What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Installed or finished installing items from last weekend:

Cupholders - Yes, this is a 2019. (Don't worry, that beer was long gone before I took it for a drive.)

And got lights installed in the front with a lower chin guard. Hooked up the lights to the highbeams. They actually do a pretty decent job of filling in and widening the view for the first 100 ft, but they are not long throw.

• that is a crazy cool front lower spoiler! You are a much braver man than I! I am on my third set of tough skin decals on my spoiler as I continue to find curbs🤪

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• like the new cup holders, I saw them on UAS and was about to order me one until I realized I have 8 switches on my panel. My question is do you think the switches could be moved to the new panel, and do you like the new holder and placement of the cup holders?

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Yep, Underground Auto Styling. wokka and I got the 2 he had - I got the white one and wokka got the black one.

Love the cup holders. I can get to them now. With the 4 pt seat belts, I couldn't even get to the stock holders. He even cuts out the stock location and has a small storage cubby in place of the old cup holders.

2 things are a problem:

1. Front cup holder is in the way of the gear shift. It's right where my elbow hits so either I have to move stuff to the back holder or bend my arm awkwardly.
    2. Lots of heat comes through it now and blows into the passenger area. I'll fix that by putting some insulation in it.

Oh, and not cheap. But a lot cheaper than a 2020 for new cup holders.

• like the new cup holders, I saw them on UAS and was about to order me one until I realized I have 8 switches on my panel. My question is do you think the switches could be moved to the new panel, and do you like the new holder and placement of the cup holders?

Definitely. That front section ahead of the cup holders near the gear shift is a perfect place for switches.

• Well. Finally got the chance to wrap up most of my winter projects this week(yeah I know it's July) and get the slingshot back together. Got it cleaned up last night in time to ride out to Nashville cars and coffee with the group this morning. First ride this year. Even though it was quick trip felt good.

Anyways. I know some had seen the valve cover and speaker pods and knew bigger things were going on. As well as finishing the project of eliminating all the textured plastic and adding some accents also completed some mods over the winter since I last posted up. Got the suspension seats installed. Overflow tank and hoses. Sway bar and end links. Nut and ebrake cover... :/ I think that's it.

• More lights! Must Have More Lights!

Added the lower chin lights. These hook directly into the marker lights and act as white running lights and amber turn signals. I like the sequential side turn lights! (I had bought 2 sets before - upper and lower - but broke 1 of the wires so only installed the upper. Just bought and added the lower tonight.)

CAN YOU SEE ME NOW?!?!?!!?

And I did catch the sequential turn mid-flash.

(Don't worry about the mess in the garage. We started to have a yard sale a couple weeks ago and then the rain hit. Just had to move everything back into the garage real quick like. Will have another shot at it later this month.)

• That is so cool job well done!

You are going to come up behind someone on a back road somewhere and they’re gonna lose their minds thinking the aliens have finally landed!👽

• New ZZP performance clutch installed!

Two things first: BIG kudos to dangerdarrell and Boomer These two guys are terrific, they gave many hours of muscle, sweat, & know-how. This project was definitely beyond my skill level. I'm not saying I didn't help, but there's no question about who the mechanics were & who was the assistant socket fetcher! 8o

The second thing is, if you know you need a new clutch, PAY to have this done! This is a lousy job. It took 2-1/2 workers more than 2 full days. The design of the Slingshot requires that the entire engine be pulled to change the clutch. Because of the way the frame is welded together, the transmission cannot be dropped so the engine must move instead. This makes things very difficult indeed. dangerdarrell doesn't really cuss at all, but the way he says "Turbo" and "Polaris" you know they are his special swear words!

(The heart of the beast!)

The good news is that the new clutch is amazing! Its a 'self bleeding' system, you just have to pump the pedal about a hundred times (no, I'm NOT kidding!)

Once we had everything adjusted and tightened down, the driving experience was amazing. The clutch grabs right off the floor as soon as you release the pedal. And I mean GRAB! It's really clear how much the OEM clutch was slipping. I'm getting the full power of the engine and the turbo - its stunning 😍 I'm going to need several hundred miles just to relearn how to drive this "New Ruby".

I've put several photos in here... not for the squeamish!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• The clutch grabs right off the floor as soon as you release the pedal. And I mean GRAB! It's really clear how much the OEM clutch was slipping. I'm getting the full power of the engine and the turbo - its stunning 😍 I'm going to need several hundred miles just to relearn how to drive this "New Ruby".

Once you drive it around a little more and all of the air gets worked out the pedal will get a little higher and it'll be a little less grabby.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Once you drive it around a little more and all of the air gets worked out the pedal will get a little higher and it'll be a little less grabby.

Yeah. Darrell said as much.

I'd planned to put a hundred miles or so on today, but its raining 🌧 like crazy now.

Maybe I'll go for a run to Yellville tomorrow! :thumbsup:

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Wanna give a big shout out to Zack at tufskinz for another stellar order! Not only is it cool to get your order on time but a day early just makes your day!

I had some stick on carbon fiber tape that just kept getting faded and faded and I asked Zack if he could make me a set and needless to say he did!

Could not be happier with how this high-quality product really makes the difference!