What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• I've ran the twisties on the Toyo T1R as well as the R888R. The T1R is a street tire and the R888R is a track tire but they both did a great job in the mountains.

Thanks for the info. The T1R is what I plan to try next.

• Hey gang, long time no see! I’ve been reading up on posts, but wanted to share some mods I’ve been doing and weight in on the coolant. I just converted all my lines over and my tank to the ones sold by DDM Works. The tank had split right on the seam. Luckily my amazing wife had ordered all this stuff for me and I just hadn’t had any free time to put it on. I used this opportunity to flush all the dex cool out of the system and fill it with Peak Final Charge. I will say imho there is a noticeable difference on how hot the sling runs. This coolant is usually used on over road trucks but is used for any severe engine condition both gas and diesel. It’s guaranteed 8 years or 1,000,000 miles. I had considered the waterless coolant but thought if I ever had a roadside emergency this would be easier to get my hands on. Our local farm and fleet sells it for $14 per gallon. Overall I am very pleased with the result. I changed all the fluids to Amsoil products and added the ZZP rear pinion brace. A must have for any sling!!!!

For my next addition I would like to add a Fab Factory intake manifold but since they’re no longer being made... I’m hoping to pick one up used!

Any who, I hope to change the sway bar, links and mounts yet this week also should the weather hold out :00008698:

• The Kenda that came on the sling made it to 9,000, the Motivo on the back now has about 16,000 - - I highly suspect the 555 G2 will fall some place between the 2

I do have to add that my sling was the dealer demo so I suspect the Kenda might have been abused a bit before I got it -

Also I looked at a bunch of online reviews and the 555 G2 gets really good reviews one even said best in class and almost every option that rates better also cost a great deal more - the one option that was recommended that actually cost less almost $30 less in this case, the Riken Raptor ZR gets pretty good reviews but everyone I found after they said it performed well they all followed with the line "for the price" - - that didnt thrill me, when they have to add that it seems like they are saying it wouldn't be that great if it cost more

I have the Riken Raptor mounted on Sling I and the Nitto 555 on Sling II right now and the difference is night and day difference in the traction, with the Ripken being the best. My first stock Kenda was changed at 16,000 miles and could have had at least another 6,000 miles on it but summer time and Maggie Valley were coming so I changed it out. I have not changed the stock Kenda from Sling II yet with around 16,000 miles on it and two track days, it is done for I am going to put the Nexon back on that one for a mounted spare. All my back tire's right now are new and I still have two spares. Sling I has Riken Raptor ZR's all around right now for this summer's riding. The other two set's of fronts are still the stock Kenda's.

• Thanks for the info. The T1R is what I plan to try next.

I loved the T1R when I used those.

Hey gang, long time no see! I’ve been reading up on posts, but wanted to share some mods I’ve been doing and weight in on the coolant. I just converted all my lines over and my tank to the ones sold by DDM Works. The tank had split right on the seam. Luckily my amazing wife had ordered all this stuff for me and I just hadn’t had any free time to put it on. I used this opportunity to flush all the dex cool out of the system and fill it with Peak Final Charge. I will say imho there is a noticeable difference on how hot the sling runs. This coolant is usually used on over road trucks but is used for any severe engine condition both gas and diesel. It’s guaranteed 8 years or 1,000,000 miles. I had considered the waterless coolant but thought if I ever had a roadside emergency this would be easier to get my hands on. Our local farm and fleet sells it for $14 per gallon. Overall I am very pleased with the result. I changed all the fluids to Amsoil products and added the ZZP rear pinion brace. A must have for any sling!!!!

For my next addition I would like to add a Fab Factory intake manifold but since they’re no longer being made... I’m hoping to pick one up used!

Any who, I hope to change the sway bar, links and mounts yet this week also should the weather hold out :00008698:

PierceArrow Thanks for the order! I think MACAWS may have one of those intakes laying around for sale. However, I believe he said he also made LESS power with it.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Hey gang, long time no see! I’ve been reading up on posts, but wanted to share some mods I’ve been doing and weight in on the coolant. I just converted all my lines over and my tank to the ones sold by DDM Works. The tank had split right on the seam. Luckily my amazing wife had ordered all this stuff for me and I just hadn’t had any free time to put it on. I used this opportunity to flush all the dex cool out of the system and fill it with Peak Final Charge. I will say imho there is a noticeable difference on how hot the sling runs. This coolant is usually used on over road trucks but is used for any severe engine condition both gas and diesel. It’s guaranteed 8 years or 1,000,000 miles. I had considered the waterless coolant but thought if I ever had a roadside emergency this would be easier to get my hands on. Our local farm and fleet sells it for $14 per gallon. Overall I am very pleased with the result. I changed all the fluids to Amsoil products and added the ZZP rear pinion brace. A must have for any sling!!!!

I just happen to have a used Fab Factory Intake

PM me if you are interested

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

The engine bay is coming along nicely, looking good!

