What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• I’ll get ya a Rattler hoodie - you can wear it when we go ice fishing this winter. FYI - ice fishing is on my bucket list and ConnMan is gonna help me scratch that one off !!

Oh boy! I can see the stories now. It starts something like this; A Coonass and Con Man went fishing…. that sounds like the start of something interesting 😝

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I saw some sweatshirts at the little store at start of the Rattler but never saw a t-shirt.

• Today I finally hit 10k miles after 3+ years of owning.

Also - finally starting to add some custom looks.
    Long ways to go - but baby steps I guess ;)

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• Amazing, especially considering both of you guys live in shortened riding seasons!

If necessary I do have a 30 year old Snowmobile suit I could break out. Generally a ppair of longjohns and warm jacket will do the job. I also have a Gerbing heated jacket liner. No Snow I can ride.

• I had to wear a long sleeve shirt a couple of times during the winter down here. Riding at any speed over 70 mph and temps below 70 is tough with a short sleeve t-shirt and shorts.

The first winter I had my Slingshot, I was on the interstate early morning and didn't expect the temps to be that cold. The cold was bad enough, but as soon as I got over 60 mph, I had a bad vibration from the front end. I thought that I might have lost a couple of the stick-on wheel weights. Several miles into my trip (not wearing any gloves) my hands were freezing. So I took both hands off the steering wheel to try to warm them up. Funny thing was that as soon as I did that, the front end vibration when away. It returned as soon as I grabbed the wheel back. I guess I was so cold that I was shivering enough to move the wheel and create the vibration on my own. I decided to always carry a jacket with me for times like that. (Good thing was that the Vanderhall has a heater, so that never was an issue)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I had to wear a long sleeve shirt a couple of times during the winter down here. Riding at any speed over 70 mph and temps below 70 is tough with a short sleeve t-shirt and shorts.

The first winter I had my Slingshot, I was on the interstate early morning and didn't expect the temps to be that cold. The cold was bad enough, but as soon as I got over 60 mph, I had a bad vibration from the front end. I thought that I might have lost a couple of the stick-on wheel weights. Several miles into my trip (not wearing any gloves) my hands were freezing. So I took both hands off the steering wheel to try to warm them up. Funny thing was that as soon as I did that, the front end vibration when away. It returned as soon as I grabbed the wheel back. I guess I was so cold that I was shivering enough to move the wheel and create the vibration on my own. I decided to always carry a jacket with me for times like that. (Good thing was that the Vanderhall has a heater, so that never was an issue)

I have a extra Snowmobile suit I could send you for the chilly days.

• Ferguson Supply, Fines Creek, is the only place I have found "Rattler" t-shirts. Sometimes they are hit or miss in having anything that looks good.

Wow!!!

Sorry.......

I derailed the shit out of this thread!!

Ya Big Frank, that's how I found that place. The stuff looked old, and no sizes in anything that would fit.

Looking forward to my wicked awesome hoodie from Uncle BillyBob!!

Hope you and the Mrs. are well!

Looking forward to ridin' with you again hopefully next year!

(I used a Quick Detailer my SS with yesterday. There, back on track!)

:00000441:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

Funinthesun Thanks for the morning chuckle 😂🤣 70deg and was freezing 😂🤣 thats FN hot I love them days. It was 50 this mornings ride in and no jacket gloves or heater. I guess when you live in the south you get climatized to the high temps.

• I have warm & safe heated jacket liner, gloves, pants liner and socks for the really cold days. Otherwise I wear my quilted chaps, sweatshirt and leather jacket.

I have often wondered about getting a set of quilted chaps. Can you tell me the ones you have and if you’re happy with them and if so where you got them please

• Sorry they are 40+ years old. Tag just says made in the USA. Cooking lobsters at the moment. 😁

Thank you for the reply as I might just see if I can’t find myself a pair of Carhearts.

And as far as the cooking lobsters goes …I’m not sure that’s fair or kind! I miss those bugs extremely!!!