What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• @BLK thanls for the link that answered why the bolts I bought didn't work I think. The orginal bolt is a locking bolt if I am reading the part number right.

M6 x 1.0 x 19 A286 Lock I got to take Sally in tomorrow for the rear wheel studs recall and might just get one at the dealer.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• @BLK thanls for the link that answered why the bolts I bought didn't work I think. The orginal bolt is a locking bolt if I am reading the part number right.

M6 x 1.0 x 19 A286 Lock I got to take Sally in tomorrow for the rear wheel studs recall and might just get one at the dealer.

Looking at that bolt as pictured in the Parts Diagram, I'd assume it has teeth under the bolt head that should act to lock the bolt in place. I say this because the bolt hole in the manifold shield appears to have a flat area around the hole for a bolt with teeth under the head to engage against, locking the bolt in place. If you can't find that bolt (SCR-HHSEMS-M6X1.0X19 A286,LOCK pn 7520995) at your dealer, a 6mm or 1/4" star washer, Internal or External (your choice) under a M6x1.0x20 bolt should probably work in its place.

• Some common things on the slingshot I have recently ordered from Amazon. I hate to start something and have to stop in the middle for a small piece of hardware. Most are inexpensive, probably about the same price in fuel to make a trip to the hardware store. I know most are made in China. I hate that and buy American when possible but it's difficult with limited options.

Hilitchi 400-Pcs [8-Size] 304 Stainless Steel External Internal Tooth Star Lock Washers Assortment Kit - Included: M2 M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 M10 M12

71wYrVzIDZL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

51rWV0R07hL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

• I have been doing the same thing for years now. Also while you are at it go to Lowes or Home Depot, which ever sells the HDX brand of divided storage containers and buy yourself six or eight of the single sided containers. They are stackable and more handy than the divided storage racks. I have both.

• Steering rack replacement

Ready for a couple more years

Can i ask why? I am noticing some slop in my front steering. Holding the steering wheel perfectly still the SS still wanders across the road. I checked everything and it was bolted down tight, but I did notice that the passenger side of that rack had just a little bit of movement in it. I'm wondering if this might be my issue too?

• Is that for the Sling Boomer? What size is it?

Just a recap, the boat and slingshot will fit in garage. Electrican will be here tomorrow, then the fun starts. Getting to decide what will go where. Then putting some insulation along with lights.

Not to mention going on our epic adventure mid September.

Just Sayin

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Can i ask why? I am noticing some slop in my front steering. Holding the steering wheel perfectly still the SS still wanders across the road. I checked everything and it was bolted down tight, but I did notice that the passenger side of that rack had just a little bit of movement in it. I'm wondering if this might be my issue too?

Passenger side inner tie rod end wear. This is the second replacement for the same issue. Try raising the sling then grasping the wheel at 9 and 3 to check for movement. There shouldn't be any.

I know I drive it hard but think these racks are a little under built. The whole assembly weighs just under fifteen pounds.

• Passenger side inner tie rod end wear. This is the second replacement for the same issue. Try raising the sling then grasping the wheel at 9 and 3 to check for movement. There shouldn't be any.

I know I drive it hard but think these racks are a little under built. The whole assembly weighs just under fifteen pounds.

Once you have it replaced, you might want to also check any play in both (but mostly the right front) wheel bearing assembly. I had to replace mine and have heard of others having the same issue.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I found the exhaust leak and installed the 105mm pulley. I needed help from my 87 year old friend installing the belt. It takes 2 people. One under the sling and one holding onto the belt so it doesn't fall down. I think the smaller pulley made the power band even smoother. We rode for our 191 mile ice cream ride. I drove like I normally do with the wife. Not getting on the sc too much. Most speeds below 60. I got 32.5mpg. I'm happy and the muffler was quiet unless you get on it. I'm a happy camper.

• rabtech Is this that one you made that went from Alt to starter (replaced that blue) read about it in old thread.....

It is. I have been trying out a new device to increase the charge voltage. It changes the pulse width signal going to the alternator and makes it output more voltage. These red top batteries require 14 volts to really get them to charge. When your running a haltec ecu you loose the pulse width signal that tells the alternator to charge higher than 13.2 volts. Most normal batteries seem to charge fine with that but the red top just won't charge.

I have found out since I purchased the device I mentioned above how to use one of my haltec output leads and make it regulate the alternator. I will let everyone know how it works out once I get this mess cleaned up and confirm that it works.

• IMG_2323 by James Bachynsky, on Flickr

Well they arrived quickly (although they were treated rather poorly by Fedex in transit).

Installation when fairly well. I had to chase a few nuts with a tap to get the screws in. I am happy with the fit, and utility, but now I need to refinish them.

Now we can carry more stuff with us when we travel.