As for the intake manifold, if you do add that you will have to make a custom intake as the Alpha one you have now will not bolt up to it, just want to make sure you knew that before swapping it out with the stock manifold.

Also, as Kyle mentioned, we have dynoed a couple Slingshots and on boosted applications atleast, the 2 aftermarket intake manifolds (HAHN and Fab Factory) do not make as much power as the stock intake manifold.

Hope that helps,

Dave

• I've ran the twisties on the Toyo T1R as well as the R888R. The T1R is a street tire and the R888R is a track tire but they both did a great job in the mountains.

Not just to you Ghost, but has anyone tried out the Toyo Extensa HP II tire? It's listed as an all season and performance tire. It's pretty inexpensive compared to their higher end tires.

• I have the Riken Raptor mounted on Sling I and the Nitto 555 on Sling II right now and the difference is night and day difference in the traction, with the Ripken being the best. My first stock Kenda was changed at 16,000 miles and could have had at least another 6,000 miles on it but summer time and Maggie Valley were coming so I changed it out. I have not changed the stock Kenda from Sling II yet with around 16,000 miles on it and two track days, it is done for I am going to put the Nexon back on that one for a mounted spare. All my back tire's right now are new and I still have two spares. Sling I has Riken Raptor ZR's all around right now for this summer's riding. The other two set's of fronts are still the stock Kenda's.

okay - you have said this before if not for you I wouldnt even have known of the Riken - so anyway I would like to ask you what weather are you comparing in - - are you running at temps below 70? From what I have found in my searches summer tire performance and traction can drop off below 70 with some being effected more than others - I have found multiple sites that say at 45 degrees or lower summer tires should be removed and stored to keep them from being damaged

when I switched from the Kenda to the Motivo I found the motivo an all season tire with very hard rubber held in the corners much better than the kenda - - -couldn't even touch the gas in a corner without the kenda kicking out - - its why I find your praise of it so interesting - - I could not get rid of it fast enough

But as I have stated before our driving/weather conditions are probably very very different and I literally drive my sling every week day and on city streets

anyway just curious - so very many people seem to really like the 555 G2 in hours of searching cant find a single bad review - and even on here many seem to run it and really like it - - you are the only person I have heard say bad things about it - - you are also the only one who really seems to like the Kendas

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I am one of the few that push the limits of the tires and not the only one on here that talks bad about the Nitto tire. This will be the last time that I bring this up. I also ride from around 45 to 105 degrees. There is also another on here that pushes the limits and it got him this past winter. A summer tire in low temps, I think it was around 25 degrees. His word the tire was as hard as a brick and chipped out like a brick. Long story short, he lost it in a turn flipped and went off the road and got hurt bad. Just remember that my statements come from pushing the limits of the tires and the Slingshot. NUFF SAID

• I am one of the few that push the limits of the tires and not the only one on here that talks bad about the Nitto tire. This will be the last time that I bring this up. I also ride from around 45 to 105 degrees. There is also another on here that pushes the limits and it got him this past winter. A summer tire in low temps, I think it was around 25 degrees. His word the tire was as hard as a brick and chipped out like a brick. Long story short, he lost it in a turn flipped and went off the road and got hurt bad. Just remember that my statements come from pushing the limits of the tires and the Slingshot. NUFF SAID

Thank you - sounds like we drive very differently and in very different conditions - I do very much appreciate your input

As to the "hard as a brick and chipped like a brick" - - that is pretty much what I read - - and the advice was to NEVER use a summer tire below 45 degrees it will damage them and they are unsafe

As a side note - on my drive into the office just now at 6:30 AM it is already 80 degrees =O

Anyway thanks again

:thumbsup:

Edit to add this without adding a new post - - another thing I like about Nitto tires is that they are owned by Toyo Tire holdings of America and made in Georgia - - - - - these days I like the idea of supporting american workers

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I was thinking about getting some Hoosier 325/45R18 for when my DF 4 Wheel Kit comes in.

What you guys think about that?! ^^

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction

• I little bit of sheet metal is all she gets. Keeps my fingers out of places they don't belong. :)

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

• Dave@DDMWorks  wokka  Kyle D  FunCycle  Edward Neal  SoCal  MACAWS  Bigdog  BKL

My scooter used to have 710 hp (peak 1,246 hp for about 1 second) from a hybrid system I rigged up with a competition drag racing electric motor. LOL

Thought you guys might get a kick out it!

I made a special coupler to engage the electric motor into the belt drive weight reduction holes.

• Okay - you have way too much time on your hands - - - but thats very cool - - - does it actually run?

• I hope I get to meet you next time I am in Texas, looks like you are enjoying the heck out of that thing and having a lot of fun :)

• When I changed out my fuel pump assembly I made a tool to remove the cap ring. Found it on the bench cleaning up the shop today. Polaris makes a special tool to remove the cap ring, it's down in a hole and you can't get anything on it to break it loose. Youll want something like this if you remove the assembly.