What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• The wheel is 15x10 +45 and the tire is 26/10/R15 The rear caliper was modified to fit the 15" wheel. The Sling is owned by ZZP but it's my platform development car. It currently runs on a blend of E98 and 110 but I can run pump E85 when I'm out and about. I only get about 80-100 miles out of a tank if I am cruising down the highway at 70-80mph. If its mostly in town driving I get about 70mi out of a tank. However I am switching to a Haltech and got the FlexFuel sensor so I can travel longer distances now when friends go out and if we get into an area with no E85 I won't have any issues. No more traveling with a 5gal jug of E85 in shotgun. LOL

That’s beautiful! Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase “blew the doors off of it”!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• New PRP seats came today!

Install wasn't as easy as the 5-minute video from Slingmods indicated, but no surprises there. 1st issue was that the 4 bolts holding the seatback on were poorly made - had to retap threads on all 4.

Once that was done and the extra vinyl cut away from the bolt holes with an X-acto, things went more smoothly. Got the seat base out okay.

Total install time for first seat, 2-1/2 hours. Really looks good, comfortable, more room! Tweed fabric will be wonderful in both warm & cool weather (much better than vinyl!)

I did spring for the heated seats; they came with a wiring harness, but absolutely no instructions! I'm going to have to get a little help from my friends on this one! =O

First seat 💺 looks great... gonna tackle the passenger side tomorrow!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Yeah I've come to determine that you don't work on your own slingshot on a regular basis without owning a tap and die set... no matter how hard I've tried the last few years I've fixed or replaced quite a few polaris bolts and screws.

• Doc&Ruby , did you the seat out with the base attached? I changed both original seats to PRPs in about two hours. Hardest one was the passenger side and the ridiculous Polaris 16mm bolt on that side. You should have called me Bro. :00000436:

I'll plan on coming up to see you!

Kind of wanted to tackle this on my own... humbling and exilerating at the same time!

• looks fantastic. Seats are on my mod list after suspension.

• We went keyless.

I almost always left my key in the ignition every time I got out of it. All my vehicles are keyless so having a key was a pain in the butt for me.

Pretty easy to install, plug and play for the most part and zip tying all the wiring. I’m pretty annal about looking like factory install but with the help of my bride (Swee), we got it done.

• We went keyless.

I almost always left my key in the ignition every time I got out of it. All my vehicles are keyless so having a key was a pain in the butt for me.

Pretty easy to install, plug and play for the most part and zip tying all the wiring. I’m pretty annal about looking like factory install but with the help of my bride (Swee), we got it done.

I wondered if I was the only one that walked away from my Sling and left the key in the ignition. I've never done that with any other car I've ever owned, but with the Slingshot, I do it a lot. Maybe I should go keyless, too... lol

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Been waiting since February for a roof from Allthingsslingshot.com . Was hoping to have it on by the middle of May but that seems unlikely now.

In all fairness, Kevin has kept me informed about the delays. Last I heard, two weeks ago, just waiting for powdercoating then it will ship.

This stupid Covid thing is slowing everything Bikerdiver erdiver

Bikerdiver,

Ouch! Don't envy your position with your overdue order. I had ordered a top in the beginning of Dec'19 withbhim and was promised 2 weeks for shipping (this long before any C19).

Kev with Allthingsslingshot is a great guy. Though, I could tell something was up. Way too much lack of communication. Toward the end of January (long before any C19). Ended up disputing my Paypal payment to get a refund. Glad I went another route for my top. Out of fairness. Kev did do a great job with my DDM Rotrex SC order last Summer. Hope he gets his operation up and running smooth because he is a good guy.

Webby

• I wondered if I was the only one that walked away from my Sling and left the key in the ignition. I've never done that with any other car I've ever owned, but with the Slingshot, I do it a lot. Maybe I should go keyless, too... lol

i have done it a few times as i leave the key in it at home and at work. I took the wife for supper one time and we were walking back to the sling after a few hrs and i am reaching in my pocket for the keys and i cant find them then panic set in, did i loose them? Nope still in the ignition. I am bad for that but luckily no one has driven away yet

• I emailed him this past Monday and got no response. So today, Thursday, I texted Kevin at noon and as of right now, no response.

I know he moved to a larger facility and combined with this Covid mess, things might get backed up. But, I’m losing patience. I paid for my order promptly and waiting 90 days and counting is frustrating.

I don’t want to be a PIA, but I may have to email and text him daily till I hear back from him.

• I emailed him this past Monday and got no response. So today, Thursday, I texted Kevin at noon and as of right now, no response.

I know he moved to a larger facility and combined with this Covid mess, things might get backed up. But, I’m losing patience. I paid for my order promptly and waiting 90 days and counting is frustrating.

I don’t want to be a PIA, but I may have to email and text him daily till I hear back from him.

I’ve dealt with Kevin a few years ago on a slingshot hauler.....it took him longer than expected to get it shipped to me....for my “pain” He refunded some of the price to me....he’s a square shooter ...I can understand the frustration.....if there wasn’t a good reason I’m sure you would have your Item already.... just my input....from experience..if I’m not mistaken isn’t the border between Canada and the US closed at this time? He could be facing Import/export issues....the item could be stuck in customs or something...

• Finally got seat project finished (Thanks dangerdarrell) Took us about 2-1/2 hours for the passenger seat. PRP's quality control seems to have slipped. Seat base was *curved* - it would not fit on the seat frame so we had to attach one end, then use wood clamps to bend the base so we could get the thing bolted up.

Once we did that and defeated the notorious 16mm right angle bolt, it went fairly smooth.

Final results look great! Now all I have to do is figure out how to hook up the seat heaters before October!

• Finally got seat project finished (Thanks dangerdarrell) Took us about 2-1/2 hours for the passenger seat. PRP's quality control seems to have slipped. Seat base was *curved* - it would not fit on the seat frame so we had to attach one end, then use wood clamps to bend the base so we could get the thing bolted up.

Once we did that and defeated the notorious 16mm right angle bolt, it went fairly smooth.

Final results look great! Now all I have to do is figure out how to hook up the seat heaters before October!

Instead of clamping I just used longer bolts to pull into place then replaced them one at a time with the proper ones. Seat heater are easy to wire if you can get underneath to work. I changed my switches over the winter so I have rotary knobs now. Off to high or anywhere in between. Before high was to hot and low just wasn't quite enough so now I have the goldilocks setup (just right)