What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Funinthesun really! Do they explode?
    Because I don’t have a hood or dash for protection

=O=O=O

Like wokka said they just crack at the seem. This is usually because of heat off the exhaust. But, with yours being wide open I don't think you'll have an issue.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Funinthesun  wokka  WraithSS thanks for the heads up guys!!

Speaking of heat, Today I drove home from work, turned off the motor, and grabbed the radiator outlet pipe with my hand. It was pretty close to ambient air temp! I was a little shocked...

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction

• Funinthesun  wokka  WraithSS thanks for the heads up guys!!

Speaking of heat, Today I drove home from work, turned off the motor, and grabbed the radiator outlet pipe with my hand. It was pretty close to ambient air temp! I was a little shocked...

Next time, feel of your water surge tank, it's right above and behind your turbo, so it may be a bit hotter. Heat and age just cause problems, and the DDM tank looks really good vs the plastic one.

• wokka Good idea ☝️ I’ll check the tank temp tomorrow 🤔

Also got to see if I can swing by a scrap yard to weigh this beast!

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

• Like wokka and WraithSS said, they just crack. Either at a seam or the lower nipple breaks off due to the tension of the attached hose. Either way, a metal tank looks a LOT neater and is a lot safer and eliminates a long walk home when the oe one breaks on a long weekend ride in the mountains with no cell phone service

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I just noticed that you still have to stock coolant tank. You might want to upgrade it to the one that DDM sells. The original plastic tanks from Polaris have a history of failures at the worst possible time

Oh, great! Something else I didn't know I had to worry about... lol

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• I might be alright with the external stress...

I’ll check the coolant tank heat after next ride...

• I do have the master cylinder brace on my list of possible things, but frankly I have never felt as if my breaks were bad - - Of all of the mods I have done the only one I probably do differently would be the Sport Top - - its a great top, but I just dont use it enough. Patrick's more portable option the quick shade would be my choice today if I were to do it again

brakes is one of those thing that you don't want to wait until you need them, mine have always been fine but just hearing other slings had issues(back in the early days there were a lot of issues with some) was enough for me to add the MC brace ,change the pads and flush the fluid yearly.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• brakes is one of those thing that you don't want to wait until you need them, mine have always been fine but just hearing other slings had issues(back in the early days there were a lot of issues with some) was enough for me to add the MC brace ,change the pads and flush the fluid yearly.

That sounds like a good maintenance plan. What pads did you replace the stock pads with? How do they feel?

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Those two bolt brackets holding the tank is what I an talking about. On the 2015 they are too close together for the tank holes. I have not checked the 2016 Sling yet.

This made me so curious, I had to go out and check... lol I believe mine are good to go, but then again, my Sling only has a few miles on it. What I'm curious about though, is why your coolant is green and mine is red? Any idea what's in mine and what are you running in yours?

• This made me so curious, I had to go out and check... lol I believe mine are good to go, but then again, my Sling only has a few miles on it. What I'm curious about though, is why your coolant is green and mine is red? Any idea what's in mine and what are you running in yours?

You cannot tell the difference by looking unless you are trying to install a new tank. As to the anti freeze color it could be a different brand, but the Prestone Dex-Cool is red. One off those oil change places messed up my cooling system by mixing some of that any thing/kind will work/mix. From then own I use only Dex-Cool. If you do not have the right stuff DO NOT add anything to my coolant system. Dex-Cool is what you use in your cooling system if anything or any part is aluminum. Enough Said :huh:?(:)

• This made me so curious, I had to go out and check... lol I believe mine are good to go, but then again, my Sling only has a few miles on it. What I'm curious about though, is why your coolant is green and mine is red? Any idea what's in mine and what are you running in yours?

His is probably not ripe yet and yours is :)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Hi guys, I know it's been a while, hope all is well. Added a couple goodies on the sling. A little CF on the mirrors.

A little CF inside panel. This was a pain in the butt. None of the holes lined up. Could be just mine. I have 1 of the first slings built so quality wasn't the best and screw hole could have been off. Once I egged the holes out, it was fine.

The last thing I added was the lower insert on the side. Again, holes did not line up but after I egged them out, it was fine.