Tires need help

• Hi everyone, I need help with your knowledge and experience for tire sizes for my new rim's. My friend gave me this set of 4 rims 20x9 114.3x5, it's possible to use the same 20x9 rims for the front and rear ?

What tires size should I purchased for the front and rear also what tire brands, can you guys recommend?

Thank you for all help info!

• Hi everyone, I need help with your knowledge and experience for tire sizes for my new rim's. My friend gave me this set of 4 rims 20x9 114.3x5, it's possible to use the same 20x9 rims for the front and rear ?

What tires size should I purchased for the front and rear also what tire brands, can you guys recommend?

You can use the 9" rim on the back, but typically will not be able to mount over a 255-265" tire on a 9" wheel.

As for tire brands, that depends a lot on your budget, how often you are ok with changing them and how much grip you want.

• Do you know what the offset is on the new wheels? http://www.willtheyfit.com provides a vissualization of how the new wheels/tires compare to stock. Just enter the wheel diameter/width/offset along with the info for whatever tires (width/profile/diameter) you're considering.

Here's an example comparing my 2015 Base Slingshot rear wheel/tire (18x9.5, 45 offset, 265/35R18) with a Mustang wheel/tire (17x10.5, 28 offset, 315/35R17) -

Smaller wheel offsets will move the edge of the wheel further out from the suspension components. In my case, the wider wheel and smaller offset basically placed the inner edge of both wheels in approximately the same location.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

Welcome to the "World of Slingshot Insanity" ...… My word to all the new guys....get lots of seat time in before going to crazy making changes. So many things that we can do with these great machines and you don't want to do some thing today and than want to change it tomorrow. Wheels and tires are just the beginning. What kind of driving do you do and "want" to do. I love my Nitto 555 G2 tires great for putting on lots of miles, but not so great if you want to drive aggressively and need the traction. When your looking a $500.00+ for a set of 3 tires take some time to figure it out. MACAWS indicated he had tires for the track and for the road...lots of options.