Floor and tunnel mats - opinions??

• My original plan was to purchase Meansling floor and tunnel mats. A member in our group has them and the quality is superb. Unfortunately, it appears that they are no longer available so.....

I am looking for opinions on the current sets available. If there are any other manufacturer suggestions, please let me know.

My concerns with the stick on foam ones are:

A. inability to remove to clean.
    B. how do they wear?

C. what products to use to clean?

D. do they peel off on hot sunny days?

My concerns with the carpet ones are:

A. Do they move or bunch up? If so, has anyone installed snaps (appears fairly easy)

B. How do they wear?

The sets that I am looking at (all will include tunnel mats):

Twist Dynamics GEN 2

Foamskinz

Ultimat Fitted Carpet Floor Mats

Luxe Fitted Carpet Floor Mats

• I went with a set from slingmods - they appear to be very nice quality - still have to install them though. Time and cold temps have limited my garage time a bit!

I know the old design from MeanSling had a rubber mat molded in where driver's feet rested - Slingmods do not have this feature. The box says the mats are from a company called Lucas, if that helps.

I wouldn't go with foam myself - my experience is that all foam breaks down over time - especially in outdoor applications. UV light (sunshine) and the various exhaust, gas, oil, lubricant traces they are exposed to is very bad for them... but the worst part is trying to get that stuff off! At least with a woven carpet mat I can get rid of it easily if I need to.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I went with the foam set from Cycle Springs. Had them installed at SSITA a few years ago. I like them OK, but would agree with Doc that they might breakdown with long term UV exposure.

If I were to do it again, I'd get the plush carpet from Slingmods, then get the foam kit just to do the tunnel.

BONES had this setup when he had his SS.

It looks sharp!!!

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• I wouldn't go with foam myself - my experience is that all foam breaks down over time - especially in outdoor applications.

That is my major concern.

Should they wear out quickly (or get grungy from dirt / oil on shoes) - How difficult are they to remove? How much sticky residue will be left bonded to the floors and tunnel?

I also added a link to the op. The "super plush" version offered by Slingmods.

Hey Doc, what set did you get?

• My concern as well. I wanted more feedback on long term use before I purchased any.

I have the Slingmods carpets [driver and passenger side with the optional firewall mat] .....Well Over a year now and over 10k on them , Quiets the cabin 'no wear and never bunch up...highly recommend them..:thumbsup:

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• From the FWIW department,

I decided to try to replace the foam sealing strips that are supposed to seal the cubbies behind the seats - was going to replace it with silicone rubber gaskets similar to those around a car window or door seal. Taking off the foam was a nightmare. I could get the foam to tear away, but never found anything that would loosen or dissolve the adhesive without damaging the plastic.

By the way, if anyone has an idea for this, I'd be very happy to hear it!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I could get the foam to tear away, but never found anything that would loosen or dissolve the adhesive without damaging the plastic.

A hair dryer will soften it up making the foam tape or any vinyl decal easy to remove. If the glue is left behind, Mineral Spirits will remove the glue without damaging the plastic.

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• A hair dryer will soften it up making the foam tape or any vinyl decal easy to remove. If the glue is left behind, Mineral Spirits will remove the glue without damaging the plastic.

Mineral Spirits or simple 'paint thinner' should remove all glue than clean and add a little fresh wax ...

• I got the 3 pcs floor mats from TD, although you can also buy the additional tunnel & cubby kit. (I really wish they would sell as a 5 pc kit, not 3 or 11.) I have not had a problem with them in either SS, although admittedly, the oldest set was only about 1-1/2 yrs old. They use a push-snap button to secure so you can take them out to wash them, but never any problem with them bunching/slipping.

• Is Patrick not making any more mats at meansling???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's not that I don't want to, its sourcing the material. My original supplier discontinued the all weather carpet I was using. I have not been able to source a quality replacement.

There are also changes coming for Tina and I that will dramatically affect MeanSling for 2020. I have taken a new Job that will require complete relocation to Kennett Square PA. This will require MeanSling to reduced production and even put most on hold until everything can be sorted out. MeanSling is a second business for Tina and I and has always been for the fun of doing things for our SlingShot family. I'll start an official thread on our sight and here soon.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• One thing for sure Patrick and Tina aka Ruptured Duck have both been upstanding business people and sling family. Knowing the products he has sold to many of us he will not put out something that wont meet a standard of excellence. Difference between a person in it strictly for the quick buck and someone that takes pride in what they are doing and trying to provide an honorable service to customers. I wish you both the best in your move and hope everything works out for your best interest.

• mpj220 The Twist Dynamics have been a great seller for me and by far the most popular sets out their, Take a walk down the line at any rally and you will find they have been widely used since day one and continue to be a strong seller, for all Twist Dynamics Distributors, including myself and Slingshot Only

The quality of any product can be best gauged by the number of customer complaints and or returns, which can eventually result in a failed product line. But I can tell you, the T.D carpets sell well, problem free, and continue to dominate that market, as they have passed the Test Of Time..

Meansling introduced a great new product as well but it is no longer available . Slingmods has since introduced an alternative line , that may very well turn out to be a good product /seller with time, but that remains to be seen, However, it's worth noting, the reason they did so was because they no longer are a Distributer for any of the Twist Dynamics products, so they now offer an alternative line, being foam.

The Twist Dynamics have proven very successful and continue to lead that market , as they are a good quality, affordable product, $99.99 for a 3 piece set ,They have been out their since day one in the Slingshot Industry and continue to dominate that industry as the # 1 seller, that says a lot to me, A great product , widely accepted and still selling strong !

https://allthingsslingshot.com…for-the-polaris-slingshot?