Garage lighting

• I recently just did a little overhaul on my garage...light was also lacking. I have two overhead fluorescent fixtures which I swapped out the bulbs to a 5k led...but then I also added these lights off amazon. They are linkable so I put one on each side of the center overhead lights and then linked a second one vertical down the center of the wall. Makes a tremendous difference and for very little $$. Also added a corrugated metal decor to bottom of the wall with a painted shelf to cover top edge and I did RGBW led lighting on the underside. Does help some but more of a visual effect than anything

Hykolity Linkable LED Shop Light for Garage, 4FT 36W Utility Light Fixture for Workshop Basement, 5000K Daylight LED Workbench Light with Plug[250W Equivalent] Hanging or Surface Mount, Black-4 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T…_r_cp_api_i_DTcwEb2DHH7C6

• 26 x 36 feet I have two rows 4 ea. 8 foot flourscent single pin lamps installed the long way. I would like to do the same thing with the LED tube lights but that is a little expensive The lamps are three switches so that I do not have to turn all on all of the time. I was going to install three more cross ways in the parking area but never got around to it so there would be no shadows when working on, or waxing/cleaning anything parked in the 16 foot parking area. EricRedSL what ever you do, DO NOT install any 4 ft. Bi-Pin flourscent lights. Do not cut yourself short on the lights you will regret it later if you are really doing anything in the garage. Just DO NOT put all of them on the same switch, make it so there are area or zones.

• I just bought these last month from Costco. And they are BRIGHT. I'm using them in a standard 2 car garage w/8' ceilings but they are bright enough that I think you would be fine. They are linkable so you can plug in 4 sets to each other.

Costco LED Lights

Yes - - I bought one of these from Costco for my garage over my work bench and it is great - plenty enough light to work on my Slingshot

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have 3 can lights going down each side. Each bank of 2 wired on separate breaker. Thinking of putting a 15k lumen in middle of garage wired with middle side cans but add a box to turn on with wireless remote when needed. I have used wireless remotes and they work great. I was just wondering with the one lumen in the middle 4 feet long will that be enough.

• Not an expert...

But, how many of you think overhead lighting in a garage sucks?

Considering you work under hoods, roofs, and under automobiles.

Lighting would probably be more beneficial in garages if it flooded from the sides at 45 to 60 degree angles. Would put more light into those areas we work and provide reflective light underneath.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• That was the reason I had extra lights to install cross ways in the parking area so that what ever you wanted to work on was surrounded with 4 each 8 foot tubes. I still have them in the attic that I never installed. I built the Play Room in 1982 after the divorce to work on the 4 dirt bikes and the 2 street bikes. It was more important than building a house for my 2 sons and I.

• Stuck mine sideways on the wall over my work bench - gives pretty good under the hood lighting - on the other side of my slingshot in the center of the ceiling is another light that also lights under the hood because it is not directly overhead

i-WRPzv25-X2.jpg

• You need more light Edward Neal

you are probably correct, but when I really need to work on the slingshot I normally pull it out in the daylight anyway - - - its just a regular size 2 car garage and not enough room to work on the Slingshot except for the smaller tasks

• I have a 24x28 by 10 high ceiling garage. I'm having a hard time figuring out what lighting I need to put in there so it's bright enough for me to work on the sling or any other vehicle. Any experts out there?

This, my friend, will solve all your problems. Bought them at Home Depot and had them professionally installed. Those are the brightest LED lights Home Depot sells. Absolutely worth the money.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• I worked around 5 years with six 4 foot bi pin fixtures in the play room 26 x 36 never enough light and that was why I went with the eight 8 foot single pin fixtures

This, my friend, will solve all your problems. Bought them at Home Depot and had them professionally installed. Those are the brightest LED lights Home Depot sells. Absolutely worth the money.

How many fixtures are you using in the garage? Two might be good if you only park in it.

• I worked around 5 years with six 4 foot bi pin fixtures in the play room 26 x 36 never enough light and that was why I went with the eight 8 foot single pin fixtures

How many fixtures are you using in the garage? Two might be good if you only park in it.

I have two fixtures; one hangs over my sling and the other over my wife's dog grooming table. When they're both on, they light up my 3-car garage like the mid-day sun.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"