What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Little dress up with the Assault center trim and tufskinz center carbon fiber glossy dome insert.

Always thought Assault missed the mark by not having the rear portion by the passenger seat. So, made one and think it finishes the set off nicely.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Finally got my floor mats installed today. Ordered them Christmas time, but adhesive for velcro needs 70 degrees or better, so had to wait.

Thought about using a heat gun on the floor panels, heck, what could go wrong with that? =O

Anyway, glad I waited, they look great!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Little dress up with the Assault center trim and tufskinz center carbon fiber glossy dome insert.

I love the domed CF look very nice - there are actually a few of these types of things I have seen on slingmods that I like, but I am very concerned as to how well they would hold up with my Slingshot being parked out in our summer sun every day at work - - it is very hard on things actually dried out and cracked the rubber magnet covers on my Mob Armor phone mount - just not sure how secure things held on with adhesive will be.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Always thought Assault missed the mark by not having the rear portion by the passenger seat. So, made one and think it finishes the set off nicely.

Totally agree! Even to the point of contacting them prior and asking if it was in the works. Their reply speaks for itself I believe. Seeing where the tool stops on each cutout gets my OCD and I don’t have OCD...

WraithSS your solution is a nice one. I am considering putting the partial Tufskinz carbon fiber matching kit in this area perhaps to balance out with the center piece. Still scratching my head on this one.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I love the domed CF look very nice - there are actually a few of these types of things I have seen on slingmods that I like, but I am very concerned as to how well they would hold up with my Slingshot being parked out in our summer sun every day at work - - it is very hard on things actually dried out and cracked the rubber magnet covers on my Mob Armor phone mount - just not sure how secure things held on with adhesive will be.

Giant Sams club beach towel??

• Giant Sams club beach towel??

Na - sun would kill that too. Seriously I have been amazed at the things my wife and I have owned over the years down here that are billed and sold as being for the outdoors that dont even survive a single summer - - - we even had a covered outdoor swing I got my wife for her 50th B-Day that was not cheap that the shade cover on didnt even survive to her next B-day

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Na - sun would kill that too. Seriously I have been amazed at the things my wife and I have owned over the years down here that are billed and sold as being for the outdoors that dont even survive a single summer - - - we even had a covered outdoor swing I got my wife for her 50th B-Day that was not cheap that the shade cover on didnt even survive to her next B-day

I have to get new chair covers for the upstairs deck EVERY year! Sun can be brutal!

• I did a search and didn't see anything on this. If its a duplicate I apologize. Just retired, planning on an extended road trip, and wanted convenient USB charging for our devices. Found this on Amazon, combo dual quick charge port AND voltmeter, all marine grade.

This was pretty simple install, at least for me. I already had the fuze block installed under the hood. I ran wires along firewall and into radio cavity. Drilled 1 1/8" hole which was just a hair undersized. 5 minutes with a sanding wheel on the dremel and it fit perfect. Since voltmeter is full time display, I hooked this into the switched side of fuse block to avoid parasitic battery drain. It comes with wire and a 10A fuse, but I ran fresh wire as their wire was too short, and I could fuse into my Fuze block accessory panel.

Been using a week and it works great. Fast charges phone, and now I have a voltmeter display. For charging convenience, I installed below the multi-function push button on the center console (easier for wife to plug in). I had run USB cables from glove box to windshield mount for GoPro and Ipod, that was hard to charge phones.

Anyway this was a quick, inexpensive way to get extra charging ports. Only problem I see is the waterproof dust cover plugs the USB ports when closed, so no charging in the rain. Wouldn't likely have phone out anyway if its raining that hard.

Here is link to Amazon item

Yonhan voltmeter marine USB charging port

Pictures or it didn't happen

• Should have known better, broke a rule, didn't post a pic. Then again, it was dark when I got home with it.

opf8EuM.jpg

That would come in handy for wrench day participation. Think of how many tools you could drag down and STILL bring your sling. Nice.

I might be interested in a flat bed trailer if it hauls a sling and even better if it will haul 2! Let’s chat.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Finally got my floor mats installed today. Ordered them Christmas time, but adhesive for velcro needs 70 degrees or better, so had to wait.

Thought about using a heat gun on the floor panels, heck, what could go wrong with that? =O

Anyway, glad I waited, they look great!

Doc&Ruby is that a scratch on side of console?.??????!!!!!
    where did you get them?

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Doc&Ruby is that a scratch on side of console?.??????!!!!!
    where did you get them?

Dang Boomer

You kinda freaked me out! Had to go out to the garage and check - it isn't a scratch, just a linty thread from the cleaning cloth! (whew!)

The mats came from Slingmods, bit the company is actually Lloyd Mats, Lloydmats.com - but as far as I can tell, they don't offer the Slingshot mats on their company website. Pity, because they have lots of cool fabric choices, sewn in logos, etc.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• That would come in handy for wrench day participation. Think of how many tools you could drag down and STILL bring your sling. Nice.

I might be interested in a flat bed trailer if it hauls a sling and even better if it will haul 2! Let’s chat.

Sadly it won't fit even one sling, it's a 7x16' standard type trailer. 76" between the rails. not a tilt trailer or anything. I had originally bought it for my big zero turn mower and general needs back before slingshots were thought of.

• Sadly it won't fit even one sling, it's a 7x16' standard type trailer. 76" between the rails. not a tilt trailer or anything. I had originally bought it for my big zero turn mower and general needs back before slingshots were thought of.

can you back the sling in. Might just have enough space? Worth a try!

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Sadly it won't fit even one sling, it's a 7x16' standard type trailer. 76" between the rails. not a tilt trailer or anything. I had originally bought it for my big zero turn mower and general needs back before slingshots were thought of.

7 x 16 Slingshot will fit... my flat bed is a 7 x 14 with a 6ft tail gate.

OEM wheels and tires sizes and have 1.5 in on each side... snug. but fits