What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• So, a couple over the weekend that I finished up tonight:

Console painted white. Lots of sanding. Sanding plastic. Twice. Filler. Sanding. Filler again. Sanding. Wet sanding. Paint. Wet Sanding. Paint. Did I mention sanding?

Then Fender Delete. Gotta rework it some.

And the reason for the Fender Delete (other than it's my favorite mod!) Stormtrooper Projection Lamp! This is on the ground right behind the front wheel. It's about 20-24" tall at this point. (That "hair" across the nose is actually a crack in my concrete.)

• After finally taking delivery of a replacement e-brake boot from Amazon, I installed my NRG e-brake handle. Unfortunately, I had to use the stock black e-brake release button instead of the shiny aluminum one that came with the NRG handle.

I also spent a good portion of the afternoon trying to find what I had done with the bolts to mount my TD Canvas Top. I thought I had placed them somewhere I wouldn't have trouble finding them and after looking in my computer room, my garage and a couple of checks in the Slingshot's glove-box, I checked the glove-box for the third time and realized I had somehow managed to overlook the plastic bag with the bolts in the glove-box!:/

• Soluga

Fantastic tire logos!

What is that white tire lettering material and where was it purchased? :)

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction

• gooseman FINALLY pulled the trigger! Really appreciate all your help on this. Ordered the Teccpo Rotary Tool kit for the install as well with extra cutting tools and heads. My new modus operandi is checking where things are made. (Teccpo is a new company with tools made in Connecticut USA. Dremel = Mexico, most of the others are China🤮)

Gunna have to take a "brave" pill before cutting the hood but the way it was dancing this last trip in some high winds made me promise myself to get this going. Also - I would like to see the gap in between the turn signal bracket and the hood minimized or eliminated. Perhaps this will do this.

Should be here by Monday so perhaps next week I will get some gumption and get it done. 8)

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• gooseman FINALLY pulled the trigger! Really appreciate all your help on this. Ordered the Teccpo Rotary Tool kit for the install as well with extra cutting tools and heads. My new modus operandi is checking where things are made. (Teccpo is a new company with tools made in Connecticut USA. Dremel = Mexico, most of the others are China🤮)

Gunna have to take a "brave" pill before cutting the hood but the way it was dancing this last trip in some high winds made me promise myself to get this going. Also - I would like to see the gap in between the turn signal bracket and the hood minimized or eliminated. Perhaps this will do this.

Should be here by Monday so perhaps next week I will get some gumption and get it done. 8)

I like those, but I could never cut my hood.

shortly after I got my 2016 I noticed that all three of the hood pads that were supposed to come on my slingshot had fallen off - you could see the dried glue left behind on the metal plates. My hood moved around way too much especially going up through the pass when the wind was kicking up - I got these from slingmods Slingshot hood pads and they really fixed the problem the hood really latches tight to the point where when I close it I have to press the hood down by the latches up near the windshield, but when its latched it doesnt move much at all even in the worst wind - from what I understand they changed the later years and switched them to adjustable rubber bumper stops, but if you have a 2015 or 2016 these pads are more than worth the $20 and I would want them even if I had the stones to cut my hood and install the latches

polaris-slingshot-red-hood-pads-installed-2.jpg

polaris-slingshot-red-hood-pads-installed.jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Edward Neal - I remember you installing these a while back.

My stock pads are still there but coming by your way last week in the storm I thought the hood looked cheesy the way it was flapping around. I want this sucker bolted down! :)

yea - The wind in the pass will really test things - - thats why all the windmills :thumbsup:

on the other hand, if you really want to get the wind out from under the hood and you dont mind cutting you could always install DDM's new hood vents DDM Hood Vents

Slingshot_hood_vent_installed_DDM-19-9-rabWML.jpg

I think they look very cool - but like I said - me no cut hood - no stones 8o

• SoCal you won't regret it. I honestly wish I never put the small push pins on. They did the job but were always a pain in the ass. Seemed to re latch sometimes when you were trying to open the hood and sometimes would unlatch for no reason and the ball would wear if you drove on un even roads all the time from the bumps and vibration. These are easy to open and easy to see what's going on zero guess if they are locked or open and when latched absolutely no movement. And they blend in good. But I didn't come up with these it was our boss man rabtech that first took the knife to his hood in experiment I am just a follower of others :thumbsup:

• SoCal you won't regret it. I honestly wish I never put the small push pins on. They did the job but were always a pain in the ass. Seemed to re latch sometimes when you were trying to open the hood and sometimes would unlatch for no reason and the ball would wear if you drove on un even roads all the time from the bumps and vibration. These are easy to open and easy to see what's going on zero guess if they are locked or open and when latched absolutely no movement. And they blend in good. But I didn't come up with these it was our boss man rabtech that first took the knife to his hood in experiment I am just a follower of others :thumbsup:

Being the first is only good in a few things in life.😜

This is going to be one of those times where I measure 16 times before I start the drill😅

• Polaris eliminated the hood bracket that hits the dash....mine was gone when I bought my SS....I was able to locate one on the shelf at my dealer. When they removed the brackets as per the recall....they threw them in the garbage....so the question is...does your hood still have that bracket....it hits the dash where the red pad is in the last picture.... the bracket is on the hood

the side pads were eliminated also and 1” round pads were installed....

• Polaris eliminated the hood bracket that hits the dash....mine was gone when I bought my SS....I was able to locate one on the shelf at my dealer. When they removed the brackets as per the recall....they threw them in the garbage....so the question is...does your hood still have that bracket....it hits the dash where the red pad is in the last picture.... the bracket is on the hood

the side pads were eliminated also and 1” round pads were installed....

yes my slingshot stills has the bracket - and as you can see it presses firmly enough into the pad when everything is latched that it has made a significant indent

as far as a it being a recall are you sure? when I pull up recalls using my VIN on the polaris site the only recalls not done that come up are the back up camera and fuse block - all other recalls are marked as having been completed and none mention these hood pads or the bracket

i-nJvNLTT-X2.jpg

i-B7nMMVm-X2.jpg

I bought the pads from slingmods back in 10/17 and all of the stock pads had were long gone - but all the brackets that involved the pads were right where they were supposed to be

i-HXtK336-X2.jpg

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I had a few of those pads near the dash disappear....the last one I installed I used two big head pop rivets to hold it there...

• Continuing with the center console I ordered the kit from TUFSKINZ and only used the center part on the passenger side to try to complete things as the Assault kit does not go there... wish it was all one piece but it is better I think. NOW it really shows off ( not in a good way ) the other wrap I put in the center but oh well... Would be cool if someone would make a COMPLETE kit for the center area with all components addressed and perhaps running pieces not partial.

Gunna keep going as this evolves, happy with it so far.

• @ed, it was a warranty problem, not an actual recall.....but you can read about it here...Sorry it took so long had a job to do today.... away from home...

https://www.slingshotforums.co…d-pad-warranty-set.10532/

I Have a 2015 don’t know what the exact issue was....But you can see the Round button bumpers on the pictures and you can look on yours to see what you have on yours.