• I've had mixed emotions about the Middle East. Being a Vietnam veteran and that war wasting 58,000 lives and now we're doing business with Vietnam. What's the point? Get out of all wars. Put all that money into vetting everyone that comes into the US. My heart aches for the poor souls that didn't make it back.

• I've had mixed emotions about the Middle East. Being a Vietnam veteran and that war wasting 58,000 lives and now we're doing business with Vietnam. What's the point? Get out of all wars. Put all that money into vetting everyone that comes into the US. My heart aches for the poor souls that didn't make it back.

I also have mixed emotions. Not an easy yes or no answer. My opinion is they need to want to end the never ending cycle of war themselves if not nothing will change. After 19 years? Show real progress and it's different. At best a limited force with as much (best) protection of that limited force as they need.

• Rich old men sending poor young men off to die. It has been so since the beginning of recorded history, and surely long before any records exist. Armies do not hand out chest decorations in peacetime.

• The reason I started this thread was because of the administration starting to talk peace with a Taliban for a 7-Day ceasefire basically and then move forward with a pull out. In my opinion that's the same thing Nixon did pulled everybody out and got peace with dignity which was a laffer. Now if Trump ends up pulling everybody out of Afghanistan, I can't wait to hear what the Democrats have to say about that