Time to service the Slingshot....

• Here in the Midwest Ohio, I still ride all year long. Lowest was 5 degrees at 500am in the morning for a 30 mile commute. No issues with a tall windshield and base layer gear. Only issue is the finger tips get cold. My two pair of heated gloves don't help, so I don't even use them anymore. As long as the roads are dry, no matter the temperature.....I'm riding!! Had my 10k service a couple of months ago. It's great having an Iron Pony Superstore less than 5 miles down the street that work on a first come first served basis!

Be safe and God bless!

• Here in the Midwest Ohio, I still ride all year long. Lowest was 5 degrees at 500am in the morning for a 30 mile commute. No issues with a tall windshield and base layer gear. Only issue is the finger tips get cold. My two pair of heated gloves don't help, so I don't even use them anymore. As long as the roads are dry, no matter the temperature.....I'm riding!! Had my 10k service a couple of months ago. It's great having an Iron Pony Superstore less than 5 miles down the street that work on a first come first served basis!

That's great. I used to have heated gear for my MC but not sure I'm going to add it to the SS. I will ride more once I finish up next years wood cutting, splitting, stacking etc. I'm only a few more days of good weather from finishing it up. Then I'll be piling up the miles..(I hope).

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• You might better read the fine print on your Extended Warranty and Verify that it is the Polaris warranty, have owned 2 Slingshots and have never seen a 7 year warranty by Polaris ??? Some dealerships will try and confuse you or sell you an aftermarket warranty which is not the same??

I just pre-ordered the new 2020 Slingshot which comes with a 4 year warranty for preordering, which means I get the original 2 year warranty plus 2 years of extended warranty with a $50 deductable??

Most I have ever seen by Polaris is the 2 years original warranty and optional extended warranty for one, two or three years Max ??

• You might better read the fine print on your Extended Warranty and Verify that it is the Polaris warranty, have owned 2 Slingshots and have never seen a 7 year warranty by Polaris ??? Some dealerships will try and confuse you or sell you an aftermarket warranty which is not the same??

I just pre-ordered the new 2020 Slingshot which comes with a 4 year warranty for preordering, which means I get the original 2 year warranty plus 2 years of extended warranty with a $50 deductable??

Most I have ever seen by Polaris is the 2 years original warranty and optional extended warranty for one, two or three years Max ??

Well, I'm glad you said something about that because I just called my dealer and they said we purchased the ESP that is 3yrs which totals out to 5yrs. The little girl that sold us the ESP said they don't normally sell ESP's but if we purchased the ESP the day we purchased the SS then it would be 7yrs total. "Jen" wasn't there when I called but she's getting a call tomorrow. I will get to the bottom of this tomorrow! Thank you for your information. I will let everyone know how this goes.

TheDonFather - Videos

• Okay good you followed up and I believe you have 30 days to change your mind and get a full refund, just not sure?

Also, now I'm a little concerned or confused maybe, about the ESP plan for 3 years they offered?? ESP is that the Extended Service Plan and not an extended warranty plan ??? Two totally different plans I'm thinking?

• Okay good you followed up and I believe you have 30 days to change your mind and get a full refund, just not sure?

Also, now I'm a little concerned or confused maybe, about the ESP plan for 3 years they offered?? ESP is that the Extended Service Plan and not an extended warranty plan ??? Two totally different plans I'm thinking?

Dayyum! Now you got me wondering. And 30 days has not arrived but if they deceived me it wouldn't matter if it were 30 months. I would get my pound of flesh. I'll find out tomorrow and will definitely post here. I'm hoping what my Wife and I heard was correct and the plan is for a total 7yrs.

TheDonFather - Videos

• Alrighty then. Just got a call from the little girl that did our paperwork and sold the ESP to us. She admitted she told us 7yrs total because they have one of their bike brands that does have a service plan that goes to 7yr. And she did admit that it's only 5yrs total. 2 manufacturer and 3 extended. I know everyone makes mistakes but that's a big one. She told us she'd refund out ESP cost and I laughed and told her yes she would if we decided to go that way. Told her I'd call her tomorrow and give my answer.

