Time to service the Slingshot....

• Now the time for those of us in the Northern parts of the USA to think SPRING.

Most of our Slingshot dealers would love to have us in for service NOW, they have a

more time now than they will once the riding season gets here. Our #1 BS'er,

Harvey took his in to Neilsen's Enterprises, Villa Park, Il. for a quick oil change ---

in/out --- As the great techs at Neilsen's always do, they went thru his Slingshot

front to back. Found a oil leak in the rear end --- going to take a little time to get

that fixed (all under warrantee) --- Northern Indiana were not going to be riding
    much for a month or so all is good.
    Lots of good dealer out there Harvey and I think that Neilsen's, Lake Villa, Il is #1.

• Great Post, as some seem to forget about the SS once snow hits the ground until we see spring than take care of the essentials and recalls. I have heard but not confirmed yet that a few dealers will even offer to come pick up your SS (within reason) with their trailer and take care of the recalls and essential maintenance. This may be something to think about maybe you can cut a deal with them for this service (pick up and delivery service) for a small fee or reduced fee and you are all set when the weather allows and you are not out your SS a few days or weeks waiting. I think if the price is within reason its a WIN WIN for all involved, Lets say you have to drop it off, So find someone to follow you to drop off , leave SS for a few days/weeks, than get a ride back to dealer and drive it home, this all cost extra time and $$$$$.

'It's about the ride not the destination"

• EJ, You and Georgia should move to TX. We take our slings out every few days just to blow the dust off. Winter for us last about 3 days at a time. Hope you are staying warm.

One more thing you can paint year round down here.

jamesgn

Georgia and I were in Florida for a couple of weeks in Jan -- Harvey and Diana ( Bu11sh1t) and a couple from Michigan came down for a while and we meet up with some of the Florida Slingshot and put about 2,000 miles on the Slingshot. Had my crew up here working nights doing a repaint of a restaurant so I could pay for vacation when I got home. WE do a lot of interior work this time of year so business has been good. Probably won't make Texas this April, Hoping to do Virginia in April. Glad the two of you are enjoying the Slingshots.

• Wow, I'd forgotten how life was in the great white north, (maine). We ride year round in SE Tennessee. It took me two days to get my first 550 miles on my SS. And that was two weeks ago. It's rained here ever since. Looking forward to this weekend so I can get it serviced and out blasting the mountains..

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• Yep, a few weeks back I checked the extended forecast and spotted a nice day. Called the shop and set up an appointment. In and out and they're glad for the business this time of the year. Mine is under extended warrantee for one more year so I take it to the dealer for service. All it takes is one or two nice days in the spring and the shops get backed up.

• Called yesterday... they will get me in on Saturday for my 500 mile check. Gonna be a bit cold in the morning but I still have all my MC riding clothes from back in the day and they are pretty warm.

TheDonFather - Videos

Edited once, last by drfubar ().

• =O29* here in Tennessee this morning and we're getting ready to head 35miles south to the dealer for my 500 mile service. Maybe I should have waited for spring! 8):):)

TheDonFather - Videos

• -12 here at 6:30am now a balmy 6. Have a good ride, hope you have heated clothing.

Actually we do from our MC days but I haven't hooked it up to the SS yet. Not sure if I will. 30 minute ride. Should be able to handle that...LOL

TheDonFather - Videos

• Serviced yesterday. Couple hours of looking at merchandise and talking to the people that work at the dealership and we were out and on our way. I got to play a little with it now that it's past the first 600 miles. By god I'm going to have to be careful or I'm going to get a "performance award" or two this summer. We have some twisty roads around the area and we play a little on them before getting cold and heading for the wood stove.

On another note I asked the service manager if I could go into the work area and take a look under the SS. I was amazed at how simple it is underneath. Got a good look and asked a lot of questions. Looking forward to warmer / dryer weather.

TheDonFather - Videos

• Serviced yesterday. Couple hours of looking at merchandise and talking to the people that work at the dealership and we were out and on our way. I got to play a little with it now that it's past the first 600 miles. By god I'm going to have to be careful or I'm going to get a "performance award" or two this summer. We have some twisty roads around the area and we play a little on them before getting cold and heading for the wood stove.

On another note I asked the service manager if I could go into the work area and take a look under the SS. I was amazed at how simple it is underneath. Got a good look and asked a lot of questions. Looking forward to warmer / dryer weather.

Take good care of your 'service writer' and the tech that works on your Slingshot and they will take good care of you and watch for problems that may come up. I have never been big on extended warrantee's but I did take one the Slingshot and it was money well spent. The dealers have some room to lower the cost of the warrantee.

You can get the extended warrantee anytime before the original runs out.

• Take good care of your 'service writer' and the tech that works on your Slingshot and they will take good care of you and watch for problems that may come up. I have never been big on extended warrantee's but I did take one the Slingshot and it was money well spent. The dealers have some room to lower the cost of the warrantee.

You can get the extended warrantee anytime before the original runs out.

I'm with you on extended warranties. I've always said no to them. Just a way for the seller to make more money. But this time we did buy the extended warranty. 7 years of coverage for the price they quoted was what I would consider good insurance against a toy that wasn't cheap to begin with.

TheDonFather - Videos