What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Installed the pinion brace today. It went on like a charm.

The only thing Kyle D didn't mention in the instructions was the potential to lose a few drops of differential fluid during the process, but no harm, no foul... 😉

We were unable to eliminate the gap completely, but made sure it was equal on both the top and bottom and all of the bolts are nice and tight. In the end, I took it for a spin around the block and left the cup holders out. Everything was pretty quiet and felt smooth. All in all, I would chock up another successful mod. Thanks, Kyle. Oh, and the coil cover looks great, too... 😊

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• where did you get the pinion brace

You can find them here https://zzperformance.com/coll…lingshot-pinion-brace-kit I should have more ready in about 2 weeks. I can't seem to make them fast enough. My last run of 46 sold out in 1 day. Not a bad problem to have I guess.

You may have 1-2 threads still showing once it is tightened down. As long as the gap on the top and bottom are even, you're good to go. I have also updated the instructions to warn people of the potential of losing a few drops of gear oil as well.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• You can find them here https://zzperformance.com/coll…lingshot-pinion-brace-kit I should have more ready in about 2 weeks. I can't seem to make them fast enough. My last run of 46 sold out in 1 day. Not a bad problem to have I guess.

You may have 1-2 threads still showing once it is tightened down. As long as the gap on the top and bottom are even, you're good to go. I have also updated the instructions to warn people of the potential of losing a few drops of gear oil as well.

You should have a quote on the website about the possibility of this install making the rear quieter than new!!! Seriously I have confirmed 5 slings report a quieter rear end due to the brace.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Thanks for the info. I may do that when I switch out the E Brake Handle

As you can see this area right here was the most challenging. Should you try this perhaps put a little extra adhesive on the plastic piece and a hairdryer or a very low heat gun to help the material stretch little bit more. That is why I said 90%

I am happy enough with it to keep it though🙂

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• As you can see this area right here was the most challenging. Should you try this perhaps put a little extra adhesive on the plastic piece and a hairdryer or a very low heat gun to help the material stretch little bit more. That is why I said 90%

I am happy enough with it to keep it though🙂

So happy to see the carbon fiber lines flow in the same direction... When I see those that don't... nerd-squared

• Got a new Forgestar D5 Beadlock wheel in today along with a Micky Thompson Pro Bracket Radial tire. Can’t wait to test them out at the strip this weekend as long as the temps warm up enough.

ZZPerformance, Go Fast Not Broke
    EST 2000

• Kyle D

Hell yeah Buddy!!

What is the tire dimensions?

Is that your E85 slingshot?

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction

• Added the Thermal R&D front exit exhaust. Makes a good sound with my 1320 header and cat delete pipe plus my Sling lost 2 1/2 pounds and that ugly ass stock tub is gone. Sorry the scale pics posted upside down but that's 15.2# stock and 12.7 Thermal.

• Kyle D

Hell yeah Buddy!!

What is the tire dimensions?

Is that your E85 slingshot?

The wheel is 15x10 +45 and the tire is 26/10/R15 The rear caliper was modified to fit the 15" wheel. The Sling is owned by ZZP but it's my platform development car. It currently runs on a blend of E98 and 110 but I can run pump E85 when I'm out and about. I only get about 80-100 miles out of a tank if I am cruising down the highway at 70-80mph. If its mostly in town driving I get about 70mi out of a tank. However I am switching to a Haltech and got the FlexFuel sensor so I can travel longer distances now when friends go out and if we get into an area with no E85 I won't have any issues. No more traveling with a 5gal jug of E85 in shotgun. LOL

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Been waiting since February for a roof from Allthingsslingshot.com . Was hoping to have it on by the middle of May but that seems unlikely now.

In all fairness, Kevin has kept me informed about the delays. Last I heard, two weeks ago, just waiting for powdercoating then it will ship.

This stupid Covid thing is slowing everything down!

• Kyle D

Great looking ride!

And thank you for the details!

Yeah, I was trying to put in a 15" rear Weld wheel when I noticed the caliper was an issue. Eventually decided to do the 4 wheel conversion... Let us know how the traction works out.

Thank you again for photos and details. :)

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction