New Ford Bronco

• My dad bought a new Bronco every year from 1984 till the last year they made them. I have so many memories of driving Bronco's. Dad always bought the 351 H.O. with the 4 barrel carb and the C6 automatic transmission. Then later I seem to remember it was still the V8 and Automatic but I believe they went to a 302 FI. We pulled just about any trailer no matter how heavy and how long it was. And mainly they would haul ass when you mashed the gas pedal. My dad always had the exhaust changed to duals with flowmasters and routed them straight out the back. This way he could let the rear window down when we were annoying him from the back bench seat. The exhaust fumes would draft right inside and put us to sleep. Lol.

Now about this new plastic toy that ford is calling a Bronco..... The depressing part is that it's a 4 door. Half the fun was tilting the front passenger seat and watching fast ass people try to climb in. And dont get me started about the size.... It is built on the smaller Ranger platform. The world already has a Jeep Wrangler so why is Ford making an identical copy. I don't have a problem with it being smaller if Ford would call it by its correct name. BRONCO 2......

The last information that I read was that it will be Ecoboost 2.7 and only be available in a 7 speed automatic.

I would trade my Raptor in a second for a FULL SIZE 2 door Ford Bronco with a center console and a rear bench seat. And give it the same 3.5 twin turbo EcoBoost my Raptor has in it. And give it some attitude. Make it look mean so small children wont even walk down the same parking lot row its parked on.

Unfortunately I believe this will be more of a tribute vehicle kinda like the Thunderbird they made a while back. It was absolutely useless. Unless the big reveal in a month or so surprises everyone and they have both sizes of the bronco sitting there I'm afraid Ford has screwed up big time.....

And yes ..... I know the original 60's and 70's Bronco's were a small vehicle. That doesnt mean we need a tribute vehicle built like them. They were also uncomfortable, noisy, and either hot or freezing depending on where you lived. The larger Bronco was a much more utilitarian vehicle you could live with. And if you wanted to pull a house down the road you could even get it in a 300 in-line straight 6 with a manual 4 speed transmission with granny low. You could actually start the Bronco in granny low without pushing in the clutch it was geared so low.

• From the following quotes...

I don't believe either of these two people would be a good choice for spokes person of the new Bronco.

One said, "It doesn't fit!"

The other said, "You must acquit!"

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• The new Ranger truck is really nice. Size is good and you can get a diesel in it as well. It is the answer to the Colorado from chevy I think. It is not a f250 but looks pretty nice. My $.02

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I was following the Bronco for a bit. I decided to get the Gladiator. I have been really happy with it. Honestly...it makes me smile more than the slingshot does. It's extremely functional and plenty of space for the family.

I saw this posted on Facebook so you really don’t know what happened. Someone said that the owner installed the wrong length shocks.

You know if it is on the internet it’s got to be true.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• I’m doing well Boomer thanks for asking. I don’t believe we will make it this year. Gotta save all my energy for Maggie Valley. Might try to ride over to Houston next month for their get together.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• I saw this posted on Facebook so you really don’t know what happened. Someone said that the owner installed the wrong length shocks.

You know if it is on the internet it’s got to be true.

My guess is the guy was going way too fast with a trailer or possibly was out trying to jump his Gladiator then still had to tow his trailer home. Either way...not smart. The biggest reason I am a little more cautious after any mod is because of one saying..."Remember dummy...you still have to drive it home."

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• The Bronco does appear to be a Wrangler fighter. I'm working through a Non-compete so will be stepping aware from Jeep accessories for a short time. Nothing in my NC about Ford Bronco so here I am moving to PA for a new job as Senior Product Designer (non-Jeep). Hope to have the NC removed and back to also doing Jeep products in the near future.

As for the Gladiator in the picture. 100% need the other half of the story. More going on there than what's being told in my opinion.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: