What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Ouch! Happy she came out okey.

We had about 25 pounds max in each bag. Enough to know “things” were different but I designed the brackets low and chose the bags to only be 3”max above the roll bars.
    Some will undoubtedly smirk but the entire bracket upper surface is Velcro. “Stick” the bag on and that’s it. Only one small buckle snap in front- done. You almost need a crowbar to get them off. Minimal bracket showing and no straps.
    They almost look suspended- clean. Just road tested 1000 miles and perfect!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Looking at the video of her crash, I also wonder if the relatively far back location plus height of the load combined contributed to the change in Center of Gravity. Not to mention that riders tend to sometimes go a little faster when they're in a group than they might otherwise do. I usually try to avoid group rides since the one or two times I did them, I found myself needing to go faster than I preferred until I had a chance to let others pass me so I could take the rear position. Of course, in a group environment you usually have assistance readily available. Every two-wheel crash I had was by myself and often in a no cellphone reception area! Fortunately, passing traffic always stopped to help me.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Some say the flags on the back of Tanya's was the stary that broke the 🐫 back. May have provided too much down force.

looking at the video that looks like one of those hitch mounted luggage carriers you often see of the back of an SUV on her sling it looks to be all the way behind and above the rear wheel. with that extra weight at that location and the rear wheel acting as the pivot point all of that weight is acting like a leaver and lifting up on the front wheels - - and yes I am sure the huge flags dont help either.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Today it is 53 degrees so I am gold painting the lettering on the tires. It is slow going if the lettering is not smooth. So, I have already ordered red and gold Testors enamel in a bottle and some new small paint brushes. That will go faster, and that was the way I did it back in the day (1964) I liked the gold color back then on the tires.

• The front tires are done and look pretty good

I know you don't do pictures, but I wish you did, would love to see it

• not really a mod, but I did give the engine a bit of a wipe down so that it will be ready when my coil cover and heat shield arrive - - yea I know these items are intended to cover things, but even so I dont like the idea of hiding things "under the rug" as it were. so when the new under the hood beauty mods arrive this will be my before picture that I will post again along with an after shot.

• Nothing that will show but did a little rewiring of how things are powered. Still need to school myself on the next upgrade.

I keep telling myself that I need to document all of the electrical changes I've made for the headlights and radio. It's on my list, but my retirement schedule is basically when I get around to it!^^

• Purchased a Nelson Rigg Half cover. I have a Full Cover from Polaris. It's a quality heavy duty cover but it's bulky and barely fits in the behind seat storage compartment and needs to be "stuffed" in. Hoping this half cover can fit behind the seat leaving the behind the seat storage area open for other things?

• Purchased a Nelson Rigg Half cover. I have a Full Cover from Polaris. It's a quality heavy duty cover but it's bulky and barely fits in the behind seat storage compartment and needs to be "stuffed" in. Hoping this half cover can fit behind the seat leaving the behind the seat storage area open for other things?

Frankie55 I use one of my luggage racks to carry my full Polaris top in it's stuff bag, which I can get it in if I roll the top up. I can bungee it on along with a MeanSling bag. Not that it matters since you now have a smaller top.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I keep telling myself that I need to document all of the electrical changes I've made for the headlights and radio. It's on my list, but my retirement schedule is basically when I get around to it!^^

BKL my Grandpa Moses used to hand me one of these whenever I told him I'd do something when I get around to it. Man, I miss that guy!

Image result for pic if round tuit

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)