Should pending product updates not bear fruit over the next 2-3 years, Slingshot will likely be discontinued.

• I've been binge watching MotorTrend TV all day and I think I've seen a TV ad for everything Polaris makes, except the Slingshot. Is there another ad campaign somewhere that I'm not aware of or is Polaris simply relying on the occasional glimpse of a Slingshot to catch the eye of a would-be buyer? I don't know, I'm not in the marketing business, but that can't be the way you would boost sales of a struggling product, IMHO... 🤔

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• I've been binge watching MotorTrend TV all day and I think I've seen a TV ad for everything Polaris makes, except the Slingshot. Is there another ad campaign somewhere that I'm not aware of or is Polaris simply relying on the occasional glimpse of a Slingshot to catch the eye of a would-be buyer? I don't know, I'm not in the marketing business, but that can't be the way you would boost sales of a struggling product, IMHO... 🤔

Very few ads for Slingshot.

That was one thing that was talked about in Huntsville with a couple of people from management.

Every time I go out for a ride I still have people approach telling me "that thing is awesome"!

What is it?

wonder why the demand is low....they keep sending me stuff in the mail....guess they figure I’m a captive audience...

• lots of people want them....they just don’t want to pay for it...

Yes, but I believe the number of people that want them, but don't like the price, is far less than the number of people that might be willing to pay the price if they even knew they existed. Truth be told, I myself had neither seen a Slingshot, nor even heard of them until shortly before I bought my own just a few months ago, and how long have they been making them?

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Around here many folks really take an interest in ours, and there would be several sales among them, if the nearest dealer now wasn't 200 miles/4 hours away, that is what's killing the SlingShot in these parts! Though, on the selfish side, it is fun having one of the two or three in a hundred mile radius or so....................

Bill

• Call me old-fashioned, I guess, but I just can't fathom why there aren't as many ads for the Slingshot on network TV as there are for the Honda Accord, if Polaris wants to increase sales.

Polaris did run one set of commercials a couple of years ago. Polaris's hope was to sell the Slingshot to the younger market. But the biggest part of the market ended up with the 50 to the 70 year old ex motorcycle riders.

• Most companies are trying to sell to what I call, "Bubblegum chewers." Mindless iPod users between 12 and 30 years old. Why? "Because they are our future. We have to get their brand loyalty when they're young." Trouble is, no one with multi colored hair has money, and the companies aren't interested in anyone with gray hair. So, no ads aimed at the over 50 set, that actually HAS money.

Companies need to fire everyone in the R&D and Marketing departments under 35 years old, and hire some mature planners.

• Here's a marketing slogan to improve sales.

Slingshots failure rate is only 41% after 4 years compared to CamAm Spyder 42%.😂😂😂

According to Consumer Reports, the Can-Am brand has a 42% failure rate after four years. This makes their motorcycles among the least reliable brands. Most of the reliability issues seem to be with manufacturer quality control, and there is really no single identified problems, but many different ones. Their models utilize more complex engineering, which may contribute to reliability issues.

• So here in Philadelphia, PA area there is a commercial running on tv for RCN (a cable company). They feature how high tech there system is and feature pictures of other high tech equipment including several shots of a Slingshot.

2016 Bluefire LE, the fastest color. :D:BLUESS: