What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Pictures or it didn't happen;)

I love driving those sidekicks at night after and install, so much fun lighting up the road behind you :thumbsup:

Dave,

Glad I finally ditched the Alpha Variable exhaust. Even at the wide open setting the supercharger didn't feel like it was pulling as hard as it is now.

I'll try and get a video if I can. Difficult to find someone that can video the exhaust and keep up. Maybe I can figure out a way to mount the GoPro on the back somewhere......🤔

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Put this 8” exhaust tip on the Turbo last week... LOL

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction

• I'm curious how loud it is? I ran the DDM shorty exhaust on my turbo for a couple of weeks, it was quite loud, very drony on the highways at speed, but it did perform well and sounded good.

GF couldn't take it though, and I just like the looks of the welter setup out the rear.

• I'm curious how loud it is? I ran the DDM shorty exhaust on my turbo for a couple of weeks, it was quite loud, very drony on the highways at speed, but it did perform well and sounded good.

GF couldn't take it though, and I just like the looks of the welter setup out the rear.

Welter FTW bro

• wokka This is it before the 8” tip. I cut the old tip off and welded to the 5.5” outer diameter. No chatter, but you can feel the bass in your bones. LOL

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

• Not Everybody

pretty close - - - just checked the reviews on Slingmods just to see:

57 people have posted reviews - of that 57

54 five star reviews,

Two 4 star reviews, one of which seems to be in french and from what I can get out of it seems to have had instillation problems The other 4 star says it is one of the best mods he has done but he doesn't like that the led's are hard to see

One 2 star review - the person that gave it 2 only says "wife was not convinced" in his written comments

So for whatever its worth people seem to really like it - and its one of the few items I have ever seen with 57 reviews that doesnt seem to have any that are truly negative

When it comes to mods, the mod I think is the most comparable would be the short shift kit - - these are both mods that probably will not actually show up in measurable performance gains, but they both can enhance the driving experience more in a "feel" kind of way that people for the most part think is worth the money.

I love mine and even if it doesnt actually increase power it does make me feel more confident knowing that when I need to react quickly the throttle will also - - JMO

Edit - also just to add, if you set it to high it can be really touchy and if you want to get it to the maximum you are comfortable with it will take some time to get your foot adjusted to dealing with it - - I personally suggest people find a starting point and drive with it for some time then as you get adjusted move it up in one + setting at a time. do this over time and when you get to where you feel you are on that edge where it might be just there, back it down one click - -

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I just finished a custom tail pipe on my SC'd Quad SS going from my race exhausts standard OEM exhaust exit point (front left tire) to the rear.

Loved the sound, but much louder than the wife approved of inside the cockpit. Also, since adding my convertible roof. Been wanting to make sure the exhaust fumes stay behind me/us.

Had a local custom exhaust place mandrel bend a long tailpipe to exit the rear. I added a powdered coated exhaust tip (just for the look).

Was worried it might get too quiet. Not the case. Still plenty of bark, just not as crazy loud.

Very happy with the results.

WW

• No, Still to touchy for the way I drive. I would add the brake master cylinder to that list as to the first things to add to the Sling. But then for those that just ride around town you will never know the difference

I do have the master cylinder brace on my list of possible things, but frankly I have never felt as if my breaks were bad - - Of all of the mods I have done the only one I probably do differently would be the Sport Top - - its a great top, but I just dont use it enough. Patrick's more portable option the quick shade would be my choice today if I were to do it again

• wickedwebby Holy smokes! Look at those drive shafts for CVs! Are your half-shafts larger than your drive-shaft?

