2020 Daytona 500 Favorites or Predictions?

• Let's hear it if you have a favorite or prediction for winning today's race.

Part of me would like to see the 48, Jimmie Johnson win in his last season although I've never rooted for him before. I kind of like the number 4, Harvick to win today.

Anyone else?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I understand that NASCAR is for sale. All I can say is they did it to themselves. I have been a race fan since around 1956, but very rarely watch NASCAR anymore because of the things that they have done. I do flip to the each race now, just to see how many fans are in the stands. They are lucky anymore to be half full. A little fact for some of you. Did you know that NASCAR has taken down over 1/3 of the seats at almost every track except Bristol. They took down some 85,000 seats at Daytona, and at Charlotte they took down all of the new seats that had been added between turns 3 and 4, plus what old seats that were on the back straight. I have a list somewhere of the 5 things that helped bring down the spectator counts. The straw that broke the camels back was when they made the statements trying to stop the Rebel Flags at their tracks.

• I understand that NASCAR is for sale.

You sure ?

NASCAR just purchased International Speedway Inc. In October so only now owns Daytona, Homestead, Darlington, and 9 other tracks. With Iowa, which France owned previously, this gives them direct control of over half the tracks that sponsor NASCAR races. It is my understanding they also just secured 4 major sponsors rather than just the traditional one main sponsor. Rumor is they are also trying to buy up shares in Speedway Motorsports Inc who owns Las Vegas, Charlotte, Texas, and the other 5 tracks.

.....:/

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• You sure ?

NASCAR just purchased International Speedway Inc. In October so only now owns Daytona, Homestead, Darlington, and 9 other tracks. With Iowa, which France owned previously, this gives them direct control of over half the tracks that sponsor NASCAR races. It is my understanding they also just secured 4 major sponsors rather than just the traditional one main sponsor. Rumor is they are also trying to buy up shares in Speedway Motorsports Inc who owns Las Vegas, Charlotte, Texas, and the other 5 tracks.

.....:/

It was something that came up in a conversation last week, I do not keep up with NASCAR any more. Back a few years ago I could pretty much tell you anything you wanted to know. about them. I am one of the many that left them after the flag issue.

• Harvick would be my pick or anyone of the SHR guys.

I think NASCAR is going to take a swing towards more short tracks and less races per year. I have been a race fan my entire life don't care what type of racing just love racing. I do not pay attention to the politics of racing they are just another major league sport trying to run a business. But the teams and the drivers are there because they are compassionate about the sport and put their hearts and souls into winning. It is great to see so much new young talent entering the sport. When we have another rivalry like Earnhart and Gorden there will be a resurgence. I was never a Dale fan but losing him hurt the sport dramatically.

Want to see some great racing find a local dirt track! We have a track near our house in Elkin NC called friendship speedway. $12 a head to get in and they race all night. Great value, Great racing and food always taste better with dirt on it. I worked for a guy when I was way younger and we ran a modified dirt car and a late model asphalt car every week. It was some of the best times of my life and I don't think I ever worked that hard again.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Harvick would be my pick or anyone of the SHR guys.

I think NASCAR is going to take a swing towards more short tracks and less races per year. I have been a race fan my entire life don't care what type of racing just love racing. I do not pay attention to the politics of racing they are just another major league sport trying to run a business. But the teams and the drivers are there because they are compassionate about the sport and put their hearts and souls into winning. It is great to see so much new young talent entering the sport. When we have another rivalry like Earnhart and Gorden there will be a resurgence. I was never a Dale fan but losing him hurt the sport dramatically.

Want to see some great racing find a local dirt track! We have a track near our house in Elkin NC called friendship speedway. $12 a head to get in and they race all night. Great value, Great racing and food always taste better with dirt on it. I worked for a guy when I was way younger and we ran a modified dirt car and a late model asphalt car every week. It was some of the best times of my life and I don't think I ever worked that hard again.

• I skipped a ride today to watch the race :huh:. Joey Logano! It would be OK if Jimmie Johnson won as he heads into retirement. Ay least tomorrow is a holiday, weather looks somewhat good in Jersey. I might record & do a ride.