What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Its not a true mod, but it does qualify as a goody

finally shelled out the cash to get a photochromic / transitions type face shield for my cold weather helmet - - I have been putting it off every season because of the cost, but I finally got tired of constantly changing face shields to deal with sun one way to work and darkness the other

this morning it was great riding into the sun on my way in, got nice and dark - - brought it inside and in lightened right back up just like it should - - - Its going to be nice not to have to decide which shield to put on before I leave the house and to not have to deal with the compromise of not having the right shield when conditions change on the road

i-nKg3BMg-X2.jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• That is a really nice feature. When I read your post it reminded me that I have a busted windscreen on my Bell Pit Boss helmet so I decided to call them and order a new one. They asked how long I had it and I told them about 2 years, and they replaced it free of charge. She said something about a 4 year warranty even though their website clearly states 1 year, and recommends replacing every 3 years. It's nice to get good customer service every once in a while. Two thumbs up to Bell!:thumbup::thumbup:

The photochromic screen is not an option for my helmet.:(

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• That is a really nice feature. When I read your post it reminded me that I have a busted windscreen on my Bell Pit Boss helmet so I decided to call them and order a new one. They asked how long I had it and I told them about 2 years, and they replaced it free of charge. She said something about a 4 year warranty even though their website clearly states 1 year, and recommends replacing every 3 years. It's nice to get good customer service every once in a while. Two thumbs up to Bell!:thumbup::thumbup:

The photochromic screen is not an option for my helmet.:(

it shouldn't have been a option for me either, but I got such a great deal on the Vortex helmet that when I looked at the price of the photochromatic shield and it was just as much as the helmet it was hard to swallow - - - oh well at least I have it now and considering the fact I only use this helmet for less than 1/2 the year it should last a very long time

• But they don't work if you wear a helmet. Visor screens out UV so your glasses don't transition.

good point - hadnt thought of this, but then again I dont have any transitions glasses

In the summer when I use my small 1/2 helmet I dont deal with the short daylight hours like I will in the next few months

• Uh, raise visor, let glasses darken, lower visor - they stay dark...

seems to me like they are not working correctly if they stay dark - - without UV they are supposed to lighten

• https://www.foxnews.com/us/flamethrower-nyc-bus-fires

Okay, Kyle D  Dave@DDMWorks I'm calling on you two - mod developers challenge!

I want one of these (two, actually)...

Rear firing (for tail gaiters. Especially those bastards who pull RIGHT up behind you when you're stopped on a hill waiting for the light to change!)

Front firing twins, converging at 30 meters... for deer! Venison stew - not crushed bodywork!

Its ON gentlemen! I wanna see prototypes STAT!

(Oh yeah, let's keep the price under $200. No need for a lotta chrome, touchscreen controls and stuff like that!) Trust me, you're gonna sell heaps o' these!

This is gonna make you rich!

PS: You're welcome. 😘

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Just SLIGHTLY above your pricing requirements but we could slap a few of these on and activate them with a push button from the cockpit.

https://xproducts.com/product/xm42-flamethrower

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke