SS plastic?

• thank you! I am working in this area as well however the ABS plastic that I will be tinkering with will be on the right and left side. I am looking to fill that area between the tub and the side pieces. This area has always been a “scratch my head area” in that it was never filled in in my opinion well. And the aftermarket part for this, for me personally looks a little clunky.

Again thank you everybody for jumping in on this and offering help.

lowlander has done what you're contemplating. Perhaps he'll see this and offer up his advice. His description and pics are in here somewhere, probably in the 'What was today's Sling projects thread.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Here are a couple of pics. I used double sided 3M emblem tape and some zip ties to hold them in place. The plastic was from a local sign shop (I don’t recall specifically what it was called) and some rattle can paint for plastic gave the colour.

• Here are a couple of pics. I used double sided 3M emblem tape and some zip ties to hold them in place. The plastic was from a local sign shop (I don’t recall specifically what it was called) and some rattle can paint for plastic gave the colour.

killing me! That’s exactly what I was thinking of. Only difference is I was thinking of curling/forming the material around the frame pipe.

Nice work and thanks for the pictures!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I, too, have spent a lot of time and more money than I would have needed to purchase something, but then I enjoyed all of the time and thought I put into what I was thinking about.

Have you seen the Side Gap Fillers and Doors offered by AllThingsSlingshot?

https://allthingsslingshot.com/collections/doors

Yes and thanks- just not what I am looking for. lowlander beat me to it- thought I had an original idea- but affirmation is good enough for me 😎

Quick question; What did you use to cut the material and get a nice edge?

• Quick question; What did you use to cut the material and get a nice edge?

I am really not in this conversation but you can do just like I did when I cut the wind screen off. Cut with a Dremel and then use a palm sander and start with like 100 grit sand paper and then use two or three finer grits until you get the edge to look like you want it to look. If you do not have a palm (Harbor Freight cheap) sander a block of wood will work with the sand paper wrapped around it.

• Quick question; What did you use to cut the material and get a nice edge?

get a plexiglass jigsaw blade..... use fine sand paper on the edges...

I would use 1/8” thickness or less if you want to make that tight of a curve....the biggest issue is going to be heating it.....the heat gun I used, if you hold it too close for too long you’ll start to melt the texture flat...then to hold its shape you’ll need to have a wet rag to chill it...

• It was a couple of years ago, but likely I used sheet metal shears to cut the plastic.,

In some posts online I have also seen where people have used a router. I asked because plastic comes in so many different forms as some of it melts when being cut and some of it towards the plexiglass range just cracks and breaks. The material I have coming is 1/8 inch ABS thick so it should be reasonably easy to deal with. Famous last words. “All ya gotta do” comes to mind.🤭

• Well, just thoughts.

Build you a template to begin...

Cardboard, foam, whatevah....

Play with that til you got zactly what you want.

Scribe your template to backside of your plastic with an Exacto knife or box cutter. You can probably make the full cutout with a box cutter.

If you do any sanding, you can re-glaze the plastic with a quick pass of a torch. Just be mindful not to burn your project.

A better idea might be to forget my ramblings and search youtube...

After watching a few of those, you will be able to to tell who knows what the hell they are doing and those that are working at it for the first time.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• while it’s cooling you’ll need to keep it clamped until it’s totally cold.

one more thing.....since it’s black and the sun will heat it up really hot......my curved visor started to go back to its original flat shape. I had to reshape it and build a metal frame to fasten to it to keep its curve. So if your sling it parked in the sun long enough....your pieces could start losing their shape.