New Product!!! ZZP Slingshot Pinion Brace Kit

• Some interesting news and possibly unintended consequence of the pinion brace. This is a quote I pulled from a friend on BookFace who just installed the brace over the weekend here in TX.

"Ok folks, I found a fix for a problem I have had on my 2017 Sling for a long time. I have taken it to the dealer numerous times and they have never been able to correct the loud whine I get when I am driving 50 or above and when decelerating. Well today my son installed the ZZPerformance pinion brace kit on my Sling. How I don't know and don't care but it completely eliminated that whine. Never expected that result, I bought the kit for what they advertised it for, but it also fixed an irritating loud whine I have had for a couple of years." - Richard Wiley

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• It could be possible. Typically whine comes from having the wrong preload on the gears, so if the case flexes a little when the brace was installed that preload could change in theory. That is the first I've heard of that. I've been one of the "lucky" ones I guess and neither of my angle drives has never been very noisy to begin with.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• It could be possible. Typically whine comes from having the wrong preload on the gears, so if the case flexes a little when the brace was installed that preload could change in theory. That is the first I've heard of that. I've been one of the "lucky" ones I guess and neither of my angle drives has never been very noisy to begin with.

First I have heard of wrong pre-load equating to a noisy angle drive. Will have to do more research and see if this is a garage fix or validation of spec.

"Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Some interesting news and possibly unintended consequence of the pinion brace. This is a quote I pulled from a friend on BookFace who just installed the brace over the weekend here in TX.

"Ok folks, I found a fix for a problem I have had on my 2017 Sling for a long time. I have taken it to the dealer numerous times and they have never been able to correct the loud whine I get when I am driving 50 or above and when decelerating. Well today my son installed the ZZPerformance pinion brace kit on my Sling. How I don't know and don't care but it completely eliminated that whine. Never expected that result, I bought the kit for what they advertised it for, but it also fixed an irritating loud whine I have had for a couple of years." - Richard Wiley

Kyle D 's brother-in-law?;)

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

I have never had any bad whine issues either with my 2016 - - god knows if I let the belt get dirty it can start screeching and will get louder the more the dirt accumulates - but simply cleaning the belt with a brush and some water and that clears right up and stays good for several weeks so long as I dont drive in dirt lots - - cant blame the angle drive for that

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• ^^^ SHOW OFF.

• Kyle got my brace yesterday and installed this afternoon and as reported by a few others my SS is totally quite on drives now >Thank you for a great product that gives one peace on mind when you drop the clutch ;):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:Great addition to my ride!!!!!Highly recommend this brace!

• damned skippy, if you have it, flaunt it :)

I thought you were considering a quad, give up on that?

on pause. Damn adult priorities man.

• Such an easy install my wife tackled it alone. I know... #goals! Any who... she got the WP dual rear 2.5” removed from the rear with ease. Removed the stock angle drive cover bolts, assembled the brace around the pinion and had it buttoned up fast. She was stoked to try the torque wrench and was just as stoked to know she did it herself. She gave up on the exhaust reinstall after the brace and I soon learned why. It was a royal PITA to get the rear most section back on as the extended bolts really left almost zero room to move and get a tight fit. Some wood... a pry bar and hammer made it work. It’s doable with a 2.5” WP dual rear... however the exhaust now touches the swing arm when the airbags are lowered. I’ll monitor and adjust if possible/needed.

Here she is happy as can be!

thanks ZZP... quality product and instructions!! Will report tomorrow if my angle drive is quieter. Too exhausted. Beer me!!

EDIT: After a short ride the next morning, I am happy to report my rear end is much quieter than it ever has been on my 2016.5 Base. Super stoked. lol

Edited once, last by 2W2X1: Updated info ().

• Kyle D do you have the angle gear braces in stock if not what’s your turn around time once purchased need 4

Yes I have them in stock and ready to go. They should go out pretty quickly once purchased. Hit me up at kyle@zzperformance if you have any questions or need any help.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke