Spray Wax Favorites?

• Bugslide,,, don’t ride without the slide...

$1.00 per ounce,,, but it works for me windshield and all plastic parts and leaves a shine...!! Just my opinion......!

this is one I still want to try some day

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Bugslide,,, don’t ride without the slide...

$1.00 per ounce,,, but it works for me windshield and all plastic parts and leaves a shine...!! Just my opinion......!

Which way do the bugs on windshield slide, up or down? Just asking!

Keep Three Wheels Down

• So Dave@DDMWorks could you just spray this on the sling when still wet after a wash and then use the leaf blower to dry and that’s it?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited 2 times, last by SoCal ().

• Who needs a detail spray when you have a matte finish! It wasn't my ideal choice to get the GT with the matte paint, but I had to get it for the reduced price and best band for my buck. Chemical Guys sells TONS of products (almost too much) that assist in you taking care of your ride. They have a matte detail spray that can be used on just about anything from wheels, dash board to clear windshields. I typically just grab it off amazon for about $10. I also use a lot of Meguair's spray wax and detail spray on my other toys! I only use Meguiar's products, except they don't make a matte finish detail spray.

I was half tempted one day to take a buffer to the matte paint and make it shine and then I realized how much work that would be for the entire vehicle and decided not to try it. The guy at the auto body paint shop told me that matte paint can be buffed to get a polished look shine. Not too sure on if that's true or not.

Be safe and God bless!

• I have the matte finish, and I have no plans to buff it out. I like that the sun does not create a glare in my eyes when it hits it at a certain angle. Its easy to take care of - simple wash and dry (with my leafblower lol). Im just going to try different products for the black plastic to keep them looking good and not fading to gray.

• I have the matte finish, and I have no plans to buff it out. I like that the sun does not create a glare in my eyes when it hits it at a certain angle. Its easy to take care of - simple wash and dry (with my leafblower lol). Im just going to try different products for the black plastic to keep them looking good and not fading to gray.

I've used Mother's Back to Black for that.

Pros: Does a great job, economical too. Before vs. After look is amazing!

Cons: You've gotta reapply every 4-6 months depending on how much weather & sun you get exposed to.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Thanks Doc - Ill have to get some. One of these Ill be up your way when I'm in Farmington - we will have to hit some of the local roads around you. Just gotta wait for the weather to warm up before I do that 3 hour trip up there

• For painted surfaces and windscreen - Lucas Oil Slick Mist Speed Wax. I believe I switched to this after seeing posts from Doc. Previous product was Shine Armor (good but over twice the cost)

For black plastics - CarGuys Plastic Restorer. Tried this after some Jeep guys recommended. It can bring faded junk back to new. On the Slingshot, it leaves the plastic in deep black with an amazing matte shine. Lasts for months.

• Thanks Doc - Ill have to get some. One of these Ill be up your way when I'm in Farmington - we will have to hit some of the local roads around you. Just gotta wait for the weather to warm up before I do that 3 hour trip up there

A good ride, then lunch at the ranch.

Today, its chicken & cheese enchiladas.

Just threw it in the oven...

Just let me know when your up our way! :thumbsup:

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.