2020 Daytona 500 Favorites or Predictions?

• Looked Bad, he got hit right where he was sitting. They did not show that shot but one time.

Agreed, hoping for the best. Those guys live on the edge. For anyone who has never seen NASCAR live. TV will never give a perspective of the event. As one driver said at Pocono two years back. you push the car to the limits going into a turn and only back off when you see the face of God!

• News releases out this morning that he is in serious condition with non-life threatening injuries. That was a scary wreck once I saw the replay, but a testament for the safety engineering those cars go through that he came out of it alive. I know NASCAR wants to use the overtime format to finish the race under green, but these guys push so hard those last two laps that it isn't a matter of if they will wreck each other, but how bad will it be.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• Great news! Thank goodness for the safety equipment in place today!

https://www.fox2detroit.com/ne…00-crash-racing-team-says

That is Just amazing

Sorry when you see a wreck as horrific as this one you just have to wonder what really happened to Dale Sr. His crash just did not seem that bad from a spectators point of view. But I am sure the changes made after his death lead to the reason Newman can walk away today. These cars have come so far.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• That is Just amazing

Sorry when you see a wreck as horrific as this one you just have to wonder what really happened to Dale Sr. His crash just did not seem that bad from a spectators point of view. But I am sure the changes made after his death lead to the reason Newman can walk away today. These cars have come so far.

Blaise Alexander was a relative of mine through the marriage of a first cousin to his brother. He was an up and coming hot shoe in NASCAR. His roommate for the ARCA series at the time of the accident was Jimmie Johnson. This accident with Kerry Earnhardt (Dale's oldest son) is almost eerie in similarity. I believe it was what lead to the beginning stages of the head harness technology used today. Ironic it wasn't developed sooner.

https://us.motorsport.com/arca…-fatally-injured/1931515/

• The HANS device was invented in the late 80’s. The device did not go over well at the time. Around 1990 the device went to the public. F one tested with them and airbags and the HANS was better than the airbag system. Oddly enough NHRA was the first to mandate the HANS. NASCAR had three basilar skull fracture deaths in 2000 and then Earnhardt in 2001. Four deaths in an eight month period. Earnhardt said he wouldn’t wear one because he was afraid he would get hung by all the straps. Mark Martin said he wasn’t going to wear one and he would just keep his fingers crossed. After Earnhardt’s death the HANS and full face helmet was mandatory.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~