TheDonFather - Videos

• Another update. I spoke with my salesperson who is the owners son and told him what was going on with the service plan. He told me it was their mistake and didn't want it to reflect poorly on their dealership but rather how they handled their mistakes. So they said they are going to cut me a check for the 3yr service plan but would keep the plan in effect so I do have the 5yrs of bumper to bumper protection. That my friends is a dealership that takes care of its customers.

The salesman is:

Cayce Crockett

Crockett Powersports

4113 S Access Rd

Chattanooga, TN

(423) 760-3670

TheDonFather - Videos

• Alrighty then. Just got a call from the little girl that did our paperwork and sold the ESP to us. She admitted she told us 7yrs total because they have one of their bike brands that does have a service plan that goes to 7yr. And she did admit that it's only 5yrs total. 2 manufacturer and 3 extended. I know everyone makes mistakes but that's a big one. She told us she'd refund out ESP cost and I laughed and told her yes she would if we decided to go that way. Told her I'd call her tomorrow and give my answer.

There are vendors on this forum, that can & will sell you the extended Polaris 3 yr for a 20% discount. You can buy the Polaris warrantee from any dealer and use it at any dealer. Her mistake …

Should have read all posts first.... You got it fixed....

• Wish this forum had a POLL function. I would like to know how many that bought extended warranties have actually had repairs that exceeded the price of the extended warranty.

normally I consider extended warranties to be a waste of money, having said this my wife insisted I get an extended when I bought the slingshot - she felt that the slingshot was so different that it might be a good investment. At this point I have yet to need the extended warranty and I suspect that when it runs out it will be like most extended warranties and will have been a better deal for them than for me - - having said this I do still enjoy the peace of mind of knowing it there if I need it - and as hard as it is to quantify that peace of mind does have value :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Wish this forum had a POLL function. I would like to know how many that bought extended warranties have actually had repairs that exceeded the price of the extended warranty.

I have put lots of miles on my 2016 (second Slingshot) and have 72,000 + miles on it and yes the money I spent on the warrantee has been used probably 4 times over. Doesn't take long to use up $1,000.00 when you start pulling apart the rear end of a Slingshot for oil leaks.

I received a free two year extended warrantee from Polaris at purchase. My magnetic clutch switch went bad a month or two back. This was during the extended period. No issues with Polaris backing up the warrantee. There was a $50 deductible but that was outlined in the warrantee.

I am not sure of the actual price of an extended warrantee?

• I received a free two year extended warrantee from Polaris at purchase. My magnetic clutch switch went bad a month or two back. This was during the extended period. No issues with Polaris backing up the warrantee. There was a $50 deductible but that was outlined in the warrantee.

I am not sure of the actual price of an extended warrantee?

Frank, the standard warrantee is 2 years, Did you get an extra 2 year for a total of 4 years?

• Frank, the standard warrantee is 2 years, Did you get an extra 2 year for a total of 4 years?

Yes, 2 years standard plus the 2 year extended (parts & labor). Total 4 years. The factory gave the extra 2 years as an end of the year incentive so I don't know how much it would have cost but for me it was free!

• I have a 2018 Slingshot SL That I bought new in August of 2018. I just purchased a 3 yr extended warranty from Ball Equip.last week. I figure the money is well worth it if for nothing else than peace of mind. Like EJ said get the rear end pulled apart 1 time for oil leaks or God forbid a cracked housing and its money well spent.

• The only reason that I bought the extended warranty in Feb. 2015 was because the Slingshot was a totally new product on the market at the time and we did not know what the long term problems might be. 93,000 miles and I "MIGHT" be got my money back out of it.

• The only reason that I bought the extended warranty in Feb. 2015 was because the Slingshot was a totally new product on the market at the time and we did not know what the long term problems might be. 93,000 miles and I "MIGHT" be got my money back out of it.

That's great! You have the weather to ride for sure. I have family near Myrtle Beach.

TheDonFather - Videos