Should pending product updates not bear fruit over the next 2-3 years, Slingshot will likely be discontinued.

• I didn’t drive my dune buggy in the rain but I drove it in snow...in the woods...

Yes.....Maybe not in Dec'Jan'Feb............But Out here in the northeast for 9 months yes it would help...

Polaris has heaters for their Side -By's........I ride all winter but thats just me i don't mind the cold, Cause i don't have a mind....Or so everyone who sees me riding in sub 25 degree temps says i must be out of my mind..:/.....The Polaris dealer near gave up the Slingshot franchise cause he couldn't sell any in the winter.....No one would even take one out for a test ride....

quads have heaters and roofs and windshields so the can be driven in the rain and snow....all season vehicle for hard core people.

normal people are not looking for motorcycles in the middle of winter....dealers are gearing up for the sales season to start next month...I’m a fair weather rider...

I did spend about $800 on heated riding gear...for the slingshot. I still don’t like being cold....spent too many winters freezing for my job....

dealers are all about showroom floor space....slingshots take up a lot of room. Looking at my dealer I’m pretty sure polaris told dealers they needed to have a separate slingshot showroom...they could get about 7-8 in their room.....probably could get 6-7 more quads in the same space.....their quad showroom was 5-6 times bigger...

it was actually sprinkling the day I took mine for a test ride....the road was slightly wet and I wasn’t allowed to drive it...

showrooms need to be heated and cooled....this costs lots of money...

polaris has done just about everything they can to attract buyers....people are holding onto cars and trucks longer....motorcycle riders are probably doing the same.....takes a lot longer to wear out a motorcycle if you don’t or can’t drive it all year long.

I used to buy a new vehicle every few years..... my “new” truck is a 2011....with under 40,000 miles. I’m not thinking about getting rid of it. I haven’t decided what to do when I do....whether to buy a low mileage used or new...

vehicle dealers are hearing that everyday.....if you buy a low mileage lease (24 month) it will probably have under 30,000 miles on it...and you’ll save thousands...look at the price drops of used low mileage slingshots.... that’s not helping polaris... those people aren’t buying another one....because they didn’t have time to ride this one.

the same can be said for any low mileage two wheelers.....no time to ride it....an automatic or stick isn’t going to fix that problem.

I miss riding two wheelers, it’s not as free as riding in the slingshot...but it’s still fun.

• I ride my bikes a lot! But, since I’m getting older, three wheels will make sense sometimes. I will still ride two wheels until I can’t though. But I know I wont be buying any more toys and that is probably true for most baby boomers.

So, Polaris needs to market the SS to younger people. Advertise where young people will see it. College sports games maybe???? A heater would be good cause the younger crowd likes their comforts. Resort rentals will put younger people in the seat... Team up with alumni groups to have college special edition color themed SS’s.

My guess is that the marketing folks at Polaris are too old!

• So you're saying that if manufacturers try something new and it doesn't work that they'll stop doing it??? Man Bigdog you should be a CEO or something...

it doesn’t say anything about making a great product...just about increasing profits....that’s the corporate greed factor dictating how business should operate....

cheapest product.

Highest price

Out source production to cheapest labor market.

Collect big bonus

Retire with millions while workers starve and have no benefits, healthcare or retirement.

that makes me a great CEO.

• I'm afraid you have a serious misconception of American business. The CEO works for, and on behalf of, the stockholders. His/her job is to maximize shareholder value. He/she does not work for the consumer.

Now to maximize shareholder value you can make the greatest product in the world or the cheapest. It all comes down to what you make and the market(s) you are in. And yes, the payoff for being successful at this can be huge.

What you call corporate greed is actually called CAPITALISM and it still kicks ass on any other economic model. Striving to make a profit is responsible for just about every creature comfort you enjoy every single day so instead of whining like a castrated dog you should be thanking the greedy bastards!

...while workers starve and have no benefits, healthcare or retirement.

What country (or century) are you from?????

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I find it extremely amusing , how in one thread everyone bitches about how expensive slingshot parts(small batch of usa made products), yet on another thread everyone bitches about how all our manufacturing is done in china and how could the government allowed that to happen.....

The level of hypocrisy/irony is truly amusing.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I’m talking about the shitholes we ship all our manufacturing to for wages that are pennies on the dollar .....with forced child labor. How good are their benefits....

that’s our middle class jobs....are the “stockholders” pleased with themselves for perpetuating that?

Our country also needs people to make money and have good jobs, that keeps our economy going......are the stockholders worried about American workers.

The baby boomers built this country. Because they got married had good jobs, had kids, bought houses and cars. Had pensions they could count on because they were loyal to the company and the companies were Loyal to the workers.

Today because of the stock holders the employees are expendable at any moment to preserve their profits. Are they ok with wrecking people’s lives...

capitalism works but it also sucks...corporate greed needs to stop. Workers need to be a valuable commodity again. Respected and have good benefits. Not on a tightrope that could be cut any second by some bean counter that gets a percentage of the money they save by costing somebody their job.

CEOs that make millions because they cut the workforce is not a good thing.

stockholders made money before the corporate greed model took over. Before the middle class was sold to the lowest bidder...

corporate greed never was and never will be a good. There is more to life than just worrying about me...me...me...

depending on China for our medications is a disaster waiting to happen...which just did. Losing our heavy manufacturing to India and China is a disaster waiting to happen...which already did.

we don’t have much of an economy if our population can’t make a decent wage....we need people making money and spending money....not worrying about missing a day of work.

that’s capitalism....not just corporate greed.

