What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Here is what I used when I went cross country to see Troy. I was really impressed with the sound. Communication over bluetooth was phenomenal. My wife said she couldn't tell I was on the road.

https://www.cardosystems.com/shop/packtalk-bold/

I have a different version of that same system but we have had so many problems making it work correctly. I am sure it is because I am tech challenged. Fortunately we do not use full helmets much. We just learned to ignore each other and use hand signals

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Several have mentioned headsets w/intercom. We have the Lightspeed Zulu 3's attached to a Sigtronics intercom. There are connections on the intercom to allow transmitting over a radio for vehicle to vehicle communications if desired. You can connect to them via blue tooth individually. We have been very satisfied with our set up. The headsets are light and comfortable enough for all day wear. They are ANR (active noise reducing) so the wind and exhaust noise goes away while allowing the sound from the stereo to come through. As some here know I have an extremely loud exhaust. With the headsets it's no problem at all but without them I would hate to go on a long trip. Communicating with the headsets is just like talking while sitting still with the engine off, you no longer have to scream at each other to communicate any time you get over 100mph. LOL The lightspeeds are not the most expensive headsets you can get but dollar for dollar they are a good product. They have a 7 year warranty and pilots all over the world depend on them.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• they don't make it easy getting the passenger side seat out, do they?

I'm doing an anti social distancing mod to my sling. (the social distance thing has been perfect for me. now when I actively avoid people I'm being a civic minded, model citizen, not some antisocial jerk.)

since in the almost a year I've owned it I have had exactly 1 passenger. But I regularly carry over $7,000 of photography gear with me. I'm going to replace the seat with a lockable metal box that will be bolted down in the spots the seat was. this way when I leave the vehicle with just a camera and 1 lens. everything else will be locked up tight.

now I just have to find the right box.

• Send some nice pictures of Maine. Bar Harbor was a favorite vacation spot years ago!

• Several have mentioned headsets w/intercom. We have the Lightspeed Zulu 3's attached to a Sigtronics intercom. There are connections on the intercom to allow transmitting over a radio for vehicle to vehicle communications if desired. You can connect to them via blue tooth individually. We have been very satisfied with our set up. The headsets are light and comfortable enough for all day wear. They are ANR (active noise reducing) so the wind and exhaust noise goes away while allowing the sound from the stereo to come through. As some here know I have an extremely loud exhaust. With the headsets it's no problem at all but without them I would hate to go on a long trip. Communicating with the headsets is just like talking while sitting still with the engine off, you no longer have to scream at each other to communicate any time you get over 100mph. LOL The lightspeeds are not the most expensive headsets you can get but dollar for dollar they are a good product. They have a 7 year warranty and pilots all over the world depend on them.

Where can we get some?

cost?

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• look great, but headphones when driving are illegal here in California and something like these that would be easily seen and noticed would surly be asking for a ticket

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• look great, but headphones when driving are illegal here in California and something like these that would be easily seen and noticed would surly be asking for a ticket

I understand there are some states that have some really stupid laws. It would take all of 10 seconds (if they were inclined to learn) to show them that these headsets actually allow you to hear outside sounds better by blocking the droning sound of the exhaust. As I mentioned I have an EXTREMELY loud exhaust and it is impossible to hear the stereo while going down the road without having the headsets on. The stereo is not tapped into the headsets but the noise canceling of the headsets allows you to hear the stereo as well as other sounds like cars coming up by you ect. You can definitely hear as much or more with these headsets on as you can with a full face helmet on and I bet they don't have a problem with that.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I understand there are some states that have some really stupid laws. It would take all of 10 seconds (if they were inclined to learn) to show them that these headsets actually allow you to hear outside sounds better by blocking the droning sound of the exhaust. As I mentioned I have an EXTREMELY loud exhaust and it is impossible to hear the stereo while going down the road without having the headsets on. The stereo is not tapped into the headsets but the noise canceling of the headsets allows you to hear the stereo as well as other sounds like cars coming up by you ect. You can definitely hear as much or more with these headsets on as you can with a full face helmet on and I bet they don't have a problem with that.

around here with our higher temperatures I am the one that has a problem with a full face helmet - I have a Bell Vortex for when its cold enough (which is only Part of December and January) and it even has pockets in it to accommodate a headset, but most of the time I use a 1/2 helmet which gets in the way of any true headphones anyway - and yes in California wearing a helmet is still required in the slingshot - another stupid law if you ask me, but even if it were not the law I would still want one - I like the added protection from road debris and bugs and such - little double bubble windshields dont provide much if any protection

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Got tired of the fuel light being on do to a bad sending unit. Two hours removing the roll hoops and body panels, the roll hoops do not like to be removed. Old pump out and drained the tank. New pump in and turned the key, low fuel light. Unhappy for a moment until I remembered that I drained the tank. Filled it up and it works. Only took an hour to put it back together after some cleaning.