P.S. Looks great! :)

• I do have the master cylinder brace on my list of possible things, but frankly I have never felt as if my breaks were bad - - Of all of the mods I have done the only one I probably do differently would be the Sport Top - - its a great top, but I just dont use it enough. Patrick's more portable option the quick shade would be my choice today if I were to do it again

I have the UP Top (United Performance) one of the very first ones that were shipped out. I like the looks of it better than any other top out there. The reason that I even went with a top was SKIN CANCER. I have been cut-burnt-froze and electrocuted since 1982 and basically 2 face lifts to get ride of the cancers. My hands are white with scar tissue from all the years on motorcycles. If you really used your brakes hard as I do when I use them you would really notice the difference with the brace.:thumbsup:

• Looks great bud, are you worried about speed bumps?

wickedwebby Holy smokes! Look at those drive shafts for CVs! Are your half-shafts larger than your drive-shaft?

Thats the trakhamr with the c4 corvette rear end. I haven't measured them, but they do look about the same size as the drive shaft, maybe a hair bigger.

• I have the UP Top (United Performance) one of the very first ones that were shipped out. I like the looks of it better than any other top out there. The reason that I even went with a top was SKIN CANCER. I have been cut-burnt-froze and electrocuted since 1982 and basically 2 face lifts to get ride of the cancers. My hands are white with scar tissue from all the years on motorcycles. If you really used your brakes hard as I do when I use them you would really notice the difference with the brace.:thumbsup:

I can appreciate your desire for a top, its very understandable, but it still not for me, I wear white long sleeve moisture wicking shirts to protect my arms when riding on the really hot summer days but thats more to keep me cool than anything else - - despite a rather fair complexion I have never had any skin cancer issues - at 65 last year was the first time I ever went to a skin Dr had a white spot on my forehead he said it was nothing, but burnt it off just as a precaution. He also checked me front & back top to bottom and that I was in good shape he didnt find anything that worried him. I have never been one to avoid the sun or to even wear hats, but I also have never intentionally gone out to tan - heck my father used to lay out every day all summer oiled up with baby oil and even up until his death in his 80's I never knew him to have any skin issues that were cancer so perhaps I just got the right genes

• I can appreciate your desire for a top, its very understandable, but it still not for me, I wear white long sleeve moisture wicking shirts to protect my arms when riding on the really hot summer days but thats more to keep me cool than anything else - - despite a rather fair complexion I have never had any skin cancer issues - at 65 last year was the first time I ever went to a skin Dr had a white spot on my forehead he said it was nothing, but burnt it off just as a precaution. He also checked me front & back top to bottom and that I was in good shape he didnt find anything that worried him. I have never been one to avoid the sun or to even wear hats, but I also have never intentionally gone out to tan - heck my father used to lay out every day all summer oiled up with baby oil and even up until his death in his 80's I never knew him to have any skin issues that were cancer so perhaps I just got the right genes

I never laid out to tan either but only wore shorts unless I was going into town for my first 30 years or so. I had a friend that never had any either until he turned 65 and then his hands ,arms and face were eat up with cancer. Good Luck with that.

• wickedwebby Holy smokes! Look at those drive shafts for CVs! Are your half-shafts larger than your drive-shaft?

Thanks Airborne,

Yes, as Wokka said. Trackhamr Corvette rear end. Drive shafts are stout!!! Troy custom made my transmission to rear-end full drive shaft because he was between vendors. That is not as large in diameter as the halves but super solid (very HD).

Wokka,

Thanks. Haven't had any scraping yet. My driveway has a pretty steep angle curb ramp. Haven't heard or felt it touch down yet (been listening). Though, I am always turning up/down vs straight on.

I did previously have an angle cut straight silencer tail pipe on the bottom of my muffler (where the mandrel bend attaches now) and I took that off because I could hear it scrape (🤞🤞). I am going to measure my clearance just cuz I am curious. I will report back.

Ed and Funcycle,

As far as tops go. To each there own on style and brand I suppose. I like the solid build of the Bullet speed design Vback roof. Like the look with the convertible canvass on. Not crazy about the roll cage look with the canvas removed.

Thanks all,

Webby

• Reverse centrifugal fan ram air intake (RCFRAI)

3rd intake box I made for the sling. Thought you guys might get a laugh out of this one! Lol

• Funinthesun really! Do they explode?
    Because I don’t have a hood or dash for protection

=O=O=O