What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Finished up some lites from Lite Your Slings and Zarate Steel Works. I think I have an addiction.

The addiction is real....at least for me it is and it doesn't stop with the sling. I changed every bulb on my pickup to LED including switchbacks for the front turn signals then added some strips to the inside of the trailer for the sling ( 4 five meter rolls) after that I changed all the interior lights in my camper to LED. Now I'm looking at the sling again wondering what's next. smile-squared

• Finally got around to checking the gap clearance between the top and bottom of the ZZP Angle Drive Brace and i had somehow gotten both clearances virtually spot on. The 3 thickest blades on my feeler gauge wouldn't fit, but the 2 thickest blades were close to a perfect fit for both gaps.

Going back out now after checking the torque requirements for the angle drive vent and drain bolts (10-14 ft lb) and finish the angle drive fluid replacement.

• Seems strange you are already having an issue with bearings and hopefully just a bad part and not an issue with build and others with 4-wheel conversion will experience.

I don't know if the bearing was self induced or I just got an unlucky bearing. I did remove the nut off of that axle to get to the adapter that holds on the brake caliper, when I upgraded to the big brakes, so it's very possible I induced an issue.

Also, Trakhamr puts in all new parts when they rebuild the rear-end, including the bearings.

on the bright side at least with your quad conversion the parts are something you can find at a salvage yard - - - God only knows how long you might be waiting if it were a polaris part.

its actually one of the things I like about having a Slingshot with a very common Chevy motor and not some polaris exclusive motor like the new ones have

Very true, but I am having a hard time finding that model of vette in local salvage yards, and when I say local, I'm searching just about all of NM and west TX. Found one in ABQ, but it was a pull a part type place and I had hope, but when I saw the vette, it had been stripped of about everything, so it was a wasted trip.

I've found a few online, but trying to convince them to ship it to me in a timely manner is challenging right now. Waiting on two call backs this morning.

• Chase the threads to clean them up and use the short double nuts and washers to get you on the good threaded area and use some blue LOCTITE or the LOCTITE thread sealant # 567. Get the replacement whenever you can, but this should hold you over and not have to worry about it.

• Chase the threads to clean them up and use the short double nuts and washers to get you on the good threaded area and use some blue LOCTITE or the LOCTITE thread sealant # 567. Get the replacement whenever you can, but this should hold you over and not have to worry about it.

I agree, I might be able to, and Ghost mentioned just welding it, but I'm a firm believer in doing something right the first time. If I put that spindle back on with something rigged to hold it in place, I probably wouldn't drive as aggressively on it, always wondering if something is going to fail.

I found a place in MO that is shipping me a replacement and getting it here in time. https://mirrockcorvette.com/ is working with me on it and that kind of customer service is hard to find in this day and age. Several others said that flat out, that they wouldn't spend the time to do expedited shipping.

• wokka.....find someone that can do this to the shaft and have new threads cut in it...

I never did this kind of welding before but I’ve built up many things like this with weld for the machine shop to cut down....

• Thanks for the idea, had briefly thought about it, but even my local machine shops wouldn't even help me remove the nut. Only one mechanic would even consider helping, but he had a 3 week wait on his calendar due to him being busy.

Small town, tourist area, not enough skilled labor here.

I finally found a tire shop that was willing to help me get the nut off.

Anyway, I found a salvage yard in MO this morning that is shipping me a replacement, will have it Wed afternoon.

Fortunately, this rear end is easy to work on. Parts aren't too bad, even with shipping. All in, $220 for the axle, hub/bearing piece, and including a small fee to the tire shop for their time and help.

• finally A day off to where I could repaint my roof system, got a love Krylon glossy black Lays on perfect. Also playing around with some new mirrors, A bit small, I miss the gaudiness of the factory ones. Now time for a wash and a ride!
    Pondering if there’s a way to make bracketing for the wing off the new roof system? Hmmmm...🤪

• wokka I thought they were using ford mustangs rear end/parts, why would they use the parts from a corvette which is a limited availability vehicle to begin with?

the different kits available have chosen to use different parts - Trackhamr I believe uses Vette parts - others use ford and I think one uses Nissan - - - you have to go look at each kit - bullet speed, trackhamr & Project 324

best place to check out all three is allthingsslingshot.com - - they are the only vendor that sells all of them that I know of

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• the different kits available have chosen to use different parts - Trackhamr I believe uses Vette parts - others use ford and I think one uses Nissan - - - you have to go look at each kit - bullet speed, trackhamr & Project 324

best place to check out all three is allthingsslingshot.com - - they are the only vendor that sells all of them that I know of

I just don't understand why make things difficult, there are so many mustangs, camaros and chargers out there why not use something that is easily available.

One of the reasons that make me hesitate when someone offered to sell me an Alpha quad at a very steep discount after the alpha downfall was the fact that they use C4 parts and custom tie rods which down the line would require a miracle(in my limited mechanical opinion) to obtain.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I just don't understand why make things difficult, there are so many mustangs, camaros and chargers out there why not use something that is easily available.

One of the reasons that make me hesitate when someone offered to sell me an Alpha quad at a very steep discount after the alpha downfall was the fact that they use C4 parts and custom tie rods which down the line would require a miracle(in my limited mechanical opinion) to obtain.

like I said - different kits use different parts - if this is an upgrade you are considering and are concerned about parts availability get a kit that you think uses more common parts - Bullet Speed uses Infinity / Nissan differentials, 324 uses a 5th gen Camaro differential - and TrakHamr uses a corvette rear end - - - - the choice is is yours,

As a side note I suspect all of these are easier to find used than it is to find polaris parts that are stock

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Could it be that one company wanted to go with an independent rear suspension while others wanted to use the better available rear ends in case of issues? But even if that was the reason, I never heard of major issues with Corvette rear ends anyways and they have tons more power than the Slingshot

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• The Corvette rear end is a beast. I honestly don't think I could throw enough power to it, to do any damage. I pushed over 300whp and it was probably laughing at me. I think it's nice that it's over engineered. I doubt anything would break down if regular maintenance is done. I have seen more cases of reused Slingshot parts (sensors and what not) being more of an issue than the conversion parts.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...