What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Nice work Marco ;)

• MiM Hey Marco...that looks fantastic! You deffinitely have a awesome looking ride sir!

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• That's awesome! I did the same thing in a Toyota FJ Cruiser I had a few years ago. Tablets...especially with a 4G/5G connection gives you a ton of flexibility.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• VERY nice! Perhaps I missed it but can you tell me what tablet you used and, if you have used it in the sun, how is the picture? Can you see it?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Finally had time to install the 2020 gap fillers I got from UAS. The guys at UAS were very responsive to my calls today and told me everything I need to know about the install. They look great and I really like the switchback feature on the lights.

MISC

Really like the looks of those 2020 gap fillers. They look really good on your Slingshot. How was the fit and finish of the gap fillers? Once installed, do they fit secure? Was it difficult hooking up the switchback lights?

• MISC

Really like the looks of those 2020 gap fillers. They look really good on your Slingshot. How was the fit and finish of the gap fillers? Once installed, do they fit secure? Was it difficult hooking up the switchback lights?

The finish was excellent. The fit is great IF your front spoiler is in good shape. My drivers side fit perfectly. 2 sided tape on bottom and radiator side along with 3 screws that tap into back side of spoiler on bottom. Top is free floating by design. There is an included brace that mounts under the parking light and runs down behind filler slightly to give it some back bracing but is not attacked to the filler. Passenger side was a little more work because I hit a gator tail at about 80 mph one night so it was slightly bent. You can adjust with a crow bar stuck into the top or bottom brace tubes if needed if the traditional adjustment brackets don't do the trick. The key is dry fitting until you feel you have it close. Doesn't hurt to have an extra set of hands when you still the screws in because the fit is precise. These are made of fiberglass and look great. UAS customer service was top notch. They even taped over the "vents"and left them black for me when painting. The lights are not included but they sell them so they were already attached when I got mine. The wiring for the lights is really light gauge. Maybe 22. So light in fact my quick splices wouldnt work with them so I just had to crimp them. I would recommend the kit that Slingmods sells that would require no splicing. The wires are black is ground. Green is constant 12V or white light and blue is blinker lead. Hope this helps.

• VERY nice! Perhaps I missed it but can you tell me what tablet you used and, if you have used it in the sun, how is the picture? Can you see it?

Thank you!

I used an old LG g pad 7.0 I had bought a couple of years ago for this purpose but never got around to doing it. Thank you stay at home orders!

I did take it out and while it is not super bright in the sun, I was able to see it just fine for what I needed. The Sosche mount with little shade helped a bit and because it sits a bit further back.

• I understand, I've said that too... ruined a radio when I got caught in it. I now have protection for it, and keep a rainsuit in the sling...

If I didn't ride or road trip for every time it might rain, it'd stay in the garage as much as...

Never mind, you understand :)

Yes, mine stays in garage a lot, but not because of rain... Because of daddy duty and school drop off and pick up. Drop off 1 in the mornings and pick up 2 in the afternoons. I've gotten a bit more seat time now since school's been closed... 😉

And I have 3 car seats in my twin turbo daily driver sedan! You and Chris had a ride in that... She's got great pick up and let's the rear loose just fine... 😎

This is one I've been wanting (saving) to get some upgrades for... Some downpipes, heat exchanger, fuel pump and tune... Oh boy!

• New audio gear for Ruby - but not the conventional kind!

This is a helmet com system, but you put the transducer on your helmet, and the entire shell acts as the speaker 🔊

The system allows you to chat with your partner via Bluetooth, listen to music 🎶 or take phone calls 📞

Nice box contains transducer with 2 helmet mounts, microphone with mount, usb-C cable for charging. Cost about $350 for 2 units.

Took forever to get here 🙄, note in box mentions supply problems b/c of Covid-19 messing with the supply chain. 😒

I will be installing & posting a complete review in the next few days. 📫

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Looking forward to the review, I've been using Sena's for years and while they have improved marginally over those years, I'm wanting something ground breaking.

I realize we have a lot of noise in our cockpit, and it's a challenge, but still, I want a perfect conversation :)

• Looking forward to the review, I've been using Sena's for years and while they have improved marginally over those years, I'm wanting something ground breaking.

I realize we have a lot of noise in our cockpit, and it's a challenge, but still, I want a perfect conversation :)

Here is what I used when I went cross country to see Troy. I was really impressed with the sound. Communication over bluetooth was phenomenal. My wife said she couldn't tell I was on the road.

https://www.cardosystems.com/shop/packtalk-bold/

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• except for winter its too hot here for me to deal with a full or even a 3/4 helmet - I use the smallest lightest 1/2 helmet I could find - - leaving my ears fully exposed

considering this I think listening to high quality music just isnt possible at high speed and talking requires yelling - - only kind of system that might work would be a bluetooth earbud setup - and in California its against the law unless you only use 1 ear - - which would kill any quality music

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies