parking brake.

I ran into an issue getting the parking brake handle side to connect to the kit he was using, Troy manufactured a custom mount for the setup and sent it over to me.

I finally had time to install it and get it working right (my issue with that last part, not Trakhamr)

p6fSwlN.jpg

I pulled the cables away from my Welter exhaust and secured to the frame, to make sure they wouldn't rub or get hot.

• Well after taking a break and cooling off and going to work. Came home last night and went to the shop to work on the lights. I took everything off, blinker assembly, loosened up a bracket for the lights and installed the new running lights. Now it is a tight fit and I mean tight, just hope the fiberglass doesn't break when I hit a hard bump. I have some adjustments to do on the front bumper. Driver side has about a 1/2" gap from the lights and passenger side is against the bumper. Can't do all that until I put the hood back on and see hoe bad off they are and hopefully get them dialed in really close.

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• awesome customer service from any business will always bring me back to buy from them again. Just can't beat that at all service after the sale.

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Looks really good Joey! So... You feel confident to do mine if I were to go that route, 2W2X1?

For sure. I suspect I will be installing a handful of these once they are seen on the street. Happy to put them to use for the first time today. Taking a 250mi round trip if'n this rain would let up!!

"Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• [quote='2W2X1','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8916-what-was-today-s-sling-project-mods-goodies/&postID=315823#post315823']

I did a thing today while awaiting my ECM’s return from a holiday in CA.

The instructions were easy to follow, except for step 2. I used the dremel multimax tool to cut the hood like butter. Took about an hour to complete solo. In the end, it looks as mean as I expected. Happy with it and wife approved. Nice work DDM team.

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/109676/

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/109675/

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/109674/

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/109677/

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/109678/

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/109673/

[/quote]

Nice work, I have these vents in garage waiting for time. What blade did you use in the multimax?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• Nice work, I have these vents in garage waiting for time. What blade did you use in the multimax?

I never drilled a pilot hole. I used the half-circle for a majority of the straight cuts and modified a straight bit to do the final angle connections. Hope this helps.