What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Nice work sir!

Good to see you posting again - we missed ya!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Last year on my way to PA., the trailer hitch pin made a hole in my rear fender. The pic is a close up of the 5/8" hole.

It's an easy fix to patch, but I went another route. I made the hole a little bigger. This pic show the cut out and trim being attached.

Next, I started to shape the screen to fit.

Once happy with the look, I test fit it. Next is to get some resin and attach.

• Dean you are very talented. It is great seeing you back in the forum. Hope all is well with you and yours.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Alrighty. Did not get a chance to weigh the scooter today, but changed the fluid to Dex-cool as recommended by you guys. Thanks you for the advise.

wokka I checked the plastic reservoir temp on the exhaust side. It was surprisingly cool. I’ll upgrade to the aluminum after dumbing money into the traction department.

So the Polaris distributors will replace this assembly free of charge? Looks like I’ll be heading there next weekend. LOL 🤦‍♂️

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction

• Do you see what I am talking about? Dex-Cool Compatible NOT DEX-COOL. This is what screwed up my cooling system on my car.:cursing: Also use distilled water to mix. It is kind of like mixing brands of oil in your engine when you need to add some oil. NOT GOOD UNLESS YOU ARE PLANNING TO TRADE YOUR CAR OR TRUCK EVERY 3 or 4 YEARS. My first job was doing oil changes back in 1964 to1966, don't believe me try changing oil for a few months at an oil change place. Back during that time the high priced stuff was shit, Exxon Uniflow (ESSO)and any Quaker State were the worse. OH! I forgot Motor Craft (FORD) At that time Texaco Haveline was the best out there. I can tell you a good story about Haveline oil. The moral of the story is use DEX-COOL only

• FunCycle originally I put in green non dex-cool. Today I put in orange/pink dex-cool compatible. Did I use the wrong stuff again? ;(

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

• My sincere apologies for my misunderstand.
    Are you saying do not use autozone or orielly dex-cool? And that any other dex-cool is acceptable? See the list of dex-cools below.

FunCycle Again my apologies. :)

• My sincere apologies for my misunderstand.
    Are you saying do not use autozone or orielly dex-cool? And that any other dex-cool is acceptable? See the list of dex-cools below.

FunCycle Again my apologies. :)

I said not to use Dex-Cool compatible products. Which means Dex-Cool only. Everyone probably makes Dex-Cool. But not one size fits all. :/

• Shit. I was an inch away from grabbing the Prestone, when the orielleys caught my eye... 🤦‍♂️

Does the DDM built motor come with a water pump? Lol

Might run this junk for a couple more months...

• That sounds like a good maintenance plan. What pads did you replace the stock pads with? How do they feel?

I use the Hawk 5.0 pads , I bought mine from amazon but DDM sells the same for almost the same as amazon and no need to cut the tags off.

For the brake fluid I use the Brembo brake fluit since i use it for all my vehicles and always been happy with it.

My brakes are solid with no fade even under what I would consider hard braking during my normal driving, don't know how they would hold at the track but for twisties driving they are perfect.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I use the Hawk 5.0 pads , I bought mine from amazon but DDM sells the same for almost the same as amazon and no need to cut the tags off.

For the brake fluid I use the Brembo brake fluit since i use it for all my vehicles and always been happy with it.

My brakes are solid with no fade even under what I would consider hard braking during my normal driving, don't know how they would hold at the track but for twisties driving they are perfect.

Track time and the twisties are good even with the stock rotors and I have never had a problem with either of them. There were some in 2015 and 2016 in Maggie Valley that said they were heating up the brakes, most as to what I was seeing were dragging the brakes all of the time even when they did not need to even be using the brakes. Some even went to a big brake kit, the problem was the driver most of the time.

• Shit. I was an inch away from grabbing the Prestone, when the orielleys caught my eye... 🤦‍♂️

Does the DDM built motor come with a water pump? Lol

Might run this junk for a couple more months...

I know you didn't ask for my input, but here it is anyways. When you change your engine to a built one, that's a GREAT time to upgrade the coolant. Evans waterless coolant is the best to use. BUT it has to be used without any water or other antifreezes. it requires a complete cooling system drain and flushing and air blown dry. But it will prevent any overheating or steam buildup in the cooling system. it's not cheap, but if you're going all out on a great engine, what's an extra few hundred dollars to protect it. I'm sure Dave can chime in and do the change-over for you if you decide to go that route

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• In reply to a few post back....

i run the 50/50 green prestone mix and a quart of liquid ice.

But i dont know if you can put the green in with the factory coolant. I started from totaly empty.

I have temporarily ran pure water before when we are at the airstrip. They get kinda pissy when you spew slick green coolant on the nice runway.

• rabtech Did you tune the ECU for different peak boost pressure for different transmission gears? I’m thinking of trying this out, when I get the Haltech...