What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• I’m jealous, but I got to stay focused 😬

Need to get to 500hp first 😰

Lol

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction

• A little overdue on this post, but in the old thread I promised I would follow up. I did finally get the Welter FSX installed. Did it fit where the Alpha went like it was supposed to? No. But I was able to make it work. This exhaust is the best all around that I've ever seen or heard! Stock sound is the tone, but deeper, a tad throatier if you will. Not loud at any point, but louder than stock by a bit from idle to redline. It gets a tad louder overall if upper RPM, but great sound from the cabin! No complaints here, and no fumes that my wife (very sensitive nose) has! Winner, and highly recommend!

The other thing I promised a follow up on. I took the Nitto 555 off the back with little tread. I hated that tire, just no grip whether forward or lateral. If you just cruise and never hit it for going forward or around curves, this could be the tire for you. It drove just OK, and rain wasn't really a problem. But if you want traction and cornering, and can work with the sizes they make, the General RS UHP (Ultra High Performance) tire is a great one! I just put a new one on (275/35-20 on stock 2019 SL rim), and tonight was my first ride in it with the Supercharger. AMAZING! It did slip in 1st, but 2nd held to the rev limiter, 3rd wasn't a problem at all! DDMWorks rates my setup at 330 HP at crank, 285 at rear wheel, and it held through the gears after 1st.... which still held very well! The Nitto I had on was a 315, on the SLR rim. I even put an older General tire that I had that had about the same wear left, and the difference was night and day. The General didn't act up like the Nitto until it was into the tread wear bars.

Have pics of the Welter, not sure how to do pics of what the General is capable of.....

• I emailed him this past Monday and got no response. So today, Thursday, I texted Kevin at noon and as of right now, no response.

I know he moved to a larger facility and combined with this Covid mess, things might get backed up. But, I’m losing patience. I paid for my order promptly and waiting 90 days and counting is frustrating.

I don’t want to be a PIA, but I may have to email and text him daily till I hear back from him.

Yeah it sucks waiting but this Covid-19 has added several layers of complexity to everything, As far as I remember kev lives in canada near the michigan border and the facility for allthingsslingshot is right across the border in michigan, so even though it might be a stone throw away from him, it might as well be 5000 times with the border being closed.

For the most part most members here have had positive experiences dealing with him and those few that had issues he took steps to make it worth their wait and hopefully that will be the case with you as well since you definitely have waited more than you should have and the communication hasn't been up to par.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• New horn to replace the wimpy stock horn

Is that the new SSO / Twist Dynamics horn?

I asked them about how loud it was and the only response I got was "We don't have that information"?? WTF?? A horn and you don't know how loud that is? That's like saying you have an engine but don't know the HP.

So, how loud is it? I would presume louder than stock, but not as loud as train horns. Possibly louder that the Wolo Bad Boy??

• Is that the new SSO / Twist Dynamics horn?

I asked them about how loud it was and the only response I got was "We don't have that information"?? WTF?? A horn and you don't know how loud that is? That's like saying you have an engine but don't know the HP.

So, how loud is it? I would presume louder than stock, but not as loud as train horns. Possibly louder that the Wolo Bad Boy??

Yep. You pretty much nailed it. Louder than stock but not typical air horn loud. Sounds about the same as most Bad Boys I've heard.

• Been busy since we got our 18 SLR a few weeks ago. Wolo horn, fuze block, pedals ( my back is still sore), chasing halos and underbody lighting, optima battery, and some 12v ventilated seat cushions. Still have a big list! lol. Thanks to the guys & gals here...and I've apparently decided to put Slingmods Chris' kids through college.

• Been busy since we got our 18 SLR a few weeks ago. Wolo horn, fuze block, pedals ( my back is still sore), chasing halos and underbody lighting, optima battery, and some 12v ventilated seat cushions. Still have a big list! lol. Thanks to the guys & gals here...and I've apparently decided to put Slingmods Chris' kids through college.

Pictures or...

• CHIEFP

The orange and black scheme looks great!

The lights and wheel lugs are a fantastic match!

Are those heated seats, what manufacturer?

Mine current seat covers shorted out after a couple months...

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

• Thanks. Wish the lights had more orange color options.

Got the cushions from Amazon. They definitely help with the sweaty butt/back, but haven't tested at 110 yet. Went with them as they have heat too (not tried). Fit very well. Got an adapter so I can run both and keep glove box socket free.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…tle_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…tle_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• not much of a "mod" but I got my new rubber installed today :thumbsup:

i-ZQFbSmC-X2.jpg

Actually the best thing about this is that the little tire shop around the corner from me has managed to stay up and running and in business through all of this virus crap - - love that I can just call and ask if he is busy and then run over and have it done in just a few minutes. I like it much better than dealing with the bigger places :P

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• not much of a "mod" but I got my new rubber installed today :thumbsup:

i-ZQFbSmC-X2.jpg

Actually the best thing about this is that the little tire shop around the corner from me has managed to stay up and running and in business through all of this virus crap - - love that I can just call and ask if he is busy and then run over and have it done in just a few minutes. I like it much better than dealing with the bigger places :P

Nice tread pattern, but what is it? Do you have a side pic?

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Looks like a Nitto 555. Spin on demand with the hard rubber compound

not to be picky, but its a Nitto 555 G2 - - some places still sell the older 555 and reviews say they are very different - - also Nitto has a 555 R and a 555 RII - - -so knowing what comes after the 555 is important

and yes as summer tires go the 555 G2 is not the softest compound out there by a long shot, but it is much softer than the Nitto Motivo that I replaced 8o

• Nice tread pattern, but what is it? Do you have a side pic?

Nitto 555 G2 Summer Ultra High Performance

Top 10 High Performance Summer Tires

and very affordable at $144 for my 255 /35ZR 20

i-CxqvsRX-X2.jpg

Edited 2 times, last by Edward Neal: add requested side pic ().

• not to be picky, but its a Nitto 555 G2 - - some places still sell the older 555 and reviews say they are very different - - also Nitto has a 555 R and a 555 RII - - -so knowing what comes after the 555 is important

and yes as summer tires go the 555 G2 is not the softest compound out there by a long shot, but it is much softer than the Nitto Motivo that I replaced 8o

I know, I have one (Nitto 555 G2) that I was forced into buying because I was out of town. But I will never buy another one. It will probably go with Sling I when I sell it, if I have not thrown it away before then. Only has a couple thousand miles on it.

• Capped the EVAP intake manifold port.

Hid the EVAP solenoid.

Welded some custom flag holders