What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• That rear one can be tricky, you will need some help more than likely with that top bolt. The nut is welded to the frame, so don't force it loose (ahem Painter and SlingRider )

There is an access hole from the storage bay behind the passenger seat. Use a short extension and 15mm socket.

putting the new one back in can be challenging, to line it up and get the bolt started. If you have small arms (or know someone who you can bribe), you can put your arm up in the hole along with the shock and put it in that way.

• That rear one can be tricky, you will need some help more than likely with that top bolt. The nut is welded to the frame, so don't force it loose (ahem Painter and SlingRider )

There is an access hole from the storage bay behind the passenger seat. Use a short extension and 15mm socket.

putting the new one back in can be challenging, to line it up and get the bolt started. If you have small arms (or know someone who you can bribe), you can put your arm up in the hole along with the shock and put it in that way.

I just took my time and dropped the back panel down - it was very easy and no extra hands were needed 8o

i-8D9Bmd5-X2.jpg

i-2JfF6T2-X2.jpg

i-MLD9r3W-X2.jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Cold, gloomy, snow flurries today, but the UPS man & Bill from Hahn RaceCraft made me feel a little bit more like spring today, LoL!

Gotta warm up a bit before I try to mount these bad boys!

Weather should be warm enough to try this on Friday. Hoping I will be able to clean & shine Ruby's rear end (#Black_Plastic) and install the red rear protector plate at the same time!

Will take photos of the process, including any bloody knuckles acquired along the way! 😁

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Those are purdy!

I think shocks may be next on my to do list. Mine just has the saddle bags in the way so hoping I can still access everything and change them out without having to remove those.

Looking forward to seeing you post back after you get them on and how much of a difference they make:thumbsup:

• But if you're doing the rear protector plate, you gotta loosen it to drill for 2 hole without drilling into the fuel tank. Pic above shows how close that tank is to the rear. Might as well make it easy for both jobs.

chavey2 , I did my protection plate and my wife’s without removing the panel. Just remove the wheel and tape the drill bit so it will only go in about 3/16”. I believe that’s how deep I drilled. If not enough you can see at that point and drill slightly more. Also, like FunCycle , I loosened the right side of the panel when I installed rear shocks. My wife’s 15 was easier than my 17 for some reason.

• Lots of neat things can be done to these great machines..... Get lots of seat time in before going to crazy with the mods.... JEALOUS = $$$,$$$.$$ real fast.

Thanks Ej, I know the feeling. It's easy to get wrapped up in all the videos you see on YouTube of customized Slingshots, but I have learned to take deep breaths, remain calm, and exercise fiscal responsibility... Just kidding, my wife took my credit card away from me... lol 🤣

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Thanks Ej, I know the feeling. It's easy to get wrapped up in all the videos you see on YouTube of customized Slingshots, but I have learned to take deep breaths, remain calm, and exercise fiscal responsibility... Just kidding, my wife took my credit card away from me... lol 🤣

EjFord dont mind Ej he is a party pooper! Go and spend it :00008040:its very easy to do but in all seriousness EJ is right. Look at others that have done things and get some ideas from others and buy when you feel right. Many have bought mods and removed them soon after as it wasnt all they thought. Shocks are a good upgrade for sure

• Thanks Ej, I know the feeling. It's easy to get wrapped up in all the videos you see on YouTube of customized Slingshots, but I have learned to take deep breaths, remain calm, and exercise fiscal responsibility... Just kidding, my wife took my credit card away from me... lol 🤣

We know some wives who got the mod bug for the Slingshot and than they bought there own...don't we dangerdarrell.

• EjFord dont mind Ej he is a party pooper! Go and spend it :00008040:its very easy to do but in all seriousness EJ is right. Look at others that have done things and get some ideas from others and buy when you feel right. Many have bought mods and removed them soon after as it wasnt all they thought. Shocks are a good upgrade for sure

They say you shouldn't do anything to a new house until you've lived in it for a year. I believe the same can be said for my Slingshot. I'll drive it for some time before I begin upgrading anything. So far, the only things on my list are what I believe are functional upgrades, speaking only for myself of course. When the stock tires are bald, I'll likely replace them with something a little taller and softer. If the stock shocks ever go bad, they'll be upgraded with fully adjustable. I just ordered a vented hood insert because I believe it's important to keep that motor as cool as I can and a more free-flowing air filter is in the works so it can breathe. Other than that, the caliper covers are the only thing I've bought that I probably didn't need, I just thought they looked cool as hell... lol 😊

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Upper 20's and 4 in snow today.... May get some more 'lake effect' on Thur. Had the Slingshot out last Saturday for a while --- 'Sunny & 50°--- nice ride. --

I couldn't help but notice in many of the threads I've read that some members ride their Slingshots and others drive them... I drive mine 😊