What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• I have an Assault Fender that is used and been beefed up that I would sell. I have one on my Slingshot. These are no longer made. pm me if interested.

used one would need to be repainted....

wait a minute! You have a mod on your slingshot? That would’ve meant that it would have to of been stationary for a period of time. I was of the understanding that yours was perpetual motion!😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• DJohnson I totally get it and that’s the cool part about Slingshot motorcycles etc. I think the people that utilize them are by far individuals – and make their rides that as well. There is no right or wrong I believe. It’s all about what you want, and feel comfortable with and enjoy. Ride On!

• I didn't look at it that way that big tire back there is impressive. I liked the looks of the storage compartments they once made for back there but understand they were hard to get them water proof. I see no need for a rear fender other then adding a little color back there. Looking at a sling from the rear it just looks like a black hole making it hard to see from behind. From my motor cycle days of wearing day glow orange I like to be seen on the road.

interesting, I work with an older lady who lives at the same end of the valley as I do. In the past there have been many days when we have taken the same route up highway 111 heading home. She is the type of driver that likes to stay in the center lane and drive exactly the speed limit and as such even if she leaves work before me I often end up passing her and driving the slingshot in front of her. The first time this happened after I got the slingshot the next time I saw her at work she was very excited to see me and to ask me if I had ever seen what my slingshot looks like from behind when its being driven - - of course I told her I hadn't bothered to get out when it was running to look - She then proceeded to tell me how the tail lights were the most amazing she had ever seen, no way you could ever miss them and the most visible vehicle she had ever driven behind

It has been almost 4 years now, and I have to admit I still havn't bothered to get out of my slingshot when its running to see what the tail lights look like, but if Barbara is to be believed visibility to other drivers should not be problem and that black hole we all see when it is off is apparently very well lit when running

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• MY opinion on the stern end is I wish they had pushed out the rear bucket area so as to make more storage. Even a little more would be a huge improvement IMO. I always look at the SS and wonder why EVERYTHING is so angled and cut and futuristic yet the "bucket" is rounded. :/ On the fender note.... I like the "no fender" as the rear single tire is the signature component on the SS IMO. The Bigger and the more it stands out the better. Kind of like a motorcycle. Don't cover the engine - show it off!

One day I may get around to putting the front fenders and the back fender back on.

• I didn't look at it that way that big tire back there is impressive. I liked the looks of the storage compartments they once made for back there but understand they were hard to get them water proof. I see no need for a rear fender other then adding a little color back there. Looking at a sling from the rear it just looks like a black hole making it hard to see from behind. From my motor cycle days of wearing day glow orange I like to be seen on the road.

If you spend any time riding in the rain you'll understand why I want a rear fender. Wetter from the rooster tail than the rain coming down.

• If you spend any time riding in the rain you'll understand why I want a rear fender. Wetter from the rooster tail than the rain coming down.

I drive in the rain a few times every year - in fact it was supposed to rain today, but so far it looks like I might stay dry - - anyway I have never noticed any problem with water from the rear wheel getting on me - light rain, heavy rain - - never been an issue

perhaps I have been spared by having first a very low windshield and now double bubbles - - wind flow might help

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I'm not sure if I like or dislike the rear fender look. I liked one I saw on a new blue "R" model. Having a rear fender simply to stop the crud spewing all over the rear would be a good thing!

• @ Edward Neal That a reassuring. I to never looked at Sally's rear while she was fired up. I just wondered a few times when sitting at a stop light on a 60 MPH road and a big rock hauler truck was coming up behind me at 70 if he was going to see me if the light turned green and he didn't have to stop. Kind of makes you wish you had a flare gun or hadn't stopped for the light.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I took this little gem and put it centerstage about 8 inches behind the license plate or forward of the license plate depending upon your viewpoint, pointing straight down at the rear tire. It is an LED and I tied those wires into the light that goes to the license plate. It does an excellent job of illuminating the entire ass end and in my opinion you can’t miss me at night.

For $5.95 and about 30 minutes of fiddling around it’s a cool little option

• If you spend any time riding in the rain you'll understand why I want a rear fender. Wetter from the rooster tail than the rain coming down.

I'm NOT looking to start a war here or to alienate any of my 3 friends I still have on the forum. But I am beyond impressed that our very own Dieter travels in his slingshot from PA to Maggie Valley (and I'm sure a LOT of other places) and doesn't let rain force him into unplanned stay-overs. He does slow his speeds down to the speed limit if he has to, but watching some of his videos, there's NFW I would ever attempt it.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I'm NOT looking to start a war here or to alienate any of my 3 friends I still have on the forum. But I am beyond impressed that our very own Dieter travels in his slingshot from PA to Maggie Valley (and I'm sure a LOT of other places) and doesn't let rain force him into unplanned stay-overs. He does slow his speeds down to the speed limit if he has to, but watching some of his videos, there's NFW I would ever attempt it.

Hey - the guy has blasted down the Autobahn at break neck speed, did a job in Iran, and the only dude I know that has ridden a camel - riding in a rain storm is child’s play for him :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I'm NOT looking to start a war here or to alienate any of my 3 friends I still have on the forum. But I am beyond impressed that our very own Dieter travels in his slingshot from PA to Maggie Valley (and I'm sure a LOT of other places) and doesn't let rain force him into unplanned stay-overs. He does slow his speeds down to the speed limit if he has to, but watching some of his videos, there's NFW I would ever attempt it.

Rain or Hurricians do not stop me from going to Maggie or anywhere else. Last year I rode all the way to Clarkesville in the cold rain

May be some of us can get together and BUY you a couple of more 'friends'. Ride safe my friend.

• Hey - the guy has blasted down the Autobahn at break neck speed, did a job in Iran, and the only dude I know that has ridden a camel - riding in a rain storm is child’s play for him :00008172:

Now you know TWO people. Have Judy tell you about her time riding a camel in Morocco next time we get together

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE