What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• They say you shouldn't do anything to a new house until you've lived in it for a year. I believe the same can be said for my Slingshot. I'll drive it for some time before I begin upgrading anything. So far, the only things on my list are what I believe are functional upgrades, speaking only for myself of course. When the stock tires are bald, I'll likely replace them with something a little taller and softer. If the stock shocks ever go bad, they'll be upgraded with fully adjustable. I just ordered a vented hood insert because I believe it's important to keep that motor as cool as I can and a more free-flowing air filter is in the works so it can breathe. Other than that, the caliper covers are the only thing I've bought that I probably didn't need, I just thought they looked cool as hell... lol 😊

Yeah I made the mistake of looking at slingmods on a regular basis before I actually bought the slingshot...||:rolleyes::whistling:

• They say you shouldn't do anything to a new house until you've lived in it for a year. I believe the same can be said for my Slingshot. I'll drive it for some time before I begin upgrading anything. So far, the only things on my list are what I believe are functional upgrades, speaking only for myself of course. When the stock tires are bald, I'll likely replace them with something a little taller and softer. If the stock shocks ever go bad, they'll be upgraded with fully adjustable. I just ordered a vented hood insert because I believe it's important to keep that motor as cool as I can and a more free-flowing air filter is in the works so it can breathe. Other than that, the caliper covers are the only thing I've bought that I probably didn't need, I just thought they looked cool as hell... lol 😊

ya i changed the vent on my hood recently to let the turbo breath some:00008040:

• ya i changed the vent on my hood recently to let the turbo breath some:00008040:

Oh, you're the one that did that. You're thread was one of the first ones I saw after joining the forum and I thought, Wow! I would never have the nerve to take on such a radical mod. It's truly unique, I'll give you that. Is it finished or is there more? Looking forward to seeing the end result.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Never done:rolleyes: i have a another set of hood inserts that i am getting from a friend that put smooth painted ones on so i am going to attempt to smoothen them and paint them the main black cherry colour and just add the sliver to match where the stripe is. But thats a job for later as i have alot of things going on at work that is about to keep me busy enough that home time will be ride time and relax time. Changing things up is addictive once you start. And the feeling of accomplishment when you stand back and look at it is rewarding. Also boredom of winter with the short day light dosnt help. Dark going to work and dark when you get home has ya spending more time in the shop tinkering and once you start it snow balls

• With a combination of riding and driving I have managed to put 89,000+ miles in the seat of my Slingshots since Feb 2015.

That's an impressive number, Ej. I have 10 years remaining before I retire for good and my intention is to drive the Slingshot every day of them and even beyond. I wonder how many miles I'll have on it by then?

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Lots of neat things can be done to these great machines..... Get lots of seat time in before going to crazy with the mods.... JEALOUS = $$$,$$$.$$ real fast.

I've been proceeding slowly, but gathering momentum. Its a slippery slope, yah?

When the UPS guy rolled up today, the Captain looked at the boxes & said: "What did you buy now?"

She was a little disgusted when I said I didn't know. 😜

In my defense, I ordered these months ago, Bill was real nice about it and kept me up to date, but I was the one who signed up for a group buy at the end of riding season. LoL! I should've known, but at least I got a real nice price, so I'm not complaining at all.

The slippery money slope is gonna get steeper next month when I head north to get my sling boosted.

Maybe I'll slow down after that.... maybe. 🤞

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• That's an impressive number, Ej. I have 10 years remaining before I retire for good and my intention is to drive the Slingshot every day of them and even beyond. I wonder how many miles I'll have on it by then?

EjFord both have a lot of miles and smiles on the Slings. 93,000 miles on Sling I with no problems and I just bought Sling II that already had 11,000 miles on it. Sling I has pretty much been my daily driver since 2/12/15

• I went whole hog and bought everything I could find....almost....still over $8000 worth of mods....without a turbo....some stuff hasn’t even been installed yet....it’s a work in progress....

haven’t seen anything lately that I want or need...thankfully...

• I went whole hog and bought everything I could find....almost....still over $8000 worth of mods....without a turbo....some stuff hasn’t even been installed yet....it’s a work in progress....

haven’t seen anything lately that I want or need...thankfully...

I prefer a more measured approach.

Drive the vehicle, put several thousand miles on, learn what you like and don't.

Think carefully about mods. Research them, read reviews, chat with members who've tried them, how they drive, what they like and don't about their mods.

Stick to things (mostly) that affect performance and drivability. Love all you folks with special paint and lighting, but that's not my bag.

Purchase and install one at a time. Okay, I kinda stacked a few things up over Christmas, but when the Captain says: "Okay, darling, its Christmas", I refuse to hesitate. :)

I've been thinking about the turbo for 2 years, and I've had 4 turbocharged vehicles before, so I kinda know what I'm getting for my dollar.

I'll admit that I'm early-adopting the Haltech Dash, but I'm a tech nerd, so no other excuse for that. Still spent hours pouring over reviews, watching videos, pestering vendors (sorry Kyle D !) before making my decision.

Even with the dash and turbo, I'm still not anywhere near 8K... tempted to ask what you bought -- and maybe how much of that was in polishes and waxes. ^^

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Stick to things (mostly) that affect performance and drivability. Love all you folks with special paint and lighting, but that's not my bag.

Ditto. I'm in for just over 4k in goodies so far and I think the only cosmetic items I've bought are a gas cap, double nut cover, powder coated valve cover and some mirror accent strips. Everything else has been a functional mod.

• Ordered a new NRG steering wheel, NRG Quick Release and the NRG Hub adaptor last night. Also order the Baker Luggage racks. Hopefully will be in next week for installation.

I swapped out my stock steering wheel for a NRG setup right after Christmas. Be patient when pulling the old steering wheel off. Mine was stuck a bit and slow and steady pressure took it off without any issues. Also make sure that you line up the clock spring tab with the cutout for it in the hub adapter when installing it. Easy to get it misaligned when putting everything back together because the clock spring rotates freely and you don't want to mess it up. Overall a pretty easy job and I love the looks and added convenience in getting in and out of the drivers seat now.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• almost all of my mods are safety related....more lights was a big issue for me. I want to be seen.....others are handling and ride related. Then electronic expansion for extras and heated riding gear.

I’ve not found anything I’ve wasted money on. Some items were an upgrade to replace crappy factory things...some were dress up items...

• I feel like I am completely done with my Slingshot...and it's weird to say that. The only thing left is to change out the 22's to a set of 20's and I don't think I have anything else but maintenance left...It's a very weird feeling.

that’s kinda how I’m feeling now.......I’m going to consider that a positive thing....that’s leaves more money for gasoline ...:thumbsup:

now it will just be maintaining things that wear out.