What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• it’s very well documented that the GM dex cool Orange antifreeze eats gasket material....since they introduced it. Intake and head gaskets.....That includes The seam of our plastic overflow tank..... mixing green with orange makes the mixture even more corrosive.....

But GM will not acknowledge that issue.....so they just keep using it...and gaskets continue to fail....you can Google search the topic for all the proof you need...

• Only if you're going to paint/wrap it white! If you're going to go, go all-in!!

Actually, if money were no option, I'd have my Sling painted battleship-gray, with black accents, and the number "70" on both sides of the tail fin. How many of you can guess what that is?

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• ...and now it eats sonic welded plastic.

Anybody here that doesn't know what Bigdog thinks of Dex Cool Orange Anti-freeze???

It might even be the reason some people are making aluminum tanks...

it’s a conspiracy theory I just made up...At least GM thinks it’s a conspiracy

Search this........GM dex cool issues....watch the videos and read about the settlement...I have 3 vehicles right now ...2 had the lower intake gaskets replaced and 1 needs it right now....the gaskets are plastic....our tank is plastic.....the seam is plastic...read about why the orange is bad and why it’s bad to mix the green and orange......educate yourself...

• FunCycle  Bigdog

I did some research after your Dex-cool posts.

I ran the Green coolant for a few months, then switched to orange Dex-cool compatible. Looks like I'll be doing a 3rd coolant change soon, to pure Dex-cool. :00008862:

I appreciate yalls wisdom and support.

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction

• FunCycle  Bigdog

I did some research after your Dex-cool posts.

I ran the Green coolant for a few months, then switched to orange Dex-cool compatible. Looks like I'll be doing a 3rd coolant change soon, to pure Dex-cool. :00008862:

I appreciate yalls wisdom and support.

All that I can speak to, is what happened to me. I do not mix anymore.

• FunCycle

I never mixed fluids. Between the previous 2 coolant changes, I flushed the system for about 15 minutes with water.

Is 100% Orielly's Dex-cool Compatibable bad for my system?

I noticed you mentioned mixing fluids a couple times in these posts, and I wanted to be clear I never mixed any fluids.

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction

• FunCycle

I never mixed fluids. Between the previous 2 coolant changes, I flushed the system for about 15 minutes with water.

Is 100% Orielly's Dex-cool Compatibable bad for my system?

I noticed you mentioned mixing fluids a couple times in these posts, and I wanted to be clear I never mixed any fluids.

The way that I looked at it was, it was either Dex-Cool or nothing. Nothing that had Dex-Cool compatical even on it.

• From the owners manual :

Always use POLARIS SLINGSHOT 50/50 Antifreeze or another DEX-COOL®- approved 50/50 premixed antifreeze for your vehicle. DO NOT use POLARIS Antifreeze 50/50 Premix.

As long as it is DEX-COOL approved, you are good.

Dave@DDMWorks  Kyle D You two see a lot of slings, any input? Ever seen bad gaskets due to coolant?

• Just a gommed up system because of mixing different products.

• Quick question; I have some lithium grease in my grease gun. Is this ok for lubing the drive shaft universal joint?

Or is there some super duper multi color SS grease that has to be used??

Thanks for the replies :)

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Quick question; I have some lithium grease in my grease gun. Is this ok for lubing the drive shaft universal joint?

I'm not sure, so checked the owners manual and the service manual both, it doesn't mention it at all. In fact, neither of them mention greasing the u-joint at all, in either document.

The service manual does have a few entries for grease inventory for the dealers, but I found no reference to using any specific ones.

I use Super Lube synthetic grease for both my U-Joint and the sway bar - - and it does have a multi color label

Super Lube

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• finally got the pedal commander in, took it around the block wow what a difference, I can hear the air getting sucked in when I Tap on The throttle. getting cleaned up and taking a little ride to test it out. I will need to learn how to work my foot again on the throttle, lol.

• finally got the pedal commander in, took it around the block wow what a difference, I can hear the air getting sucked in when I Tap on The throttle. getting cleaned up and taking a little ride to test it out. I will need to learn how to work my foot again on the throttle, lol.

interesting mounting location - I like it :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies