What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Today’s mod. Simple and long overdue- - - 32mm Sway Bar clamps - - Front Sway Bar Lateral Locks

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Nice. I noticed my swaybar had slid to one side so I ordered some also. There was an issue with 1st set of clamps sent,so now waiting on replacement. Got mine from suspension.com. Great service so far

• Edward Neal have you had them “walk” on you??

To be honest I have never really seen my sway bar move to where it was so far to one side or the other that it looked like it would cause problems. Getting the Clamps just seemed like a good idea- looking at the parts list on the Polaris site at the 2015 year and slingshots actually came with the clamps. for some reason they dropped them on the 2016 and then at some point on later years Polaris changed the shape of the sway bar moving the bends in the bar much closer to the sway bar mounts to where the bar really can't move

anyway having done the mod of the Twist Dynamics Sway Bar some time ago and adding the facts that I have seen others here have big problems with bent end links from the Sway Bar moving too far off center and also the fact that at least on the 2015 Polaris thought there should be clamps it just seemed reasonable to install them - - - at $19 why not? cheep insurance to keep the bar centered where it belongs

edit - Heck the DDM sway bars now even come with stops welded onto the bar to keep it from sliding which seems to indicate that they also consider it to be a potential problem

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Funny thing is to on my 2019 I have pressed on the brakes hard and yet my master cylinder without a brace doesn’t move a smidge. Perhaps they have redesigned these little things along the way.

I would bet that as time goes by they make little refinements that they don't talk about - - just go through the parts listing for any year and you can see where they mark that the part has changed from what was originally installed - even on the 2015 slingshots they have a notation by the part number for the sway bar saying "this is the most current part for this model previous part number was - - - - -"

wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the mount for the master cylinder had been beefed up over all these years

As a side note when I installed my master cylinder brace before actually putting in it I tried to see if I could make the master cylinder move and I could not detect any movement - perhaps I didn't push on the pedal hard enough, but either way I can definitely tell the improvement in how my brakes feel when driving

• To be honest I have never really seen my sway bar move to where it was so far to one side or the other that it looked like it would cause problems. . . . .

My Twist Dyanmics sway bar did. Bent the sway bar links, rubbed against the steering tie rod, and everything. Thread on it here somewhere. I did the same thing and bought the clamps (and new DDM links).

• Too be honest I have never looked at my sway bar. Might have seen it when I installed the wheel lights.

If you don't have a sway bar with locks, keep an eye on it.

It may not walk on you in the straight and narrows.

But you start throwing the Sling thru mountain or river curves with heavy body roll...

You will bend those end link eye bolts.

Did that with the stock bar.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Well, I took the battery out... It was really corroded!

Anyway, a 2014 battery so I think a replacement is due. Group 26 right? Gonna see if Costco carries an Interstate mt-26... If not, any other recommendations that isn't an Optima?

Anyway, a 2014 battery so I think a replacement is due. Group 26 right? Gonna see if Costco carries an Interstate mt-26... If not, any other recommendations that isn't an Optima?

Well, here comes Bigdog...

Yep, didn't notify him. He just shows up.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

Take your old one into Batteries Plus and they will probably have a match on the shelf for about $120.00. I've replace mine from there.

went thru two aftermarket batteries until I installet an optima yellowtop. Nothing compares literally. My sling can sit now for three to four weeks and it will start right up while the others would deplete in one week or less. Not to mention the only battery that shoild be installed if you have a lot of electrical mods is an optima. Period.

• went thru two aftermarket batteries until I installet an optima yellowtop. Nothing compares literally. My sling can sit now for three to four weeks and it will start right up while the others would deplete in one week or less. Not to mention the only battery that shoild be installed if you have a lot of electrical mods is an optima. Period.

your problem isn't the battery - - the problem is letting your sling sit for three to four weeks

• Dang I would hope the alternator in these Slingshots would put out way more then the sound systems you guys are installing. When my son was into the boom systems in his teens we installed a higher capacity alternator not a larger battery. His last system would bounce the windshield wipers when he cranked it. The amp sucked some juice.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Dang I would hope the alternator in these Slingshots would put out way more then the sound systems you guys are installing. When my son was into the boom systems in his teens we installed a higher capacity alternator not a larger battery. His last system would bounce the windshield wipers when he cranked it. The amp sucked some juice.

Did he walk off with the lights on and the music playing without the car running?

• Fair lol. But also the tech that installed my sound system and all my LEDs recommended the optima based on all the strains the mods would put on a regular motorcycle battery.

yea - I was just giving you crap 8o I do know that for many slingshot owners having large sound systems and Lotts of extra lights and other electrical mods the optima batteries seem to be the best option, one thing I have wondered about the new 2020 & 2021 slingshots is what battery options do they have? is there room for a full size battery in the new location up front? if not perhaps a second battery behind one of the seats?