• I think you have an issue with the current brand of globalism not capitalism. Western countries have abundant workplace safety regulations, fair compensation, and great environmental protection laws. We then compete against third world economies which have none of these. Our governments have sold us out and provide free access of products that should be heavily taxed to equalize the playing field. That is not capitalism. It only become capitalist if all the players play by the same rules. China is not a capitalist country, so how can we compete?

• I think you have an issue with the current brand of globalism not capitalism. Western countries have abundant workplace safety regulations, fair compensation, and great environmental protection laws. We then compete against third world economies which have none of these. Our governments have sold us out and provide free access of products that should be heavily taxed to equalize the playing field. That is not capitalism. It only become capitalist if all the players play by the same rules. China is not a capitalist country, so how can we compete?

Some of that was pretty funny, I don't know how many times where oil and gas (and other company's) employees get killed on the job because the company refused to fix safety problems. And the first thing the CEO will do is jump on his stump and recite his canned speech "we are the safest company in the world". In the mean time family's are mourning their dead. 15 people dead on an oil rig and the canned speech will be heard once again. And what's even more ironic is with millions or gallons of oil spilling into the ocean, 15 people dead what's the CEO doing 30 days later... He's over in England teaching his kid how the bet on the pony's. Oh well I guess that's what you call capitalism. Oh wait! We should call it capitalism without responsibility. There that sounds better.

Thanks JamesB . I've run out of steam on this one. How's biz at the range?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• young people that are in college can never buy one. They can get a two wheeler way cheaper. If they’re not in college they can’t afford it either....there are cheaper toys for summer...

I’m not saying they should stop making them....but keeping one production line running 1 turn all year or two turns 6 months gives them options to boost production on another vehicle that may also be seasonal..

if they (kids) buy into the everything’s free and the new green deal. They will be riding bicycles..or electric scooters.

why can’t polaris be happy with controlling a unique 3 wheel market. However many units a year that is? As long as they are making a Decent profit. They keep employees working, they keep part suppliers working. Why is that so terrible?

TAX THE CRAP OUT OF THEM WITH TARIFFS....an equal playing and the American made products will be bought all day long over the cheap Chinese junk..

no....we, because of corporate greed send our manufacturing over seas because of the cheap, slave like labor to increase their bottom line....does that sound American to you? Does that help our country? Does that make us stable? Does it help American families?

we just learned a big lesson in sending our manufacturing to China when they just threatened us by saying they will shut off the shipments of medicines to leave us swimming in a sea of corona virus infections.

THAT IS BULLSHIT. All of our manufacturing should be forced by our government to return as fast as possible to this country or be fined or taxed out of existence. SCREW CHINA. And any US company that doesn’t think so.

why should we be building up any other country’s economy to appease the stock holders over helping American workers. It makes our country richer. And stronger...

And above all we should not be screwing the working people of these other country’s by allowing them to pay penny’s on the dollar.....where is your humanity. Why should American companies be ok with promoting slave like labor and wages for the sake of a slightly bigger profit at the expense of our workers being unemployed...and screwed out of pensions, hospitalization and decent wages.

these corporations need to understand American people make this country great. Only when we have low unemployment. CORPORATE GREED SUCKS. PROMOTING SLAVE LABOR

FOR PROFITS SUCKS.

what if it was the other way around and China was doing it to you, your wife and kids? You all have to work 16 hours a day to buy a loaf of bread and other basic needs? While living in filthy shacks with no sanitation....

We need manufacturing here.....they said we were going to become a service oriented country....depending on imports for the majority of our stuff.....

tell me how we make any money trying to export a plumber or an electrician or a doctor? Why should we be OK with Walmart’s killing small town American and main street. This has been going on for decades .....I know they finally, very reluctantly started to increase wages.....only because they have been shamed into it....

the last figures I saw a few year ago was each of the Walton family members was worth over 18 billion each.....let at sink in. On the backs of how many Americans, how many ma and pop stores....how many ghost towns? Nice business model. Nice reputation. Nice example of corporate greed. We made multi billions and paid you peanuts.....capitalism at its finest.....but at least the stockholders are happy.

they lied....when they said we would only sell American goods....until they started selling Chinese goods more and more. That was Corporate greed. Not appeasing stock holders. Not helping working Americans.

• why can’t polaris be happy with controlling a unique 3 wheel market. However many units a year that is? As long as they are making a Decent profit. They keep employees working, they keep part suppliers working. Why is that so terrible?

My thoughts exactly when they decided to discontinue the Victory line. Having owned two of them, I was profoundly disappointed when I read that their decision to cut was rooted in the bottom line. Really? I don't believe they realized the affect cutting the Victory line would have on attitudes. What did they think I would do when I was ready for my next bike, run out and buy an Indian. No! I bought my two Victories because of what they were, not because l couldn't have something else, and since they no longer produce them, I'm no longer interested in having another bike. I know, I know, some would point out the irony in my decision to buy a slingshot, but that was Purely coincidental, not because I couldn't buy another Victory... lol

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"